2024-25 Cruises

Host Sharon

32 minutes ago, mrbluesea said:

It was an online agency which had a human interface who I spoke to to agree the pre release price (should they secure the suite on release date).

Fair enough.  The question remains - why did the agency not book the suite for you ?

13 hours ago, Otter18 said:

I'm not advocating that people should book early, but this is my own experience. I was curious about the change in price of my previously preregistered cruises, and the actual price today. R217 has virtually doubled in price. J301 is now sold out, but the price did increase before becoming unavailable. R320 is £500pp more for a lower grade cabin but there is more OBC. R401 again more expensive for a lower grade cabin but loads more OBC. All of these are select fares after shopping around. So for me, right now, I haven't lost out by booking early on any of these cruises, in fact I would say I got the best deal on these particular cruises. Having said that, if you want the cruise, and happy to pay the price, then don't be put off if the price drops. It's swings and roundabouts. Sometimes you win.

I know exactly where you are coming from. R319 is showing standard balcony cabins at £8218 per cabin.. no choice of cabin, even with a select fare, which means there aren't many left. . I booked a deluxe balcony on launch ..price a smidgin over £5200.  No deluxe balconies left. A mid -aft inside cabin is currently on sale at £5298. I know, its Aurora, but its still a year out…I am happy …

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:33 AM, Host Sharon said:

Normally, with bookings opened yesterday for the next tranche of cruises up to 2025, there is a post filled with discussion over which cruises have been booked and the pros and cons of particular cabins. This time - nothing, zilch!  Is that telling of the direction P&O is taking with its new ships and increased capacity or of the uncertainties of the cruise industry in general?

Far too early to book for 2025, I have no idea what my personal circumstances will be so far ahead. I have a suspicion that P&O are trying to bounce their customers into booking before the opposition gets their brochures out, and I decline to be bounced. In particular I would like to see what Saga are offering and their 2024 brochure is not yet publically available, let alone their 2025. I will bide my time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We booked early to get on the February half term Caribbean cruise. Lucky we did as all the 4 berth inside cabins are now sold out.

We tried to book premium economy but they are now £500 per person so that ruled us out ☹️ that’s jumped up a lot since we last flew premium in 2017.

We paid £440 pp for PE for our Caribbean flights for December 2023.

I presume the PE supplement may alter depending on demand. So, half term flights will command a higher supplement.

38 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

We booked early to get on the February half term Caribbean cruise. Lucky we did as all the 4 berth inside cabins are now sold out.

We tried to book premium economy but they are now £500 per person so that ruled us out ☹️ that’s jumped up a lot since we last flew premium in 2017.

Which date and ship is that please?  I have no children so no idea when half term is!

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

We paid £399 each plus £76 each to reserve the seats - total £475pp for our December Christmas cruise this year.  I've not priced for 2023.

Yes, according to our TA £399 was the standard price for this year, but next year, the price is £439  - not sure of the exact price increase date.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

We paid £440 pp for PE for our Caribbean flights for December 2023.

I presume the PE supplement may alter depending on demand. So, half term flights will command a higher supplement.

I didn’t realise the price altered depending on demand. That’s good to know for the future. We assumed it would be £349 pp extra which they were charging for half term next year. We paid £249 pp extra for our Caribbean 2017 cruise.

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Which date and ship is that please?  I have no children so no idea when half term is!

Unfortunately half term for Hampshire hasn’t officially been confirmed yet 🙈 I managed to find a couple of schools in our county who have said that half term is the 15th until the 22nd of February 2025 so I have gone with that and hoping for the best. If I’m wrong I’ll have to pay the extra to move it.

23 minutes ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

I didn’t realise the price altered depending on demand. That’s good to know for the future.

To be fair,  that was just my assumption. I could think of no other reason why you should be quoted more than the price I have booked at.

I'm glad I've not booked anything for 2024.  I've just had an email from Celebrity to say Apex is going to be based in Southampton from May 2024 and on sale from next month  Now that's me very much looking elsewhere ... those cynics that said P&O were rushing everyone might actually have been on the right track this time.

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I'm glad I've not booked anything for 2024.  I've just had an email from Celebrity to say Apex is going to be based in Southampton from May 2024 and on sale from next month  Now that's me very much looking elsewhere ... those cynics that said P&O were rushing everyone might actually have been on the right track this time.

Hi Megabear.  I appreciate that this is a P&O forum but in the interests of comparison what are the usps of the apex class.   I think I saw one in Civitavecchia when we were there. Not a looker imo but Is food / accom great.  Or do you need to spend big for class distinctions to get these and end up paying more than for a Seabourn one.  Genuinely interested 

26 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Hi Megabear.  I appreciate that this is a P&O forum but in the interests of comparison what are the usps of the apex class.   I think I saw one in Civitavecchia when we were there. Not a looker imo but Is food / accom great.  Or do you need to spend big for class distinctions to get these and end up paying more than for a Seabourn one.  Genuinely interested 

We absolutely loved the Edge class.  Didn't have one of the infinity balconies but one of the real balconies (sunset view).  The ship is ultra modern, very glossy. The MDRs (4) are all themed meaning you can eat Greek one night, French the next, steak another and Italian another.  We had the premium drinks package as an upgrade for having this cabin so can't comment price wise.  Like all American lines PAYG for drinks is expensive.  We also used OBC to buy the prrmium dining, we had the 5 meals package and all four restaurants offered superb and unique food - I particularly loved Eden and Le Petit which is an interactive computerised experience.

The whole experience feels classy. Still get night turn down and chocolate (yes, I know, I know).

Our overall fly cruise package was around £400pp dearer than using Azura during the summer and £250 more than my Regal Princess cruise in July which was a very similar itinerary.  The Edge was all inclusive as was Regal, so not much difference for what we got.

You can of course spend a fortune.  The only "complaint" I'd make is that there are no outside front public areas as the suite area takes the front upper deck.  It didn't spoil anything for us but I am an ardent loyal Cunard cruiser so am used to some areas not being available to all.  Think Retreat with it's own swimming pool for the area I refer to.

I waxed lyrical at the time about the tender experience, I still love it and can't wait to go again!

Yes, from outside they look odd, but everything about the ship inside has the wow factor.  Absolutely no hesitation in saying it's an amazing experience and if there are to be UK sailings it will very much be my new choice alongside the Queens.  I stick with P&O for my Caribbean trips but the itineraries out of Southampton are becoming much the same and sad to say don't excite.  If the Apex one's are samey the ship will certainly draw me to her over the offerings on Britannia, Arvia and Ventura.  Not elegant like the Queens but certainly lots of excitement and modern glamour.

As you can tell I'm over excited at this news!!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

I tried to book G506, Iona, a 4 day cruise to Belgium and France in 2025. But the Online agency that us US peeps are made to use did not have the booking yet for that cruise. I will wait for a call back that they have spoken to P&O.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, Mysticalmother said:

I know exactly where you are coming from. R319 is showing standard balcony cabins at £8218 per cabin.. no choice of cabin, even with a select fare, which means there aren't many left. . I booked a deluxe balcony on launch ..price a smidgin over £5200.  No deluxe balconies left. A mid -aft inside cabin is currently on sale at £5298. I know, its Aurora, but its still a year out…I am happy …

|Yes we booked R319 at £3570 per cabin for a mid/forward inside, so pretty happy with that.