Best cocktails on a Princess cruise?

cathj003

I don't drink much at all unless it's free or I have the beverage package then it's glug, glug, glug. I don't know drinks either, so often times when I'm at the bar and about to order I might see someone walk away with what looked like something I'd like to try and then I go ahead and order the same drink. On a recent cruise I ordered a Blue Hawaii (or Hawaiian?) and it sent me to heaven. The one I got had coconut pieces around the rim which made it taste and smell fabulous. Not only is a Blue Hawaii highly potable but it's nice to just look and the name is simply romantic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not unique to Princess, but one cruise I chose to use my one and only drink coupon on a mojito and it was well worth it.  Another time I read bar menus all over the ship and chose something with raspberry puree from the bar by the International Cafe.  It was delicious and attracted all sorts of unwanted attention from everyone walking past me in the piazza wondering what it was.  Looking at recent menus, I don’t see anything similar.  My theory was to pick something with a real food ingredient.  Not a cocktail, but if you order a glass of wine at vines, they offer you tapas, which is fun.

10 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

I found Rum Cake Martini listed as a drink on NCL. A photo of their drink menu said "Pyrat XO reserve dark rum/ Godiva dark liqueur/ Chambord/ fresh cream".  You can always ask your bartender to try & make it for you.  Good luck!

Thank-You!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, cathj003 said:

I would love to hear about your favorite cocktails on board. We will be on the Regal Princess in 2023 and I got the beverage package. I am excited to try some new drinks!

I honestly think the best drinks on board the Regal were in the Good Spirits Bar. Expecially with Mark Anthony and Christian behind the bar. 

8 hours ago, bhawks9 said:

24 Karat Margarita!   Alberto on the CB made them best!

I like the 24K Gold Margarita (although it's a bit on the sweet side) but never order it "frozen". I have no need for a ton of ice. I also order it in a "rocks" glass (hate Margarita glasses) and specify "no salt". Great drink if you like them a bit sweet.

I tend to drink Bulleit - double, straight up. It's easy for the bartenders, I like it, and I can see that I'm actually getting a double. On our cruise in DecemberI walked toward the Good Spirits bar and a bartender - who wasn't near a terminal and didn't have a handheld device that would show my name and picture - said, "Mister Michael! Bulleit?" with a big grin. He remembered me from our cruise in May on a different ship. Other than the 24K Gold Margarita and Bulleit I tend to have the occasional Chairman of the Board or one of several brands of Scotch - double, straight up of course.

My wife tends to drink Lemon Drop Martinis. On our last cruise she tried a couple of the really sweet "martinis" (Princess seems to call anything in a martini glass a "martini") but found them overly sweet to have more than once. She tried the Milky Way Martini and the Bailey's Raspberry Martini (it was something like that) at Crooner's. She said they were quite tasty but once was enough.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/13/2022 at 6:44 PM, HikaruTsuki said:

I second the Beverly Hills Iced Tea recommendation. It's so good and I have very fond (albeit hazy) memories of getting absolutely obliterated by them. LOL 

The problem is they are light, delicious and don't taste as strong as they are. I would never knock back 4 Manhattans in an hour but these suckers go down like lemonade. Thank God the medallion ap could tell me where I was because after 4 in a couple hours I had no idea! 

• Haha 2

Is the menu at Good Spirits the same across all ships?  I was on the Sky in February and the drinks were based mostly on the Caribbean islands.  I thought maybe the drinks change depending on where your ship was going.  That being said, I had a Great Pumpkin and it's one of the best cocktails I've had.  If I can have that again on my Alaska cruise I will be a happy happy cruiser!1B0A970E-6CD8-49FD-94FE-F9F7DE29A599.thumb.jpeg.358c07141f0af272149990191fdf4c09.jpeg