LIVE! -- Dragon of the Seas goes to the Beyond and Back, October 26-Novemeber 4

DragonOfTheSeas

11 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

One unique thing about this ship is the amount of creaking it does.  We are not in rough seas and the wind is not unusually strong.  However, the creaking is very pronounced.  I found it a little creepy yesterday, but I am used to it now. 

Very strange obviously dependant on position but in 20+ cruises this is by far the quietest a cabin has ever been, I know the waters have so far been very calm but we have not heard the slightest creaking and we have never slept so well on a ship.

FYI we have an Infinite Veranda cabin on deck 7 right by the central elevators. One other thing we have kept the folding doors open all the time. No idea if they creak if you close them.

21 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We haven’t sailed on an E class yet however I find the Magic Carpet interesting and will def check it out when we sail on the Edge in ‘24, one comment I’ve read frequently is that the area is so windy and not comfortable for sitting and enjoying a drink or meal due to the winds…you mention playing cards which sounds like would be impossible with windy conditions…depends on the itinerary? Whether docked or at sail? Thanks for any insight you can provide. 

We played there most port days, but we did play a couple of times during sailing. Played most of our cards at the Sunset Bar. 

Either place we had wind but found these outstanding cards that don’t blow around. I could have sold dozens of sets with as many people that stopped and asked how our cards didn’t blow around. 

37F4D521-9B48-46C2-A476-44756274F647.thumb.jpeg.f089bb4924addff0f917aded64369e9f.jpeg

Cheers! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We are here!

1557608762_Bermuda1.png.c5ca1c659d0e6e9b43fce70b5201a2e0.png

1922803355_Bermuda2.jpg.84dbc6616c4b461f81a6f90c9ebb6fe3.jpg

We arrived in Bermuda around 8 am.  Our original departure was 5PM.  Our cruise documents which we got about 2 months ago list the departure as 4 PM.  Today the Captain announced we will leave at 3PM and all aboard is 2:30PM.  

All of the Celebrity shuttles to Horseshoe Bay beach were sold out months ago.  [book early] This is our favorite beach in Bermuda, and it sounds like it is everyone else's, too. 😊

The weather looks iffy.  It was clearing as we got here, but the clouds are rolling back in.  DH and I decided with the short port time and his slow walking we would just stay onboard.  We both enjoy an empty ship when everyone is ashore. 

• Like 4

We have been to Bermuda several times. . . and 3 of those were multi day visits. The following pictures are from a previous visit.  But, I thought you might like to see some of the places you can visit. 

This is Horseshoe Bay.   

image.thumb.jpeg.ebcdb6007f29575308de02065889da7b.jpeg

There is a path along the upper shore that leads from one beach to the other. 

PA180011.thumb.JPG.1308eeee07bbe0c3cb14a2a86a4fc53f.JPG

It can get crowded as you can see. 

PA180002.thumb.JPG.0623506846bfcf606c4902d11821165a.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.a22fa078c309264364d25e2c1b29fbc4.jpeg

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
  • Like 4

Just now, DragonOfTheSeas said:

This is Horseshoe Bay.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ebcdb6007f29575308de02065889da7b.jpeg

There is a path along the upper shore that leads from one beach to the other. 

PA180011.thumb.JPG.1308eeee07bbe0c3cb14a2a86a4fc53f.JPG

It can get crowded as you can see. 

PA180002.thumb.JPG.0623506846bfcf606c4902d11821165a.JPG

image.thumb.jpeg.a22fa078c309264364d25e2c1b29fbc4.jpeg

We were lucky enough to visit Bermuda this past August.  Horseshoe Bay Beach is the most beautiful beach I've ever seen.  Enjoy 😎

Bermuda has an excellent transportation system of buses and ferries. You can purchase individual tickets or day passes.  We always got multi-day passes and traveled all over the island.  Bermuda is friendly, clean and safe [unless you are on a motor scooter].

This is Hamilton, the capital. 

1543771067_hamiltonharbor.thumb.jpg.680231f6422218f523d13e7caf3d38e0.jpg

My favorite way to get there is by ferry. 

PA170031.thumb.JPG.63cca0c3b57837e8c0cc13badc3388b9.JPG

There are many hotels and restaurants along the main street.  But, we headed to Fort Hamiliton. 

PA170026.thumb.JPG.7142a92d2a1aa9ee487137a2402e5e40.JPG

PA170025.thumb.JPG.da0e3211e92385531437c824603a3649.JPG

PA170020.thumb.JPG.860636c3fac34392adcc2291104e4df9.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, countess5 said:

We played there most port days, but we did play a couple of times during sailing. Played most of our cards at the Sunset Bar. 

Either place we had wind but found these outstanding cards that don’t blow around. I could have sold dozens of sets with as many people that stopped and asked how our cards didn’t blow around. 

37F4D521-9B48-46C2-A476-44756274F647.thumb.jpeg.f089bb4924addff0f917aded64369e9f.jpeg

Cheers! 

Ah! Thought there must be a secret of some sort! Not available north of the border unfortunately but will have to get our friends that go south frequently to check them out. Def a great idea and yes, you could start a side business onboard with those!  👏 

I got this in my cabin on the day we boarded. 

image5.jpeg.52d57a6154e0f41539693118a6f793b5.jpeg

There was no explanation.  I was lucky that I had read about these on another thread. Effy gives out a free mini charm that fits inside the glass circle. I went there before dinner and they gave me this list below and my first charm.  I missed the one for embarkation day. I will try to get the rest.

