What ship class has the best Diamond Lounge?

6 hours ago, flamingos said:

Voyager has the D Lounge on Deck 5, in the old cigar bar, with lifeboats blocking the view.  The Crown is where the suite lounge is located.

Last two cruises on Navigator the DL during HH was for pinnacles only.  Us lowley D and D+ were given the Cosmopolitan Club private party only. Much prefer deck 14 but it was very lonely every night as shown below. This was 7pm every night, bartenders only charged against the vouchers half the time. 

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.cdfd6a603c06ac79fa0e2bd2c4e2b25a.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.f513f78c8946b4535a35cc121ac2b50b.jpeg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last two cruises on Navigator the DL during HH was for pinnacles only.  Us lowley D and D+ were given the Cosmopolitan Club private party only. Much prefer deck 14 but it was very lonely every night as shown below. This was 7pm every night, bartenders only charged against the vouchers half the time. 

IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.cdfd6a603c06ac79fa0e2bd2c4e2b25a.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.f513f78c8946b4535a35cc121ac2b50b.jpeg

Our favorite cruise of all time was on the newly AMPED Navigator March 2019!  It was a 9 night Southern ABC and Labadee itinerary with amazing weather, amazing updated ship, and wonderful food and crew.  It just checked all the boxes.  Love the Viking Crown Lounge area.

Dan

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Was hoping you'd reply John with all your experience.  What makes Allure unique? (nevermind, I looked up some videos, and WOW.  What a beautiful space)

Also, if you had to pick a class of ship that, in general, has good D lounges what would that be?

Dan

Freedom.  Voyager is similar, but at least 1 doesn't have the DL in VCL

I guess Radiance is next

• Thanks 1

For us it is on Adventure due to being in VCL... so we can have prime view seats. 

Same on Enchantment... DL is not great, but we can be in VCL.

On Grandeur we loved adjacent South Pacific lounge (overflow) due to views.

Oasis does not have any windows. Anthem has some.

Since we're talking Diamond Lounge here, anyone else a little worried that D+ no longer able to use Concierge lounges?  Crowding seems to be a problem in D lounges also.  Our last 3 cruises the D lounge was really unusable (for us anyway) except for a quick grab for coffee and head on somewhere else.  If crowding was what promoted the loss of Concierge for D+, what might RCCL do for Diamond?  Is there any reason to worry?

On 12/14/2022 at 5:21 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Agree Vision is excellent.

Second about the Vision.  The fella taking care of the lounge was super [wish I had gotten his name].  But good luck on finding a seat [any Diamond lounge we've visited really].  Well...no...if the lounge is in lower decks, there doesn't seem to be as  many crowds as the lounges in upper decks [like Viking Crown etc...or even by Schooner on Vision class].  Just an observation; could just be our timing though.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, mac66 said:

Just off the Explorer. the DL was off of the Viking Crown. Very nice location on the starboard side with an outside deck overlooking the sports deck.

I am on the Explorer now and I agree, nice diamond lounge.  We were just on the Navigator last month and didn’t enjoy it at all.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:21 PM, mac66 said:

Just off the Explorer. the DL was off of the Viking Crown. Very nice location on the starboard side with a outside deck overlooking the sports deck.

I just got off her last week, by far the best lounge (other than Allure, which is going away) great spread of food, right near nightclub bar, great outdoor space overlooking sports court, etc.  Much nicer than Concierge Club or Pinnacle Smoking Lounge!

On 12/16/2022 at 6:06 PM, Biker19 said:

Search for pics/videos to get a better feeling for the space, the last of its kind on O class ships. 

I never did like that lounge.  The bottom floor was always standing room only and the upper floor seemed small and darker -- Servers almost never made it up to the second floor.