NYE Live on Harmony, Dec 31 to Jan 7/23 - New Years Eve coming with a fresh kiss, next year's gonna be better than this year!

A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

Nice video of the flow riding and boogie board.  Was this during the private Star time?

Yes. It was a full house. We were there before the wave started and 4 good runs before the others showed up. This week there were about 10 others. Owen and I each got one run after.

The week before they said that there was only the one cabin that rode. I guess it all depends on the week. There will be one more session on the next day.  We booked a private rental for two days from now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes. It was a full house. We were there before the wave started and 4 good runs before the others showed up. This week there were about 10 others. Owen and I each got one run after.

The week before they said that there was only the one cabin that rode. I guess it all depends on the week. There will be one more session on the next day.  We booked a private rental for two days from now. 

Has Owen tried standup yet? It seems that with his athleticism, that he would be a natural. 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Social media pics of water from the swimming pools going over into CP? Did this really happen yesterday? 

And with all the water pouring into CP like a waterfall, I want to know what effect the hard turn had on the flow rider and anyone riding at the time. 

Social Media, in this case from Porto Rico, seems to be overly dramatic and wrong for the most part.  A wave didn’t hit the ship and the ship wasn’t inspected to continue on.  The ship was looking at the life raft.

Probably someone on board who has no clue to what happened posted without looking into it. The captain kept us informed with announcements to what happened and why.  Nothing in our cabin was out of place. Having experienced a rouge wave I can affirm we were not “hit by a wave”. 

Here is the social media post. 

8BE897DC-7D92-4DD1-9203-A40421F5E2AB.thumb.jpeg.9176fcdd3b09c475435dbdced3d4b9ab.jpeg

Yes, the water came over and thankfully no one appears to be under it or hurt.  There were no Alpha calls during the event for injuries.  It also was not treated as an Oscar event, no call was made. I would suspect because it didn’t involve anyone from the ship. 

B9664413-BB8A-4E97-ACA3-036803702AC7.thumb.jpeg.bb3113c696e6b5835596ce20d799fef2.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And with all the water pouring into CP like a waterfall, I want to know what effect the hard turn had on the flow rider and anyone riding at the time. 

The starboard wave stopped as its water ran across the pool deck with the list of the ship. We were on the port wave riding and no effect on it. I could see the hard turn of the ship and looked the wake and immediately said to Lisa that something was up. The captain’s announcement was about 10 minutes later. 

Edit to add - I didn’t see a bogie boarder float by our wave.😅

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

This Seabourn ship just arrived.  Not sure if Harmony birthed it last night on the way here but I think we could jam it into Central Park and fill the gap. 

For scale and perspective, I’m standing on our balcony on deck 17, and I’m taller than its highest point.

0E18BD97-6AF5-421D-85CE-060DBF34EB08.thumb.jpeg.28f3523df55d10c3142a1ed4ad15174e.jpeg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

You two are fantastic parents to Owen and I'm sure you will never let him pay for anything.

Super review Andrew.

LOL, Graham. He just has to work it off. He’ll be staying in Cozumel to pay off his shore excursion until March when we return. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What's your impression of Paradise Beach Club as opposed to Nachi Cocum?

Initial thoughts are it is bigger than Nachi but not as crazy as Playa Mia. There are no ship run excursions here like Playa Mia. As far as peacefulness it is not like Nachi but if you need to have activity this is right in the middle of the the 3 day resorts. 

Over all report to come later in the day. 

• Like 2