Oceanview Cafe dinner service being eliminated?

LMaxwell

Just now, chamima said:

😱

I hear and read things and about 80% of them end up coming to fruition.  My post history here includes being the first to spill the tea and then being the lightning rod for credibility attacks for a day or two until the company then makes their own announcements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, LMaxwell said:

I hear and read things and about 80% of them end up coming to fruition.  My post history here includes being the first to spill the tea and then being the lightning rod for credibility attacks for a day or two until the company then makes their own announcements. 

I'm not questioning you.

Just horrified at what's to come....

46 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Since the offerings apparently will change on a 7 day rotation it would be interesting to see the other 6 days offerings.

Eliminating the pasta station makes no sense, inexpensive food that seemed to the “go to” for many when the other options were appealing or closed.  

Exactly! The pasta station was excellent.

I've written asking for them to reintroduce at least one fresh made-to-order station. No reply yet. This would be a huge improvement and not terribly costly. The fresh station could rotate since that is their new theme. Pasta, stir fry, grill, etc...

The ability to get fresh made-to-order items was a big draw for us using the buffet. No matter how you cut it, items in the MDR are plated long before they reach the table.

I also contacted celebrity via facebook messenger last night. Here is their response. 

image.png.0556d810f299db6a0e773519f8290c56.png

As mentioned, I will be on Connie next week and will take photos/video of the entire buffet showing all options in an attempt to help people make informed decisions. I'm having a hard time believing that the menu posted is now the entire buffet.  Hopefully that embarrassment was incomplete.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  Which announcements have you posted which have ended up 'coming to fruition'?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

🙂  🙂  Cheerleaders gonna cheer,  no matter how bad the cutbacks are 🙂

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  Which announcements have you posted which have ended up 'coming to fruition'?

They can't tell us yet, but just wait, once they are able to share they will drop the scoop here.  I can't wait 🙄

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

They can't tell us yet, but just wait, once they are able to share they will drop the scoop here.  I can't wait 🙄

I wonder why the poster can't share the 'past posts' which have actually happened.  Re the new 'drop', I think they said it was a 'thought' so maybe not something that can or will happen?  🤔

Edited by Oceangoer2

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

It would literally take going through 10 years of history of my postings but there are several; most were on the Royal Caribbean boards relating to C&A as I sailed them exclusively until 2015 on my race to Diamond Plus before realizing loyalty chasing was the same as a yield trap. With almost 20k posts it could take a while. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Sort of a Delphic Oracle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Oceangoer2 said:

I wonder why the poster can't share.  I think they said it was a 'thought' so maybe not something that can or will happen?  🤔

Fearless guess is reserved for something I have 75% confidence will occur after hearing from another source related to the industry. I don't work for the company and it's something I have zero control or input over.

But it's not happening immediately so I'd rather only be called a liar for a few days instead of a month. So now you're in the loop. We cool?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LMaxwell said:

It would literally take going through 10 years of history of my postings but there are several; most were on the Royal Caribbean boards relating to C&A as I sailed them exclusively until 2015 on my race to Diamond Plus before realizing loyalty chasing was the same as a yield trap. With almost 20k posts it could take a while. 

literally take going through 10 years of history of my postings:  Oh no need, I have resolved that today will be a positive day, for some reason I sense 10 years of posts could negate that, Speaking only for myself of course, 

• Haha 2

Just now, LGW59 said:

literally take going through 10 years of history of my postings:  Oh no need, I have resolved that today will be a positive day, for some reason I sense 10 years of posts could negate that, Speaking only for myself of course, 

I don't control you. Someone else tried to test my credibility and I simply said go read my posts and see yourself; I don't need to defend myself. You do whatever pleases you. 

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I don't control you. Someone else tried to test my credibility and I simply said go read my posts and see yourself; I don't need to defend myself. You do whatever pleases you. 

Still no need

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Still no need

It wasn't directed at you. You're disinvited now. LOL.  Jeez.  Block me. Snoop on me. I don't care. There's more dining changes coming and being rude to me sure won't stop them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

More like Cassandra. Doomed to speak the truth and not be believed. (I fully support you @LMaxwell)

Oh I think the detractors believe him.  Cheerleaders gotta cheer.  They just come up with another argument when they are proven wrong.

We had the X repricing post.  Cheerleaders were even questioning if the X e-mails were legitimate.  Then once they were shown to be legitimate the cheerleaders said X had every right to reprice the cruise.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Oh I think the detractors believe him.  Cheerleaders gotta cheer.  They just come up with another argument when they are proven wrong.

It's real life Calvin Ball (the game, not the politician). 

You can never lose a game if you never plant the goal posts in the ground or agree to the rules. 

Edited by LMaxwell

36 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Exactly! The pasta station was excellent.

I've written asking for them to reintroduce at least one fresh made-to-order station. No reply yet. This would be a huge improvement and not terribly costly. The fresh station could rotate since that is their new theme. Pasta, stir fry, grill, etc...

The ability to get fresh made-to-order items was a big draw for us using the buffet. No matter how you cut it, items in the MDR are plated long before they reach the table.

I also contacted celebrity via facebook messenger last night. Here is their response. 

image.png.0556d810f299db6a0e773519f8290c56.png

As mentioned, I will be on Connie next week and will take photos/video of the entire buffet showing all options in an attempt to help people make informed decisions. I'm having a hard time believing that the menu posted is now the entire buffet.  Hopefully that embarrassment was incomplete.

I would hope X would strive to be a cut above its competitors not just "in line" with them. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

The changes aren't done and the next round is going to make some of the current ones seem reasonable. 

Agreed. One only needs to read the quarterly releases filed with the SEC to know that significant changes are inevitable. Remember, early on in the pandemic RCL offered up 28 ships as collateral for a bond offering. Lots of speculation this included the entire Celebrity fleet.

In August RCL was forced into a 11.625% junk bond deal that was used to pay current debt. Borrowing at 11% to pay back other money borrowed at 4% is not a recipe for growth.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-15/royal-caribbean-pays-more-than-11-on-bond-to-refinance-debt

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

I have another fearless guess at what's about to happen to MDR menu, and I don't mean charges for a second lobster or reduction in classic offerings.

I'll make a new post when the time is appropriate. I'll be more careful with my wording in the title so not to be attacked. There's quite a few people in this thread that should question their approach to a stranger and/or would most likely be apologizing tail tucked between legs if they were not hiding behind a keyboard. 

The changes aren't done and the next round is going to make some of the current ones seem reasonable. 

Come on, Man.   You can't leave us hanging like this.  Please give us some hint to the upcoming changes so we know you have a good source whenever it happens.  I want to be able to credit you with the best sources for inside info.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Well if they are going to decimate the buffet for the evenings,  then one would think that X would replace that demand with something.  I would GUESS that could be some form of paid dining?  

Edited by NMTraveller

40 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Well if they are going to decimate the buffet for the evenings,  then one would think that X would replace that demand with something.  I would GUESS that could be some form of paid dining?  

I'll make a guess....maybe take away any item (filet mignon, lamb, lobster) from the MDR menu that is on the Specialty restaurants menu?   Our last visit to Tuscan AND Murano we were not impressed and to compare, we have chosen both every cruise as far back as it's been available. (3 year cruise absence during covid escalation). Cost for Nov. 2023 is $176.96 Cdn;  add to that the amount we're already paying for dining in our cruise cost.  Not sure how long this pricing will be acceptable and may affect reservations? 

Edited by Oceangoer2