Gary Barlow

binman2

The show was entry by donating £10 for each passenger on the invitation per cabin if you wanted to enter.The money was taken direct from your card you registered and if you were lucky you won the tickets and werecplaced in your cabin a few days before the show .There were 2 shows 8 pm and 10 pm hope that helps 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, binman2 said:

The show was entry by donating £10 for each passenger on the invitation per cabin if you wanted to enter.The money was taken direct from your card you registered and if you were lucky you won the tickets and werecplaced in your cabin a few days before the show .There were 2 shows 8 pm and 10 pm hope that helps 

So those who didn’t ‘win’ tickets essentially paid £10 each not to see Gary Barlow? Some would see that as a bargain win win situation (but certainly not me)🥴

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, binman2 said:

You say 'donating'. Does that mean the money went to charity? I would be very unhappy if I didn't win and the money went to P&O.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, happy v said:

For such a good charity I would buy tickets. If it had just been, you may win, you may not I wouldn't have bothered 

Same here. There seems to be a nose in the air attitude by some...simple if you don't want to donate the £10 to the children's charity, or see Gary Barlow,  don't buy raffle tickets.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

So those who didn’t ‘win’ tickets essentially paid £10 each not to see Gary Barlow? Some would see that as a bargain win win situation (but certainly not me)🥴

If they didn't win they gave £10 to 2 children's charities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

You say 'donating'. Does that mean the money went to charity? I would be very unhappy if I didn't win and the money went to P&O.

On his previous appearance earlier this month it raised over £21,000. 

I thought he would turn up and sing a few songs with the usual theatre band, but it was himself and his 8 piece band doing a shortened version of his usual touring show. 

I'm not a fan but have to say it was very good.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Somerset Cruiser said:

On his previous appearance earlier this month it raised over £21,000. 

I thought he would turn up and sing a few songs with the usual theatre band, but it was himself and his 8 piece band doing a shortened version of his usual touring show. 

I'm not a fan but have to say it was very good.  

He appearing at the Savoy theatre in London next week £95 a head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tony1878 said:

Hi Neecy1,

How did you get tickets?

Was it a lottery by cabin, or do you queue up, first come first served?

Or is a paid show?

thanks

As others have said it was a raffle for charity at £10 a ticket. It was excellent. We arrived early and got great seats. He's doing a talk in the theatre this afternoon with Ollie Smith about wine too but not going to that as not my thing

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Looks like he is also having a talk with Ollie and Jose person today about wine too. I thought he would have gotten off already. 

can’t say I’m that bothered about Gary Barlow. Wasn’t my era really. 

Nor mine. Jules Holland and his band on my 2/23 Saga cruise are more to my taste. But using his appearance to raise money for charity is a worthy idea and I would probably have contributed had I been onboard even though I did not particularly want to see him - if that makes sense!

Unless I am wrong is it right that you pay £10 per person for a raffle ticket and if you are lucky to be selected you go and see the show and if you dont it goes to the 2 very good charities. What happens if a couple pay £20 for their raffle tickets and only one gets drawn out you could have a situation where one goes and one doesn't.

Edited by majortom10

44 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Unless I am wrong is it right that you pay £10 per person for a raffle ticket and if you are lucky to be selected you go and see the show and if you dont it goes to the 2 very good charities. What happens if a couple pay £20 for their raffle tickets and only one gets drawn out you could have a situation where one goes and one doesn't.

From what I have read elsewhere, if one of you win, you both win and receive two tickets.

If you entered the raffle, everyone in the cabin would "win" a ticket. If you were travelling as a group in different cabins, you entered each name and cabin number on the form and submitted that. I joined up with three other solo passengers so we were able to go together on the last cruise. 

The money went to Child Bereavement UK (Gary's charity) and Teenage Cancer Trust (P&O's chosen charity). 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Denarius said:

Nor mine. Jules Holland and his band on my 2/23 Saga cruise are more to my taste. But using his appearance to raise money for charity is a worthy idea and I would probably have contributed had I been onboard even though I did not particularly want to see him - if that makes sense!

Yes it makes sense! I would probably have done the same thing but wouldn’t have been bothered about ‘winning’. 

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

From what I have read elsewhere, if one of you win, you both win and receive two tickets.

When booking shows you do it by cabin and book(or more) for both persons.

18 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Looks like he is also having a talk with Ollie and Jose person today about wine too. I thought he would have gotten off already. 

can’t say I’m that bothered about Gary Barlow. Wasn’t my era really. 

Same here, can’t stand him, very much overrated.

• Like 1