Return to the Reflection

Plato123

We are just off our Caribbean cruise on the Reflection on Sunday, our first back on Reflection since the last Mardi Gras.

Our RS was in near perfect shape and service was outstanding.  Many public areas have been refreshed with new furniture or reupholstered furniture.

Our last cruise was on the Eclipse in August and the ship was showing a lot of wear and tear in comparison.  Even musty in spots.

Food was very good on the Reflection but with only minor changes in the menus and fewer obvious supply chain issues in terms of wines.

Not listed on the Luminae wine list were a Cakebread Pinot Noir that was outstanding and a Vilarnu Cava which seems to be available only if requested and was also available pre pandemic. We always find Cava a pleaesant change from the Cattier Champagne that is now everywhere  (snob appeal?), to the extent that you rarely see Chandon available.

Our butler Dominic was always cheerful and could not do enough for us.

Our next cruise will be on Princess as we wanted a change from Celebrity based on our Eclipse experience, but our understanding from one of the ship's officers that the Reflection would not be revolutionized for another 4 or 5 years means we will be booking onto the Reflection for mid next year.

And one last point is that we just tested again for Covid today and we are still negative.

• Like 2

We love the Silhouette and Reflection- in addition to the edge class ships.  We also stayed in a RS.  Dominic was also our butler.  We love the lawn club grill and dined their a few times- we also enjoyed the Cabana's and booked them for the sea days.

While our next three cruises are on the Apex, we will again sail on the Reflection.  My only negative comment, is that when we sailed on the Equinox in a Royal Suite , we were  both given a monogrammed bath robe to take home.  On the Reflection we were given nothing.

1 hour ago, Plato123 said:

our understanding from one of the ship's officers that the Reflection would not be revolutionized for another 4 or 5 years means we will be booking onto the Reflection for mid next year.

Kind of a strange situation when customers are eager to sail BEFORE the company "improves" the ship by Revolutionizing it.

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Kind of a strange situation when customers are eager to sail BEFORE the company "improves" the ship by Revolutionizing it.

We sail in the Retreat but are not sun lovers. Doesn't matter to us if there is a retreat sun deck or not. IMO the Reflection is in good shape so don't need to wait for the Revolution.

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

For some cruisers, Revolutionizing the ship does NOT improve the ship.  I ,for one, would be happy never to see Kelly's uncomfortable furniture again in my accommodations.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We love the Silhouette and Reflection- in addition to the edge class ships.  We also stayed in a RS.  Dominic was also our butler.  We love the lawn club grill and dined their a few times- we also enjoyed the Cabana's and booked them for the sea days.

While our next three cruises are on the Apex, we will again sail on the Reflection.  My only negative comment, is that when we sailed on the Equinox in a Royal Suite , we were  both given a monogrammed bath robe to take home.  On the Reflection we were given nothing.

We just got off Reflection Sunday also in a RS.  I asked about the pajamas as I had read the ships have changed from the robes to them.  Our steward checked and said they had no pajamas yet.  He offered us the robes.  I asked for them un-monogrammed. He left two of them a few days later.  it is unfortunate that passengers need to ask for items that should be provided.  

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, BDL said:

We just got off Reflection Sunday also in a RS.  I asked about the pajamas as I had read the ships have changed from the robes to them.  Our steward checked and said they had no pajamas yet.  He offered us the robes.  I asked for them un-monogrammed. He left two of them a few days later.  it is unfortunate that passengers need to ask for items that should be provided.  

Wait, robes aren't available to use in the room on the cruise?

You had to ask for a few robes to use while on the ship?

28 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

I was in an EV and had 2 robes in the closet for use on the ship.  The butler, on the first day, asked what size for the monogramed pj's, while I declined the monograming I did take the pj's XL...FWIW I am 5'9" 160 lbs and the pj's were way way too small, I left them in the room on the ship.  

6 hours ago, mnocket said:

The Revolution makes it more like E class and a downgrade.

Just keep everything new and fresh without the downgrade.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 3

Guest 4-2-N-8
19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I was in an EV and had 2 robes in the closet for use on the ship.  The butler, on the first day, asked what size for the monogramed pj's, while I declined the monograming I did take the pj's XL...FWIW I am 5'9" 160 lbs and the pj's were way way too small, I left them in the room on the ship.  

I didn't read anywhere that Celebrity will clothe me.

9 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

We had robes in the room for use on board.  The other set of robes are a "gift" from celebrity. Probably only for royal suite and higher guests.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Thanks for the input, Jelayne. We eat early so hoping that will help with Luminae. Also, we tend to go to the Sky Lounge for before dinner drinks, rather than Retreat Lounge. I would kind of like to experience the old Michael's Club on RF. 

• Like 1