Should I Sail on Allure or Harmony?

We are Oasis class fans, and we loved

them both!  Either of them will give you a good feel for Oasis class, and if you like one, you can always do the other one later 🙂. I know there are a few differences (that I can’t remember), so I suggest Thinking about what is important to you, then compare the differences between the ships.

• Thanks 1

Another vote for pick for port and itinerary.  Yes, Harmony is newer, though I like the layout of CK/SL better on Allure, plus would love to see Momma Mia show which is on Allure.  

Otherwise, they are both Oasis class ships...not that much different.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Good point. Harmony currently sails from Florida and Allure from Texas. If OP is looking to sail in 2024, it looks like the ships will swap home ports.

Harmony will be going to Galveston from Ft. Lauderdale. Allure will going to Port Canaveral from Galveston. I wish it was going back to Lauderdale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Harmony will be going to Galveston from Ft. Lauderdale. Allure will going to Port Canaveral from Galveston. I wish it was going back to Lauderdale. 

Oh no...no...no OB.   I want Allure in PC.  😄 😄 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

2 hours ago, island lady said:

What Pat said. PC all the way. I already have several booked 😇

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

We just booked that exact itinerary but leaving February 25! Very excited, first time in Galveston, Roatan and Puerto Costa Maya!

We've been on at least 2 cruised that never made it to Roatan (Hurricane/weather).  Hoping the 3rd will be the charm.  

I'm hoping the new terminal in Galveston lives up the the positive reviews I've read about it.  

I just hope it isn't a cloudy day as it is completely solar powered!

That's a joke, BTW

I am going on Wonder of the Seas in a few months.  This is the first time, and about 8 years that I am going on a ship, that I picked the ship, and not the ports.  I travel internationally, and have been on every class of ship, but I pick where I am going first, and the ship, follows.  The Wonder has 3 sea days, and one coco cay day, which is why the ship is important.  

My point is, the vacation is how you want it to be, ports, or ships, or both etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

What Pat said. PC all the way. I already have several booked 😇

I'm not very happy with either one of you today. 😐😉😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

I am going on Wonder of the Seas in a few months.  This is the first time, and about 8 years that I am going on a ship, that I picked the ship, and not the ports.  I travel internationally, and have been on every class of ship, but I pick where I am going first, and the ship, follows.  The Wonder has 3 sea days, and one coco cay day, which is why the ship is important.  

My point is, the vacation is how you want it to be, ports, or ships, or both etc.  

Exactly!

I'm just one of a minimum of 4 people that usually cruise as part of a group.  So, I go with the flow.  However, if I had my way, I'd pick the ship first then the number of sea day.  My destination is the ship and the sea.  So, the larger the ship and the more the sea days, the happier I am.  

However, there are only two destinations that I pushback on, Bahamas and Jamaica.  I have nothing but negativity towards those two.  But, that's for another time and another thread.

• Like 1

Another difference is the specialty restaurants offered.  Harmony has Jamie's, which we have had enough of, Allure has Giovanni's which we plan to eat at twice next week. 

Harmony has Wonderland which we enjoyed.  Allure has Samba Grill which is good.  

With that said you should enjoy them both.  I do miss the water slides when on the Allure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1