When using Royal's Air2Sea, when do they add on the baggage fees.

Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Right now I have  non-stop flights reserved but don't see anywhere where you add the bags you are taking? When is that added on?

It depends on the fare booked - many of their fares include bags. If there's any fees for bags, that would probably be at check in between you and the airline.

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It depends on the fare booked - many of their fares include bags. If there's any fees for bags, that would probably be at check in between you and the airline.

It says this at bottom of confirmation email:   Also said if I cancel by July 9th, there is no  cancel fee, if I cancel after that date there is a $200 per person cancel fee. I guess when checking bags that is when I will have to hand over credit card to pay fee for the bags for each flight at check in at the airport times.

You have purchased REFUNDABLE WITH FEE airline tickets through our Air2Sea program, please note that airline cancellation penalties may apply. If you have any questions regarding our airfare refund policy please contact the Air2Sea Support Desk at 800-533-7803. If you are unable to travel, the itinerary must be canceled before the departure time of your first flight, or the next flight if you have already flown the first flight. Failure to cancel in advance will result in a loss of the entire ticket value. 

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

You pay baggage fees when you check in for your flight. 

At Airport ? or night before(24 hours) before flight  when you check in online?

Guess you have to wait until check in time also to pick your seats (Economy)

Charlotte to San Diego

Tampa to Charlotte

Edited by Jimbo

For our January trip, Air2Sea had it scheduled to issue the tickets about 3 weeks after booking but I phoned and requested early ticketing, which they accommodated.  Once the airline tickets were issued, we were able to go on AA website to assign seats.  I expect when we check in to pay for bags.

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

At Airport ? or night before(24 hours) before flight  when you check in online?

Guess you have to wait until check in time also to pick your seats (Economy)

Charlotte to San Diego

Tampa to Charlotte

We always call the airline direct after air2sea booking and are able to pick seats..

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We always call the airline direct after air2sea booking and are able to pick seats..

Was hoping i could just go on the American Airlines site and just put in ticket locator and pick seats that way.............Not sure if that will work or not.......Waiting a little bit before trying since I just made the reservation yesterday.

46 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Was hoping i could just go on the American Airlines site and just put in ticket locator and pick seats that way.............Not sure if that will work or not.......Waiting a little bit before trying since I just made the reservation yesterday.

Yes, you can see your reservation in your AA account, however if the reservation isn't yet ticketed, you may not be able to pick seats yourself. You'd have to have Air2Sea do it.

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, you can see your reservation in your AA account, however if the reservation isn't yet ticketed, you may not be able to pick seats yourself. You'd have to have Air2Sea do it.

Not understanding what you are saying that I put in bold in your comment. I did this reservation through Air2Sea.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Air2Sea doesn't necessarily pick seats for you. I've had some agents ask what seat and I've had some just pick random seats.

I made the reservation online(Air2Sea site for Royal)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I made the reservation online(Air2Sea site for Royal)

Then you may not have any seats selected.  I assume you have the AA confirmation number (Air2Sea will have its own, too), then  you can go add it to your AA.com profile ( it won't be there by default)

You need to call A2S and have them pick a seat. Usually, for American Airlines, they (Air2Sea) don’t actually buy the ticket until you’ve paid on final payment date so you can’t access AA’s website to pick, change or upgrade seats until then. 

You can go ahead and pay your airfare before final payment date and have immediate access.  

Edited by HicksRA

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You won't be able to pick your seats on the website until the reservation is ticketed.  Air2sea can pick seats now but if you want to move them, you cannot do so until the reservation is ticketed.  Just went through this on my RCCL Alaskan cruise in May 2022 and via Celebrity for my February 2023 sailing.  I couldn't have access to handle my booking on aa.com website or app until cruise was paid in full and reservation was ticketed.  I had to call Air2Sea to ticket the reservation for AA.com.  Once done, I can manage my reservation as I prefer rather than sit on hold with American or wait for a call back.  Hope this makes sense.

59 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You won't be able to pick your seats on the website until the reservation is ticketed.  Air2sea can pick seats now but if you want to move them, you cannot do so until the reservation is ticketed.  Just went through this on my RCCL Alaskan cruise in May 2022 and via Celebrity for my February 2023 sailing.  I couldn't have access to handle my booking on aa.com website or app until cruise was paid in full and reservation was ticketed.  I had to call Air2Sea to ticket the reservation for AA.com.  Once done, I can manage my reservation as I prefer rather than sit on hold with American or wait for a call back.  Hope this makes sense.

So can you or can't you call Air2Sea right now before final payment to pick your seats? 

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So can you or can't you call Air2Sea right now before final payment to pick your seats? 

You can.  However, if you want to go in and move the seat ON YOUR OWN on the app or website, the reservation must be ticketed.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Re. Baggage. 

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/optional-service-fees.jsp

Or fly business/first class with free luggage, free cocktails, free meal/snacks and much nicer seats.

Re. Seats, we have made our seat selections thru air2sea.  Then once final payment is made we input the aa confirmation number into our accounts set up on the AA app to receive alerts and easy access for online checkin when within 24 hrs of your flight.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...