Parking stations for OPT departure

Hi.

Ā 

Asking for a friend.

Ā 

They leave from OPT and there is 4 of them in their car.

There used to be an undercover parking place that shuttled you to and fro, but I think they might be out of business.

Is there anyone who has used an economical service like this recently?

They are travelling from Newcastle.

Ā 

Thanks!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

6 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Isn't there a convenient shuttle service from Newcastle to sydney cruise terminal?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.newcastleconnections.com.au/sydney-cruise-terminals/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes , and we used them in November but they didn't turn up on the return trip and we had to get the train, ok for us but they are elderly.Ā 

Ā 

Plus it would cost $760 and its a shared shuttle

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

It's $95 each one way, then return x 4. So $95 x 8 is $760.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Is there anyone who can answer my original question about the parking please?

Ā 

Ā 

No parking station that is close enough to be any more convenient than the train. There is one near the Opera House, and I can't think of anything closer.

Ā 

An option isĀ https://www.cruisecontrolaustralia.com/

They can drive to OPT, and be met by someone from Cruise Control. They will assist with luggage, then whisk the car to their garage (sorry, don't know how far away). Upon return, they will be at the terminal with their car at the nominated time.

Ā 

No personal recommendation, as we take the train down. I do have a couple of friends that use them, and they are more than happy.

Ā 

It pretty much works like cruise ship valet parking.

Edited by arxcards
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

No parking station that is close enough to be any more convenient than the train. There is one near the Opera House, and I can't think of anything closer.

Ā 

An option isĀ https://www.cruisecontrolaustralia.com/

They can drive to OPT, and be met by someone from Cruise Control. They will assist with luggage, then whisk the car to their garage (sorry, don't know how far away). Upon return, they will be at the terminal with their car at the nominated time.

Ā 

No personal recommendation, as we take the train down. I do have a couple of friends that use them, and they are more than happy.

Ā 

It pretty much works like cruise ship valet parking.

Thankyou, most helpful I will pass that on.!

There used to be a service like that near Mascot but I think they went out of business with covid.

Glad your friends recommend them, it's the luggage on the train that's the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

The Opera House (Wilson Parking) is one we have used. Or the long term car park at the airport, then train ro circular Quay (one cruise 35 days only about $200 (May have gone up that was a fe2 years back

Good suggestion. The long-term parking at the airport but I suggest a maxi taxi ride to the OPT would be way to go for four people. This would be a cost-effective option.

• Thanks 1

Ok.. there is a Wilsons car park at 155 George Steet. That is between the Four Seasons hotel and the DFS duty free store. That's about 300 meters at the mostĀ  from the cruise terminal.

Pre booked, the rates are fairly moderated. I just made a dummy booking, and for 3 days it was $106.

I was expecting way more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Good suggestion. The long-term parking at the airport but I suggest a maxi taxi ride to the OPT would be way to go for four people. This would be a cost-effective option.

Probably but usually I drop Mrs Gut Ā at our hotel so itā€™s just me on the train. On our return she sits having a coffee at a cafe, I go get the car and pick her up at the Rocks.

2 hours ago, buchhalm said:

Ok.. there is a Wilsons car park at 155 George Steet. That is between the Four Seasons hotel and the DFS duty free store. That's about 300 meters at the mostĀ  from the cruise terminal.

Pre booked, the rates are fairly moderated. I just made a dummy booking, and for 3 days it was $106.

I was expecting way more.

It's 12 days

Remember you can drop luggage off early then take the car to wherever you are going to park it. Disembarkation is a bit more of a problem as there isn't much seating outside the terminal where you can wait with bags while the car is being retrieved.

Ā 

Hmmmm - maybe I should consider renting out the spare space in our carport with a pick-up and return service. šŸ¤£

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Remember you can drop luggage off early then take the car to wherever you are going to park it. Disembarkation is a bit more of a problem as there isn't much seating outside the terminal where you can wait with bags while the car is being retrieved.

Ā 

Hmmmm - maybe I should consider renting out the spare space in our carport with a pick-up and return service. šŸ¤£

Do you offer transfers as well?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ā 

Discount to the speshul CC peeps?šŸ‘šŸ‘

8 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. For four passengers there are other less expensive ways to get from Newcastle to Sydney OPT.

Shuttle @ $90pp each way seems to be the go these days.

Ā 

Train is around $20 return each for us, but we can still cart our luggage.