Lobster Tails

bigque

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Go figure, The Kitchen on board their ships are the last to know about changes. That way it makes them look dumb when passengers know  about the change before them.  Why do the higher ups at Royal put the employees in that position.

Anthem is probably under the original menu.   I'm on the Feb. 4 sail and the APP has the original menu and hoping that no changes to menu made until after.

Was on the Anthem Jan 2 through the 13th and had the original menus.  Going back on the 24th and my app is only sowing 8 nights of old menus and closed venue for the remaining 3 nights. 

The Anthem is currently on a 11 nighter which is the same as my Jan 24th cruise.  Somethings odd and it looks like they my be swapping menus for my cruise.

Edited by bjlaac

We were just on a B2B with the old menu for the first  leg and the new menu for the second

We didn’t see any difference between the lobster tail served on the old menu and the  lobster tail  served  on the new menu with an extra charge for more than one. 

Wish I had taken a photo of both platters. 

m

34 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It's not to often that a good deed doesn't go unpunished in here.  

No issue from my point of view.  Tone is lost on these posts; mine can be misunderstood as easily as others.  As an avid cruiser knowing some of the titles and duties of officers and crew has come in handy, thus my FYI was kindly meant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We were just on a B2B with the old menu for the first  leg and the new menu for the second

We didn’t see any difference between the lobster tail served on the old menu and the  lobster tail  served  on the new menu with an extra charge for more than one. 

Wish I had taken a photo of both platters. 

m

This is what Diver2014 in post 16 said:

We’re on Wonder ots right now. I purchased the Maine lobster 2 nights ago. It was huge snd delicious. Tomorrow is lobster night so same thing at no extra charge (second tail costs $16.99). But I do think spiny lobster is sweeter

Maybe he/she will come back with a further update.

We were on Radiance last week, and we had the big lobster tail on whatever they are calling the old second formal night these days.  It was very good.  Our waiter asked if we wanted another one, and had a plate of the them to offer, but we both declined.  I don't know if there would have been a charge had we accepted a second one, but my impression was maybe no charge for it.

I would guess it's going to take a month or more for lobster offering to be more consistent across the ships leaving from North America.  I would hope that the $16.99 extra tail would consistently be a larger cold water tail versus the small warm water tails you normally get on formal night in the MDR.

My big question is whether or not the first single tail you get will be the smaller warm water tails, or the larger cold water variety.  Personally my bets are on the single smaller tails like we've been getting for years in the MDR, with the option to purchase another that is a nice cold water tail.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

This is what Diver2014 in post 16 said:

We’re on Wonder ots right now. I purchased the Maine lobster 2 nights ago. It was huge snd delicious. Tomorrow is lobster night so same thing at no extra charge (second tail costs $16.99). But I do think spiny lobster is sweeter

Maybe he/she will come back with a further update.

Will do…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I would guess it's going to take a month or more for lobster offering to be more consistent across the ships leaving from North America.  I would hope that the $16.99 extra tail would consistently be a larger cold water tail versus the small warm water tails you normally get on formal night in the MDR.

My big question is whether or not the first single tail you get will be the smaller warm water tails, or the larger cold water variety.  Personally my bets are on the single smaller tails like we've been getting for years in the MDR, with the option to purchase another that is a nice cold water tail.

You can always choose it as it is on menu.

I wish they would give an prion tail or claws. I LOVE claws more. What do they do with them? 🥰

Edited by Tatka

16 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You can always choose it as it is on menu.

I wish they would give an prion tail or claws. I LOVE claws more. What do they do with them? 🥰

Likely don't exist. The tails they use are likely that, frozen tales. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

No issue from my point of view.  Tone is lost on these posts; mine can be misunderstood as easily as others.  As an avid cruiser knowing some of the titles and duties of officers and crew has come in handy, thus my FYI was kindly meant.

Hi, sorry my comment was also not meant to be unkind but it was before coffee. It's just that sometimes I feel that people are in a hurry to correct the smallest point leading to some people being afraid to post. I know it was the head waiter now that you mentioned his correct title but in the end he was a person in a suit not doing much so I thought "manager".

• Like 1

I was in HEB today and saw 4oz lobster tails (North Atlantic) for $5.99. Same size as what Royal Caribbean has served in the past. That's a lot lower than $16.99 + gratuity. Maybe I should bring a bunch on board and sell them for $10 each. Make some moola to buy the wife some jewelry. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

I was in HEB today and saw 4oz lobster tails (North Atlantic) for $5.99. Same size as what Royal Caribbean has served in the past. That's a lot lower than $16.99 + gratuity. Maybe I should bring a bunch on board and sell them for $10 each. Make some moola to buy the wife some jewelry. 

And be sure to purchase some plates and silverware and a kitchen to cook them in.  Plus butter and lemon for serving.  

16 hours ago, foxgoodrich said:

We were on Radiance last week, and we had the big lobster tail on whatever they are calling the old second formal night these days.  It was very good.  Our waiter asked if we wanted another one, and had a plate of the them to offer, but we both declined.  I don't know if there would have been a charge had we accepted a second one, but my impression was maybe no charge for it.

We also had lobster on the Radiance last night.  There wasn’t a charge for a second one.  We are on our final week, so we shall see if it stays the same.

On 1/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, Ret MP said:

I'd be interested in hearing your review of the Lobster night. 

Lobster was the same as I ordered a few nights ago but I didn’t have to pay for it this time. Huge (maybe 6 oz?) and delicious. Came with a baked potato, asparagus and huge slices of carrot (which were too crunchy for me- I like my carrots soft and preferably candied).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And be sure to purchase some plates and silverware and a kitchen to cook them in.  Plus butter and lemon for serving.  

NOW I know why I saw a crock pot on the naughty table!  I figure you could smuggle the rest of the stuff out of the Windjammer.....:classic_biggrin:

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

41 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

NOW I know why I saw a crock pot on the naughty table!  I figure you could smuggle the rest of the stuff out of the Windjammer.....:classic_biggrin:

Ahhhhhh, just bring a case or two of MRE's.  Everything you need. 

41U28Eq4KQL.jpg

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Bringing pre-cooked. I need to be able to sample several here for quality control purposes. 🙂 

23 hours ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Are you going to compare the cost of drinks on board to your local retail prices, too?  I think you will find a much higher markup.

I just finished a cruise on Harmony today.  This was a shorter cruise (6 days) and it was their first week for the new menu collection.  We did have lobster on the the second formal night (Thursday - night 5) and they were the larger tails (probably 6 oz+).  They were definitely larger than the unlimited tails they had on the Oasis a few weeks ago.  There would normally be an uncharge for my second lobster, but fortunately my wife does not care for lobster so she ordered an extra entree (lobster) for me.