New Sun Princess (Not My Princess)!?!?!

Jeter02

14 minutes ago, dides said:

Agree, no laundromats currently. On P&O Iona they are placed just north of the mid-ship stairs and there is free white space there on the plans.

Alfredos is on the list of food venues on the website and assuming it is on the Cruisemapper deck plans as "Pizzeria" with outdoor dining on deck 9 opposite the International Cafe.  

image.png.488673522d9566b37079878c043fbb0d.png

Cross-checked as a public venue on deck 9 in the Princess deck plans:

image.png.f5278ef8cd027299bd72af3764120fa1.png

Thanks.  I was thinking that was like the pizza normally on Lido deck because someone mentioned no food near the pool.  

14 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

It's not labeled as such, but it looks to me like there might be one midship on decks 7, 8 and 9. 

yes, assume the Piazza is that weird circular thing that appears on all those decks

image.thumb.png.3e8990947fa5ffb94347894f08aaadb1.png

image.png.4c8ceae24efefed6b785fc0354764296.png

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

This to me is the worst idea ever. They are starting a class by class differentiations. Suite passengers have their own restaurants, bar and sanctuary. Mini suites have their own restaurants. All the unblemished folk are excluded. If I wanted this I would sail Cunard

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I got an email from Princess yesterday - indeed, a 3 story dining room. Gorgeous!

Computer rendering of the Horizons multi-level Dining Room

I can just imagine the noise level.  It's difficult enough to carry on a conversation on a single deck.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

First they did away with my deck names. Something about the elevator speaking to to me in a British accent saying aloha is so welcoming and inviting. The kids club is down by the spa? What in the world is a roller glider and better yet why is there a ropes course on my ship? I like peace and quiet personally. And the confusion the buffet World fresh market being on Deck 9. I thought the point of food always being up on the top deck was for access and enjoyment while by the pool. And the grand finale question of the day... Where is my promenade on Deck 7 where I can walk around and enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean on a lounge chair, when I didn't want to sit in my own balcony???

The reason my family and I love Princess is for the familiarity and the comfort of always feeling like we're back home. And before anyone asks yes I'm a creature of habit and takes a while for me to get use to change. This is a whole other beast which I understand but definitely does not follow Princess protocol. What is everyone else's thoughts on it?

It is a whole lot easier to remember deck 1, deck 2, etc. than ALOHA, BINGO, CHARLIE , etc. as deck names.  Bottom line that why is the deck name so important.  As for the rest of the issues  I have no comment as I don't cruise Princess any longer.  I will say that there are other lines that are more peaceful and quieter than Princess although I would suspect that they are more expensive and would involve having you make a whole bunch of changes.  Maybe change is good.

DON

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, memoak said:

This to me is the worst idea ever. They are starting a class by class differentiations. Suite passengers have their own restaurants, bar and sanctuary. Mini suites have their own restaurants. All the unblemished folk are excluded. If I wanted this I would sail Cunard

Will the lifeboats be seated by class?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing a while back. Let's hope they're working on that.

I'm honestly thinking it's not that they haven't gotten around to it. Because the cabins are deck number then the cabin number so for example let's say 12224 which is typical of all these other cruise lines where they don't have deck names or letters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

So I've been recently studying my deck plans of the new Sun Princess on the cruisemapper website. Holy cow! What is this atrocity? This whole shipbuild feels more like a royal Caribbean ship then it does a Princess ship.

First they did away with my deck names. Something about the elevator speaking to to me in a British accent saying aloha is so welcoming and inviting. The kids club is down by the spa? What in the world is a roller glider and better yet why is there a ropes course on my ship? I like peace and quiet personally. And the confusion the buffet World fresh market being on Deck 9. I thought the point of food always being up on the top deck was for access and enjoyment while by the pool. And the grand finale question of the day... Where is my promenade on Deck 7 where I can walk around and enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean on a lounge chair, when I didn't want to sit in my own balcony???

