Laundry

bucky21

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

No. Sorry. There is a pressing only Ship's Laundry available.

ETA: 

image.thumb.jpeg.24dc69f1b57314f14463e3432c816a24.jpeg

Not sure of the unlimited pressing cost but the unlimited laundry went up from $7/day to $9/day recently (and single stuffed bag up from $20 to $30).  Before we boarded the NS this week though, advance purchase was still at the lower price making a week $49.  Nice deal for unlimited.

• Like 1

If you just want to remove wrinkles, there is a liquid in a  small spry bottle that is supposed to do just that. 'Wrinkle Release by Downy'. Don't know how to keep a crease in, but I saw in an old movie where a man put his slacks between the mattress and the box spring overnight to keep the crease.

Edited by BobbiSox
typo
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

Not sure of the unlimited pressing cost but the unlimited laundry went up from $7/day to $9/day recently (and single stuffed bag up from $20 to $30).  Before we boarded the NS this week though, advance purchase was still at the lower price making a week $49.  Nice deal for unlimited.

This is what we did.  We pre purchased the unlimited laundry for $49- 7 days.  Our laundry came back on hangers w/o wrinkles.  Undies were folded & placed in a basket, wrapped in tissue.  This is a nice service.  I think they use a steamer to remove wrinkles.  

I also use Downy wrinkle release.  Just hang on bathroom hook & allow steam from shower release the wrinkles from packing.  

• Like 1

I love the idea of pre-paying for unlimited laundry! Not that we will have a ton, but prefer this to limit packing. Questions (1) how much fits into a bag? I’d like to put in about 4 pair of pants, a few tops, and undergarments. (2) When/how do you submit the laundry bag, and when is it returned to the cabin?  (3) How do we pre-purchase this option?   Our first HAL cruise isn’t until July/Norway, but appreciate your insights for our planning!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Learningtocruise1 said:

I love the idea of pre-paying for unlimited laundry! Not that we will have a ton, but prefer this to limit packing. Questions (1) how much fits into a bag? I’d like to put in about 4 pair of pants, a few tops, and undergarments. (2) When/how do you submit the laundry bag, and when is it returned to the cabin?  (3) How do we pre-purchase this option?   Our first HAL cruise isn’t until July/Norway, but appreciate your insights for our planning!!

The bag is large enough to hold all the.items you list. You can always get 2 bags if you want more. Even better send laundry out every day. 😊

you leave the bag in your stateroom by 9 am and usually returned in the afternoon on the next day. I have been late sometimes with no issues. 

Laundry package is available on the Cruise Personalizer webpage. Go to the Pacages and Gifts section then Packages.  Worth it in my opinion. 

Bob

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rwmiller said:

you leave the bag in your stateroom by 9 am and usually returned in the afternoon on the next day. I have been late sometimes with no issues. 

You can also leave the bag on the bed when you leave for the evening, and it will be picked up when the steward comes for turndown service. 
That, of course, presumes you have asked for evening service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Learningtocruise1 said:

Questions (1) how much fits into a bag?

B7242795-8741-4618-BB9E-E4D24710B9A7.thumb.jpeg.0e26aab9ff3354a36396717dcc28d88d.jpeg

1 t shirt

2 pair of jeans

3 pair yoga pants

2 pair athletic shorts

2 short sleeve dress shirts 

2 long sleeve dress shirts

Roll it tight!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2022 at 5:32 AM, AFNavigator said:

We are just off Rotterdam this month and the single bag was $20. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Just got off the NS.  Laundry ticket shows $30/bag, $9/day.  We still were able to book in advance for $7/day.

Normally those are European/Trans-Atlantic prices.  Was this on a North American itinerary?

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Normally those are European/Trans-Atlantic prices.  Was this on a North American itinerary?

Yes, Ft. Lauderdale to Curacao/Aruba.  Onboard prices were at the higher rate but advance purchase was still at the lower rate.  No idea how long that deal will last though.

• Thanks 1

Laundry will be picked up twice per day by your Room Steward.  It is my experience that morning laundry will be returned the evening of the same day in most cases.  Laundry turned in in the evening is usually returned by noon the next day.  During the pandemic sailings, I received a few laundry returns in four hours.

We sent out laundry about 5x over the course of 14 days.  It usually came back the next day, but sometimes it took 2 days.  If I would see our cabin steward in the hall, I would either give it to him or tell him it was in our cabin.  And yes, you can squeeze a bunch of laundry into the bag.  Pricing was at the higher rate on NS according to the sheet you fill out when sending it out, but the lower price when pre paying it.  Very nice option & worth the $30 per bag.  Make certain you fill out the sheet detailing what you have placed in the bag.  Funny tidbit:  they put a tag in all the laundry they do for you- many days or even years after a cruise I will find one of those tags in my clothing.  Reminds me of the cruise when it was put there.

• Like 2

@kazureported today while currently on the Konigsdam that the per bag price is $20/bag.  It seems HAL is switching prices back and forth.  My two cruises in September and October were $30/bag then $20/bag.  This was for Alaska, Panama Canal and Caribbean.

Edited by oakridger

On 12/17/2022 at 6:27 AM, AFNavigator said:

Just got off the NS.  Laundry ticket shows $30/bag, $9/day.  We still were able to book in advance for $7/day.

Unfortunately this doesn’t include the sheet with the prices but we paid $20 four separate times for the bag of laundry. 548CDAB9-64E1-48C2-8AF6-6258D21F9091.thumb.jpeg.c6278aa07943c484e293c3fa2a0f69cb.jpeg