Dining changes

MeganGC1983

8 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

Looks like they raised the price of a 12 pack of bottled water. I had 2 packs in my cart and now its shows for 2 packs costing $19.90.....almost $10 a pack....ouch.

$0.83 per bottle is still a lot cheaper than theme parks and other entertainment venues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NanoGirl21 said:

$0.83 per bottle is still a lot cheaper than theme parks and other entertainment venues. 

True but I believe it was $5.95 a month ago on my last cruise. Thats a pretty big hike in price for bottled water.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

Looks like they raised the price of a 12 pack of bottled water. I had 2 packs in my cart and now its shows for 2 packs costing $19.90.....almost $10 a pack....ouch.

Yikes!  Glad I went ahead and ordered the bottled water for our December cruise last week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, yamsi12 said:

Yikes, on the 18th of this month I paid $5.85 per 12-pack. That's a huge leap to $9.95 per 12 - pack which is the listed price now.

• Like 3

I just found my receipt for a 24 pack of water on Carnival in 2014.  It was $24, so higher than the new prices now (not that I like the new price).  I believe the prices went down when the rule not allowing bottled drinks to be brought onboard was established.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, twentypearls said:

The email said they would honor the price as of today for the specialty restaurants, but my Celebration cruise Steakhouse has already had the increase. Guess they’re not honoring the price if you haven’t bought it by now.

I was able to purchase ours today for a March 2023 cruise on Celebration.

• Like 2

I'm a good eater but even with smaller portions last month on the Sunshine I had a hard time getting through my meal of one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert. (or it could have been all the bread along with it!) I appreciate the smaller portion sizes. Definitely don't need a second or third entree.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, twentypearls said:

The email said they would honor the price as of today for the specialty restaurants, but my Celebration cruise Steakhouse has already had the increase. Guess they’re not honoring the price if you haven’t bought it by now.

I am seeing the increased price for our cruise on Horizon in January too. Seems like they aren't honoring new purchases today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, da_v said:

From a quick search it seems that the steakhouse is still less than other lines (not sure on quality as I have only sailed Carnival) but its a good experience. 

I don't think I have ever ordered 2 entree's yet alone wanting 3, having a charge almost seems reasonable. 

The hours on the ice cream stations seems to be a little restrictive. I can understand over night but 11am starts seem late. Maybe 10-1 would be a better time frame but that is just me being picky... 

I'm researching my first Princess Cruise for Thanksgiving weekend. The Crown Grill (steakhouse) is $29/pp.

I gave Carnival two chances on their steakhouse - both were disappointing. They won't fool me again.

• Like 3

I'm fine with all of these changes with the exception of the ice cream. I don't eat soft serve and think the machine is kind of gross... however,  so many people love 24 hour ice cream on a cruise. Soft serve is relatively inexpensive and it seems to me this is a stingy cost cutting grab. 

As for the $5 third entree in the dining room... bring it on. No one needs three entrees, if you want to eat more than 2 entrees you should have to pay for it and $5 is a small price to pay.

The Steakhouse price increase is annoying but its still far less than what you'd pay on land and less than the cost of Steakhouse specialty restaurants on other lines so one can't really complain. 

As such, I'm not losing any sleep over the changes.  I have a feeling that 24 hour ice cream will be back by spring because people are gonna complain ad nauseum about that... kids are gonna be heartbroken. 

• Like 3

Just now, WKUTopperFan said:

As for the $5 third entree in the dining room... bring it on. No one needs three entrees, if you want to eat more than 2 entrees you should have to pay for it and $5 is a small price to pay.

Big eaters will avoid the $5 charge by having their third entrée in the lido buffet.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

I am seeing the increased price for our cruise on Horizon in January too. Seems like they aren't honoring new purchases today.

same thing for me for all of my 3 cruises in 2023. In the email it say they are suppose to honor the old rate unless you have to book it before today which is confusing

• For sailings January 1, 2023 and onward – Specialty dining reservations already paid as of today’s date will be honored at the current rate.  
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Big eaters will avoid the $5 charge by having their third entrée in the lido buffet.

I still think its about lobster. Many brag, hey I ate 8 lobsters. Cant get lobster in the buffet. 

I think they want to cut down on lobster costs. .. not that many order 3 entrees other nights,  just lobster  night 

• Like 3

Do y'all not get out ever? $48 for a full steakhouse dinner (appetizers, steak, dessert) is such a great value. I've been to steakhouses were a single steak is more than that. The quality in the steakhouse is actually good, especially when compared to the MDR. If you're a family of 4, you're only paying $24 more dollars total for a full steakhouse meal. Not that much really.

Also, can y'all please find some actual good lobster and stop obsessing over the rubber that Carnival claims is lobster. 

All of these changes are pretty common sense when you stop and think about how much food and money is wasted every week. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1