Suites require reservations in Oasis-class

mafig

It used to be that if you were in a suite on the Oasis-class you did not have to make reservations for the shows (with the exception of the comedy shows).

Is this still the case?

Also, do you need to make reservations for Coastal Kitchen, or just show up?

I just got off allure and they were scanning cards for pinnacles standing in line who get the same perks as suites. For the aqua show. They did have a back row roped off for seating for suites and pinnacles.

I thought suites had a concierge who booked shows, not that they didnt have to book at all. 

Edited by firefly333

I would never count on just showing up for anything.  Suites will be contacted by the concierge precruise.  I gave them all my reservation requests including which nights we wanted to eat in CK.  They sent an email back confirming what I requested.  Might not be particularly spontaneous but I knew we had what I wanted.

• Like 1

The suite concierge is supposed to contact you . If you dont hear from them call in a week prior to the cruise . They will book all shows and dining for you.

They were trying to contact me through my old work email which i had deleted  from my contact info 3 years ago . 

But i was getting daily emails from RC on my personal email, so i dont know.

There's a special seating area, but you still need reservations for a particular show for the main theater, aqua theater, ice show and comedy.  The concierge reached out to us the week before sailing with the schedule and we replied with what we wanted. Once onboard, some things changed and the Aqua show was rescheduled due to weather and the concierge worked with us to find new times.  

3 hours ago, t18c97 said:

We have a grand suite on a cruise in 3 weeks. When are they supposed to be contacting us?

The week of cruise, the onboard concierge will reach out to you. If they are good, they will also send you the show schedule for the cruise. And if you want Costal Kitchen reservations, ask as soon as possible if you want to eat at prime time. 

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You always had to have a reservation, they have to know how many to expect 

Pre-Covid Pinnacles did not need reservations for anything but the comedy club on Oasis class ships. I believe it was the same for suites but can't remember for sure.

Guest 4-2-N-8

I've got three Star Class rooms (RLS + both SLS) for my family on Harmony in a future cruise.

They tell me that for my group, they'll make happen what and when I want.

Is this a reasonable expectation or (as I've read in various threads) is service for suites hit or miss?

TY

For Sky class, they are supposed to email 5-7 days before the cruise, depending on their schedule. Basically the first day or two they’re still dealing with issues for the current cruise, then they email the next cruise people.  My wife (our primary contact) got our emails a few weeks AFTER our cruise, they got caught in spam limbo or something. Thankfully someone here posted their email address, and when she emailed them, the replies did come back correctly. Passing it forward.  OA_concierge01@rccl.com with OA being the code for Oasis. Do NOT email earlier than 1 week before your cruise, you’ll be wasting your and their time.  Enjoy!  

Star class with genies may be totally different. 

Edited by psac