What ship class has the best Diamond Lounge?

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unique to her, but Allure.

Was hoping you'd reply John with all your experience.  What makes Allure unique? (nevermind, I looked up some videos, and WOW.  What a beautiful space)

Also, if you had to pick a class of ship that, in general, has good D lounges what would that be?

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Freedom and Voyager class? The DL is up in the crown with great ocean views. I'm sure others have that too. 

I know Anthem and Oasis the DL is down low deck, no windows on Oasis, and I remember maybe Anthem had a couple of windows viewing the life boats. Bad views.

We spent so much time in the DL on Adventure - it was the perfect get away, indoors, with great views!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unique to her, but Allure.

I agree, the view overlooking Boardwalk and a bit of the ocean/sea.  However, this will also be gone in the near future.

Haven't sailed on the Radiance class in a while.  Is the DL still by the VCL.  If so, it's an excellet one with it's view.

5 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Freedom and Voyager class? The DL is up in the crown with great ocean views. I'm sure others have that too. 

I know Anthem and Oasis the DL is down low deck, no windows on Oasis, and I remember maybe Anthem had a couple of windows viewing the life boats. Bad views.

We spent so much time in the DL on Adventure - it was the perfect get away, indoors, with great views!

Voyager has the D Lounge on Deck 5, in the old cigar bar, with lifeboats blocking the view.  The Crown is where the suite lounge is located.

I have seen the D lounges in the Viking Crown Lounge area on Voyager and Freedom class.  That is a beautiful area overlooking the pool deck, but really no different or unique than when it was all just the Viking Crown Lounge. 

We'll be Diamond after our March cruise so just trying to get a feel for what ships might draw us more or less to the Diamond lounge.  Personally I don't think we'll use them much other than perhaps a good coffee in the morning.

Dan

2 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I have seen the D lounges in the Viking Crown Lounge area on Voyager and Freedom class.  That is a beautiful area overlooking the pool deck, but really no different or unique than when it was all just the Viking Crown Lounge. 

We'll be Diamond after our March cruise so just trying to get a feel for what ships might draw us more or less to the Diamond lounge.  Personally I don't think we'll use them much other than perhaps a good coffee in the morning.

Dan

We were on the Voyager from August 28th to September September 18th.

Izumi replaced the Suite Lounge.  The Suite Lounge replaced  the Diamond Lounge.

The ship dedicated the entire Viking Crown to Pinnacles of which were less then 210 on each leg.  The DL on 5, which holds about 30,  was to accommodate over 1100 D &  D+.  It was a fiasco.  Pinnacles had to come to 5 DL to get coffee! 

The ship finally cordoned off an area in the Star lounge for D & D+, but they started the music at 5PM.  No one could carry on any type of conversation.  

As the final leg was the arctic circle, no one was outside.  All the music venues were competing with each other so no quiet location anywhere!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

We were on the Voyager from August 28th to September September 18th.

Izumi replaced the Suite Lounge.  The Suite Lounge replaced  the Diamond Lounge.

The ship dedicated the entire Viking Crown to Pinnacles of which were less then 210 on each leg.  The DL on 5, which holds about 30,  was to accommodate over 1100 D &  D+.  It was a fiasco.  Pinnacles had to come to 5 DL to get coffee! 

The ship finally cordoned off an area in the Star lounge for D & D+, but they started the music at 5PM.  No one could carry on any type of conversation.  

As the final leg was the arctic circle, no one was outside.  All the music venues were competing with each other so no quiet location anywhere!

I was only on the crossing, but my experience was the same.  Also, all the bars were packed and loud, so there really wasn't an option to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robmtx said:

Voyagers lounge is on deck 5, lousy location

• Thanks 1