New Sun Princess (Not My Princess)!?!?!

Jeter02

44 minutes ago, caribill said:

Do not on the deck plans.

Do you see 3 levels in the picture?

It's definitely 3 as shown on cruise mapper. Decks 6, 7, 8. Look at the aft you can see even the spiral staircase to access them as well. Kinda reminds me of the 2 story dinning room son HAL (from what I remember many many years ago on zuiderdam and westerdam)

I am not putting a lot of stock into these deck plans.   I think a lot is still to be worked out.

One thing I question is the location of the kids and tween areas.   Makes NO sense.  Especially right next to and at the entry to Adult areas.

I am sure there will be hits and misses.

Princess, like other companies, are good to have the 'suits' come up with some bad ideas.   (lack of Aft pool, big fountain taking up valuable deck and pool space, etc.

The change in the Buffet is not convenient for those who like to have the whole buffet available while swimming,  but I do not mind the change in the location for the buffet.   I am one where swimming, sunning, and sit down dining, do not mix.  Standard poolside fare is good enough for me.  If buffet dining is what I am wanting, then I have no problem going the Buffet for that.

There is one thing that looks to be all set that I do not like.

I just DO NOT like the whole 'theater in the round' thing at all.

Makes me wonder where Princess is going with their production shows.

For me, getting away from the setup for staged shows with sets and backdrops, into funky theater in the round productions would be a mistake.  There are other venues on the ship for entertainment, without giving up an actual traditional staged theater.

Edited by Wishing on a star

20 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Computer rendering of the Horizons multi-level Dining Room

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

It's definitely 3 as shown on cruise mapper. Decks 6, 7, 8. Look at the aft you can see even the spiral staircase to access them as well. Kinda reminds me of the 2 story dinning room son HAL (from what I remember many many years ago on zuiderdam and westerdam)

I am not talking about the deck plans which do show a 3-story restaurant.

I am talking about the above drawing which is supposedly of the restaurant, I only see two levels of seating in this picture.

It may take up three stories, but there are only two levels to eat at in the picture.

On RCI, for example, a three story restaurant has seating on three levels.

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

I am talking about the above drawing which is supposedly of the restaurant, I only see two levels of seating in this picture.

It may take up three stories, but there are only two levels to eat at in the picture.

My guess is that is indeed the three-story main dining room. And they're probably just on Deck 7 the second level and that In this particular picture it doesn't show the additional level peering down onto deck 6 Because there is no other multi-story dining room that I can see list it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I am not putting a lot of stock into these deck plans.   I think a lot is still to be worked out.

One thing I question is the location of the kids and tween areas.   Makes NO sense.  Especially right next to and at the entry to Adult areas.

I am sure there will be hits and misses.

Princess, like other companies, are good to have the 'suits' come up with some bad ideas.   (lack of Aft pool, big fountain taking up valuable deck and pool space, etc.

The change in the Buffet is not convenient for those who like to have the whole buffet available while swimming,  but I do not mind the change in the location for the buffet.   I am one where swimming, sunning, and sit down dining, do not mix.  Standard poolside fare is good enough for me.  If buffet dining is what I am wanting, then I have no problem going the Buffet for that.

There is one thing that looks to be all set that I do not like.

I just DO NOT like the whole 'theater in the round' thing at all.

Makes me wonder where Princess is going with their production shows.

For me, getting away from the setup for staged shows with sets and backdrops, into funky theater in the round productions would be a mistake.  There are other venues on the ship for entertainment, without giving up an actual traditional staged theater.

I definitely wondered about the kids center being by if I'm not mistaken the spa treatment rooms. Seems awfully silly for the location next to a place that's meant for peacefulness and relaxation

4 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I should have clarified.  They ruined the adult retreat area after the Regal.  Put cabins around it and the pool is now in a hole.  Ruined a great space.

Sailed the Sky in 2019 and we liked the pool because it was quiet, no loud music.

• Like 1

"World Fresh Market" buried on deck 9. That's a big change from the Lido Deck location. And there is no bar showing anywhere on deck 9.

