At home Covid test - proof?

Hello, we are sailing on the Vision in January 2023. Since our cruise stops in Colombia,  we are still required to show proof of a negative Covid test prior to boarding. The Royal website says it can be an at-home test without supervision.  

What proof did you show at Checkin? Just a photo of the test kit? Just wondering of anyone can comment on their recent experience.  

Thanks!

On Ovation in Australia we just took a picture of our negative test strip and that was sufficient.

We are on the Vision in February with a stop in Columbia. My understanding is if you are fully vaccinated you do not need a Covid test. Are you unvaccinated and need the test? Am I confused on testing requirements if vaccinated?

6 minutes ago, Rondo said:

On Ovation in Australia we just took a picture of our negative test strip and that was sufficient.

We are on the Vision in February with a stop in Columbia. My understanding is if you are fully vaccinated you do not need a Covid test. Are you unvaccinated and need the test? Am I confused on testing requirements if vaccinated?

It's for all passengers on cruises stopping in Colombia,  regardless of vaccination status. It's Colombia-specific rule apparently.  I guess Royal is just doing it to meet their requirements.  

Thanks for all the replies, we will take a photo of the test and bring it (along with our vaccine records,  which we need to board a plane from Canada to the US). 

32 minutes ago, Rondo said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Even though it says guests fully vaccinated or  17 or younger do not need test I would still take at home test and take a photo of negative results to be safe.   

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

Even though it says guests fully vaccinated or  17 or younger do not need test I would still take at home test and take a photo of negative results to be safe.   

Oh wow I read that page and totally skipped over that line. Thank you. I agree with you though, I will take a photo of the test just to be safe.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Bring a picture of some random negative test.

Been using same test for last 5 Cruises...(kidding). Was on first week they started the Photo only proof, to be safe took photo of me holding Test and brought Test with me. 

I have an app on my iphone that has come in handy on several occasions.  It's called Datestamper.  You can datestamp any photo on your phone, in case you want to add a date to the pic of your test result.

• Like 1

On an Adventure 14 day Repo that went to Colombia back in November, they required proof of negative test and we brought pictures of our tests. 
No one ever asked to see anything. The only mention of Covid was they asked if we were vaxed and sent us on our way.  YMMV. 

Received the official word from Royal pre-cruise for stops in Colombia 🇨🇴 

Testing Required
Pre-cruise
All unvaccinated guests ages 18 and older must present a negative test result from either:
  • a PCR test taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing.
  • an antigen test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.
Fully vaccinated guests and children 17 and younger are exempt from this test.

Accepted Tests
Guests can take advantage of in-person, telehealth, and self-swab tests. This includes unsupervised testing. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

2 hours ago, OCVTSGIRL said:

How is a picture proof that the test is yours?  This makes no sense. 

In the Information Security World this is called "check the box mentality."  It does not matter if it's effective or not.  

On 1/2/2023 at 10:36 AM, Rondo said:

Correct. The testing is for those who are either not vaccinated or for incomplete vaccination schedules, ( boosters)