There were a couple of other women that got the list with the necklace. 

list.jpg.cd3712bcdb9b67a05a75cdc9c7c36515.jpg

The jewelry stores onboard are always pricey--but, these are crazy pricey!

effy.jpg.ccc6ed38e4ea9ca9952557b22c7e6c9d.jpg

egg.jpg.111d446f979c2fc6af02e79ae4e6f432.jpg

• Like 1

Can anyone onboard tell me the times for the shows? On the “S” class ships , they are generally at 7 & 9. Not knowing about set dining being done away with, 😖😖, and the wait times, planing for the shows could be an issue.

Many thanks in advance! 

Thank you for the photos of Bermuda. I sailed on the Nordic Prince to Bermuda for my honeymoon 32 years ago. We docked in St Georges for one day and then on Front Street for a few days. The photos bring back great memories. 🙂

1 hour ago, bandp407 said:

Can anyone onboard tell me the times for the shows? On the “S” class ships , they are generally at 7 & 9. Not knowing about set dining being done away with, 😖😖, and the wait times, planing for the shows could be an issue.

Many thanks in advance! 

7 & 9

DragonOfTheSeas,

We are also on board in an ocean view accessible cabin in the front of deck 9(supper large room).

(Was your Mardi Gras cruise on the Equinox - we were also on board)

Our booking was fixed dining and it wasn’t till we went to the desk at the Cosmopolitan to find out which dining room, that we were informed no more fixed dining. Celebrity must have forgot to mention that?

Though our experience for the past two night was a pleasant surprise. Expecting a line and wait we went to the Normandie at 8 and found no line and no wait, and immediately were seated. Last night we went to Tuscan at 7 and it was ditto.

Hal

1 minute ago, HS2BS said:

DragonOfTheSeas,

We are also on board in an ocean view accessible cabin in the front of deck 9(supper large room).

Our booking was fixed dining and it wasn’t till we went to the desk at the Cosmopolitan to find out which dining room, that we were informed no more fixed dining. Celebrity must have forgot to mention that?

Though our experience for the past two night was a pleasant surprise. Expecting a line and wait we went to the Normandie at 8 and found no line and no wait, and immediately were seated. Last night we went to Tuscan at 7 and it was ditto.

Hal

We were in the HC on the Apex , nice cabin, but strange how far the cabin is from the elevator considering it is a HC cabin

8 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Many thanks in advance! 

They have been 7 and 9 for the last couple of days. 

6 hours ago, HS2BS said:

DragonOfTheSeas,

Hal

Yes, our Mardi Gras cruise was on the Equinox.  What a fun cruise!

We have not had too much trouble getting into dinner, either.  We shared a table to get into Cyprus around 6 the first night.  We got into cosmopolitan with only a 10-minute wait on night two.  Tonight, we had a pager and a 15-minute wait at Tuscan around 6:54. However, we finished around 8:15 and half the tables were empty. 

It seems to be working.  

The crew manning the desk says to come early to get a table.  However, it seems there is more availability later in the evening.  YMMV

• Like 1

Just now, bandp407 said:

Thanks much! How have the wait times been for dinner?

So sorry Dragon of the Sea- I just saw your previous post

13 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

They have been 7 and 9 for the last couple of days. 

so sorry for asking about the dining times. I just saw your previous post. 
Have a great cruise!

11 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I got this in my cabin on the day we boarded. 

image5.jpeg.52d57a6154e0f41539693118a6f793b5.jpeg

There was no explanation.  I was lucky that I had read about these on another thread. Effy gives out a free mini charm that fits inside the glass circle. I went there before dinner and they gave me this list below and my first charm.  I missed the one for embarkation day. I will try to get the rest.

There were a couple of other women that got the list with the necklace. 

list.jpg.cd3712bcdb9b67a05a75cdc9c7c36515.jpg

The jewelry stores onboard are always pricey--but, these are crazy pricey!

effy.jpg.ccc6ed38e4ea9ca9952557b22c7e6c9d.jpg

egg.jpg.111d446f979c2fc6af02e79ae4e6f432.jpg

Thanks for letting me know about the necklace and the purpose of it. I received one on the Equinox last month and had no clue that I could have collected mini charms to go inside it. I would have loved that since I was celebrating my birthday on the cruise.  Looking forward to seeing all the mini charms that you are collecting. 

7 hours ago, HS2BS said:

DragonOfTheSeas,

Hal

My husband/I have a forward accessible cabin on the Beyond next year.  Do you hear any noise when docking/anchoring and can you store your luggage under the bed?  Thanks so much for your help and enjoy your cruise.  

7 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

My husband/I have a forward accessible cabin on the Beyond next year.  Do you hear any noise when docking/anchoring and can you store your luggage under the bed?  Thanks so much for your help and enjoy your cruise.  

we were on the Apex TA in a HC cabin , never heard any noise 
Cases can fit under the bed ,

58AC88DB-5911-4FF8-8D3B-30E5084BEAD0.jpeg