Harmony Coast Guard Inspection 11/12/22

RJ257

I'm sailing on Harmony tomorrow 11/12,  live close so drive and park at the port. They have their annual Coast Guard Inspection tomorrow. Does the inspection have a tendency to slow down boarding times? I have a 12:30 time slot but could easily leave later and arrive at 1:30.

Delays probably for us as well tomorrow. 

On Wonder now, which is replacing Harmony in PC.  Will be coming from Europe, so indeed a lot of inspections for this ship, which have already been in abundance in all areas....especially USDA and drill practice.  

Since Wonder is coming to PC for the first time, I am guessing that will add to the delays.  Luckily no flights to worry about for us.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RJ257 said:

Does the inspection have a tendency to slow down boarding times?

The main delay determinate is whether the crew show sufficient knowledge, skill, and conviction during the crew fire and boat drill.  At any time, the USCG inspectors can stop the drill, and have it restarted from the beginning, perhaps with a different scenario.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Has been a good four weeks.  Will miss the crew we have become fond of...but we are already book again for next year.  🙂 

We are on Wonder for two weeks in January. Looking forward to trying out the new sun deck.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We are on Wonder for two weeks in January. Looking forward to trying out the new sun deck.

Bucky is up there right now...a spot in the sun, reading his book.  Me...I stay out of the sun, (been cut on too many times 😞 )...but enjoying catching up on CC while he is playing "sun lizard" and about  ready to settle into the cabin here to read my book now.  🙂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bucky is up there right now...a spot in the sun, reading his book.  Me...I stay out of the sun, (been cut on too many times 😞 )...but enjoying catching up on CC while he is playing "sun lizard" and about  ready to settle into the cabin here to read my book now.  🙂 

Are there no shady spots at all up there? (Yes, I'm lazy and June is too far away for me to have fully looked at Wonder; it will just make the wait feel longer.) On Harmony we used the cabanas for shade although it was pretty darn hot up there.

I don't do the sun either, wife can handle limited amounts, so we usually find a solarium spot (suite deck not usually an option as you know) where I'm fully shaded and she can spend a bit of time in the sun (although she was content in the shade on Indy).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Are there no shady spots at all up there? (Yes, I'm lazy and June is too far away for me to have fully looked at Wonder; it will just make the wait feel longer.) On Harmony we used the cabanas for shade although it was pretty darn hot up there.

I don't do the sun either, wife can handle limited amounts, so we usually find a solarium spot (suite deck not usually an option as you know) where I'm fully shaded and she can spend a bit of time in the sun (although she was content in the shade on Indy).

Oh I am sure there are shady spots...I just don't need to search them out.  😉 

We're on this sailing, arrived at 1pm, no lines, went right aboard. Were in the diamond lounge for a couple hours, Coast Guard and a couple officers came in and the officers were explaining what the space was used for, "people who cruise a lot", we decided to wave at them and got a chuckle 😉