Coastal Kithen question

Karter

Does anybody know if now that the the new dining room menus are starting to roll out with the daily classic appetizers and entries removed did they also remove the classic appetizers from the Coastal Kitchen menu. The reason I ask is I almost always order escargot as an appetizer.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this subject.

31 minutes ago, sippican said:

So are the menus in each venue basically the same? Besides size, what are the differences between Coastal Kitchen and the Main Dining room?

The serenity . You escape the madhouse of the main dining room , and the service is more personalized . No line ups to get in. 

And you dont get the singing waiters forced to sing while you wave your napkin in the air.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, loman said:

The serenity . You escape the madhouse of the main dining room , and the service is more personalized . No line ups to get in. 

And you dont get the singing waiters forced to sing while you wave your napkin in the air.

And the food comes out hot if it’s suppose to be hot. 

2 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

You are right - it just doesn't happen in MTD....

Except when MTD is used in the same area as traditional seating. Which has been frequently on Indy, not enough experience paying attention on other ship to say if Indy is the only one or not.

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Can you still order from the MDR menu in Coastal Kitchen on Oasis Class?  We were able to on Quantum last year but have not been on an Oasis Class since before the pandemic shutdown. 

The one time we tried to get something from the dining room at coastal kitchen, we asked the day prior, and the CK staff said no problem. Apparently, they went very early in the evening to get the item, and by the time we had our dinner It was dried out and not edible. We have never asked since.

We liked some of the old dining room items and assume we will like some of the new current menu items. When there’s an item we like the dining room, we  go there instead of coastal kitchen.

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Can you still order from the MDR menu in Coastal Kitchen on Oasis Class?  We were able to on Quantum last year but have not been on an Oasis Class since before the pandemic shutdown. 

Not really

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2023 at 7:35 AM, Karter said:

Does anybody know if now that the the new dining room menus are starting to roll out with the daily classic appetizers and entries removed did they also remove the classic appetizers from the Coastal Kitchen menu. The reason I ask is I almost always order escargot as an appetizer.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this subject.

Just off Oasis yesterday, Classics available in CK,  had escargot every night. 

On 1/16/2023 at 2:10 PM, bob63005 said:

Just off Oasis yesterday, Classics available in CK,  had escargot every night. 

My wife will be happy to hear this.  She's a huge fan on the French Onion Soup on the classic menu.

For post January 1, 2023 passengers, what type of cutbacks at Coastal Kitchen are you observing?   How are any of the other cutbacks impacting the overall cruise experience?  

Over on the Celebrity forum there are reports of cutbacks in quality and portion size at Blu and Luminae, which are dedicated to suite rooms, and that the dinner buffet has been replaced with a few items that appear to be leftovers, and a bologna bar.

Edited by Cap_D

On 1/14/2023 at 3:39 PM, sippican said:

So are the menus in each venue basically the same? Besides size, what are the differences between Coastal Kitchen and the Main Dining room?

To us, it felt like a more upscale, peaceful experience.  Food might have not been way better than MDR, however, food was always hot (unlike MDR).  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 12:08 PM, DaKahuna said:

During the Wonder TA I asked our waiter Arvin if I could get the prime rib from the MDR on the first night.  He got some for me.  He brought back a plate with not one, but two massive slabs of meat ;o)  I felt bad that I wasn't able to eat all of it and it was sooooo good ;o)  

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

To us, it felt like a more upscale, peaceful experience.  Food might have not been way better than MDR, however, food was always hot (unlike MDR).  

Hello,

Better crockery and cutlery and that's about it I think.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We were SHOCKED when they had the singing waiters on Oasis, in Feb 2020.  We hadn’t seen that in years..

December in Harmony, they had a waiter with a guitar and a portable speaker amp, singing and playing in our section of the MDR. I applaud them trying to showcase crew talent, but I did not need that with my dinner.