On deck 8 is the "Wake View Club' and the closet bar is Crooners mid-ship in the Piazza.  That's a long walk to get a drink in your bathing suit or to wait for your drink to be delivered if ordered on the app.

I'm guessing the deck plans still needs more updating. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ldtr said:

they did enchanted, majestic, sky, etc.

basically all of the ships built after the Royal until the Sun are Royal class ships. built on the same platform. Some variations in venues, but all are Royal class ships.

I have been on each of the Royal class ships, except for Royal itself which I will be on next year. I love walking on and knowing where everything is!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Cruising on Princess used to be about a fun way to reach exotic destinations.

The Sun class is changing that to the ship being the destination.

Maybe. Although a ropes course and rollerglide  (what is this anyway, a skating rink?)  does not make it a 'destination' for me. Maybe it will free up some sun loungers!

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I should have clarified.  They ruined the adult retreat area after the Regal.  Put cabins around it and the pool is now in a hole.  Ruined a great space.

I can see both sides of it. Loved the openness of that area on Regal. But....my favorite cabins are those Sun Deck cabins on Enchanted and Sky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Maybe. Although a ropes course and rollerglide  (what is this anyway, a skating rink?)  does not make it a 'destination' for me. Maybe it will free up some sun loungers!

No just more loungers covered in bags and books for a longer time

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, memoak said:

No just more loungers covered in bags and books for a longer time

Well those loungers are REALLY going to be preoccupied with things and NOT people for even longer lengths, especially now that people will have to travel to deck 9 to get some food. 🤪🤣

Edited by Jeter02

So as we all know according to those deck plans, no food has been established on those pool decks. This is getting me extremely concerned about how I'm supposed to have my daily soft serve intake with my swirls ice cream. 🍦

• Like 3

First impression looks like a lot like the Edge-class ships from Celebrity, particularly the upgrade "Suite" sections. The Princess-style has been changing for quite some time anyway. Royal-class ships are different from the Coral/Island and the latest Royal class ships are even different from the Royal/Regal generation. 

Aside from the wood tones and atriums, basically everything else has seen significant changes. Now, the wood tones may be gone as well - everything looked grey, modern - similar to the overall feel of an Edge-class ship. Is it an innovation on Princess's part or a reaction? Kind of a big difference there. 

Safe to say that for many of us, the Princess brand is morphing into something else now. Good or bad opinions of all that are entirely up to the beholder. But, the fact is, they had to change - let's just hope they get it right but if not - no worries - there's plenty of competition out there. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

My guess is that is indeed the three-story main dining room. And they're probably just on Deck 7 the second level and that In this particular picture it doesn't show the additional level peering down onto deck 6 Because there is no other multi-story dining room that I can see list it.

Or maybe it is three levels high, but only with two levels of seating.

• Like 2

I agree with wildcat,  a pool deck should be a pool deck,  not closed in.

I have enjoyed the adult pool deck and the Sanctuary.

That change is one reason I would hesitate to book these ships that have closed it in for more cabins/passengers per square inch.

Now, the new Dome is different.  I would love to experience that before I would have an opinion.

Hopefully, this means that there will be an AFT adult pool area and Sanctuary.

Not sure how this will play out, along with the 'special access' areas.

Not sure if I will like an Aft Sanctuary (probably limited public area with side views) as much as I have enjoyed the forward Sanctuaries!

On 12/17/2022 at 3:29 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I can just imagine the noise level.  It's difficult enough to carry on a conversation on a single deck.  

We recently sailed on Celebrity’s Solstice with a 2 level main dining room & found it to be nosier on the lower level that was open to the upper level and it was more difficult to carry on a conversation.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

I believe there has to be three levels of seating areas in order to handle the passenger load.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe there has to be three levels of seating areas in order to handle the passenger load.

Especially if suites and mini suites have their own separate restaurants everyone else in the 3 story restaurant. Just how much of the ship is limited by class ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

We recently sailed on Celebrity’s Solstice with a 2 level main dining room & found it to be nosier on the lower level that was open to the upper level and it was more difficult to carry on a conversation.

I find it interesting that on the new E class Celebrity ships they have gone away from the multi story main dining room to 4 smaller one floor dining rooms and yet Princess is going in the opposite direction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1