The reason my family and I love Princess is for the familiarity and the comfort of always feeling like we're back home. And before anyone asks yes I'm a creature of habit and takes a while for me to get use to change. This is a whole other beast which I understand but definitely does not follow Princess protocol. What is everyone else's thoughts on it?

I will admit that was my first thought, about RCI. I like that the balcony  cabins have a seating area. I am considering giving it a chance, it will be different. I can walk the royal class ships in  my sleep, and I like that familiarity. 

26 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Will the lifeboats be seated by class?

1 hour ago, memoak said:

George Clooney GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

Is there a deckplan out there which indicates which cabins have upper berths and connecting cabins ? Cannot seem to find anything out at the moment . 

Seems odd.  Are you aware of the deck plans on Princess.com?  Presuming you know where to find them, when you look at a deck, you will see to the left you can adjust the default occupancy from ANY to 2,3,4.  There is also a check-box to select connecting rooms.  Same for all ships in the fleet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Doesn't look like a restaurant we folks in steerage will get into.  Looks like the one exclusive for Suites/Reserve.

no, it's a 3 story main dining room, according to Princess.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/su-sun-princess/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_na_otherpromotional_rf2eu012_221215_na&eccn=S3BE62NKQDUAURZKBF4YF37YXI&rrid=8579111726&mi_u=8579111726&custId=S3BE62NKQDUAURZKBF4YF37YXI&mi_ecmp=RF2EU012

Dining with a side of “wow!”

You’re gonna love Horizons Dining Room, three stories high (a first for us!) with first-class wake views, tons of natural light and an attention-commanding sculpture that stretches from Deck 6 to 8. Wow indeed.

Introducing a three-story dining room (a first for us)! This newly imagined space is open and flexible, featuring dining options to suit every mood. Stunning wake views and natural light highlight a decorative sculpture that stretches from deck 6 to deck 8. Each level offers a different dining experience  you’ll want to try them all!

• Like 1

Princess.com does not have the deck plans but has some select pictures.  After looking at the deck plans on cruisemapper I will not have to worry about ever booking this ship.  One thing I liked about Princess was that the new ships somewhat followed the design of the ones before it.  But now disaster.  All the different brands that I cruise on, the buffet and the pool are on the same deck.  Having the food 8 decks below the pool (lido) is outrageous.  Really? 

Don't forget the wonderful "ropes course" and "rollglider track" as well as lack of a sport court for pickleball and basketball.   

What is Princess smoking these days.  They are in California where pot is legal.  No and never for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, it's a 3 story main dining room, according to Princess.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/su-sun-princess/?cid=dm_email_promo_internal_na_otherpromotional_rf2eu012_221215_na&eccn=S3BE62NKQDUAURZKBF4YF37YXI&rrid=8579111726&mi_u=8579111726&custId=S3BE62NKQDUAURZKBF4YF37YXI&mi_ecmp=RF2EU012

Dining with a side of “wow!”

You’re gonna love Horizons Dining Room, three stories high (a first for us!) with first-class wake views, tons of natural light and an attention-commanding sculpture that stretches from Deck 6 to 8. Wow indeed.

Introducing a three-story dining room (a first for us)! This newly imagined space is open and flexible, featuring dining options to suit every mood. Stunning wake views and natural light highlight a decorative sculpture that stretches from deck 6 to deck 8. Each level offers a different dining experience  you’ll want to try them all!

Okay.  I see what you mean.  From that initial photo, I was thinking it was the exclusive DR which is on a higher deck aft (forget which deck and it is not identified on Princess.com deck plan).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

On the Regal now, and the Royal/Regal are by far the best layouts.  Wish they had built more than 2 of them.

they did enchanted, majestic, sky, etc.

basically all of the ships built after the Royal until the Sun are Royal class ships. built on the same platform. Some variations in venues, but all are Royal class ships.

Edited by ldtr