Live from Silhouette Nov 7 2022—have questions? Ask away

cruisestitch

Boarding at noon went incredibly smoothly.  

136 people didn’t/wouldn’t check in at muster stations.  I hope they were found and put off the ship.

we change the clocks tonight….ugh…..I guess we will be on Atlantic time for the entire cruise

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

136 people didn’t/wouldn’t check in at muster stations.  I hope they were found and put off the ship.

Wow! That's quite a lot! 

I'm with you...put 'em off. If they can't even obey that rule, it's a cinch they won't obey others.

Have a great cruise!!

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s always interesting when they back the ship into the dock.. We did that this morning in Puerto Plata Dominican Republic

I'm anxious to hear about this port.  My understanding is there is a beautiful resort close to the port.  You are able to use the pool and other facilities with no fee...except for purchasing a drink.

I’m looking forward to following along as well, looking at the same itinerary in Feb. What kind of cabin are you sailing in? Also interested to hear what you did in DR today. Have fun! We love the Silhouette…extra dining options without the extra passenger load of Reflection. 

On 11/8/2022 at 8:20 AM, upwarduk said:

I just want to sail on Silhouette one last time in 2023. After that she will no longer be sailing from Southampton.

Do you know where she'll be sailing from after that? Really love that ship!!

Following along this thread as we are doing the same itinerary in February.

What nights are the formal nights?

Was there prime rib on the first night?

Any idea how many guests on board and does it feel full?

Edited by KatieDub

Thank you for doing this report.  We will boarding in December.  Can you please comment on the availability of wines?  When I was onboard the Millennium back in May, I had upgraded to the premium drink package only to be disappointed by the lack of wine choices.  They were out of nearly everything on the menu!

Just wondering if it will be worth our while to upgrade on the Silhouette.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, KatieDub said:

Following along this thread as we are doing the same itinerary in February.

What nights are the formal nights?

There are no formal nights per se. The evening elegant chic nights are night 2 and night 9

Was there prime rib on the first night? I don’t believe so

1 hour ago, KatieDub said:

Any idea how many guests on board and does it feel full? It does feel full

38 minutes ago, PaulaW said:

Thank you for doing this report.  We will boarding in December.  Can you please comment on the availability of wines?  When I was onboard the Millennium back in May, I had upgraded to the premium drink package only to be disappointed by the lack of wine choices.  They were out of nearly everything on the menu!

Just wondering if it will be worth our while to upgrade on the Silhouette.

Thank you!

It’s very hard to answer that. A couple of favorite ones are not available, including Roxanne which is only served in Tuscan grill. They are apparently out of it and have been for about a year.

I can’t imagine that upgrading just to be able to buy premium wines makes much sense. Wouldn’t you be better off just paying the up charge on a class by glass basis for a couple of glasses of wine each night?