​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Daiquiris are frozen? 🤔

Technically, they're blended -- syrup + ice + blender = slushy deliciousness.  The peach flavor is my favorite because the flavor is really strong, it doesn't taste diluted when blended with the ice like the other flavors can.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the MM Pic! 

You're very welcome!  

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

Welcome along, @CruiseMomTX!!!

This afternoon, I went to see Mamma Mia (pic for @Ocean Boy!):

IMG_20230121_140733645.thumb.jpg.a7c0f44690f25f5e4229c62bed793747.jpg

Afterward, I stopped at Guest Services (NO LINE, I was shocked!) to get change for some big bills, then I stopped at the Schooner Bar for a peach daiquiri and to say goodbye to bartender Joshua, who heads home tomorrow after finishing his contract:

IMG_20230121_165744260.thumb.jpg.221d4e8c407505b00c68ad730b3bf861.jpg

I'm going to save tonight's menu and food for next Saturday.  Gotta keep y'all waiting for something! LOL  

For some reason I keep hearing the song "Mama Mia" and my favorite, "Dancing Queen" sung over and over in my mind. 😄

Looking forward to reading about the big meet up!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Technically, they're blended -- syrup + ice + blender = slushy deliciousness.  The peach flavor is my favorite because the flavor is really strong, it doesn't taste diluted when blended with the ice like the other flavors can.

You're very welcome!  

I like frozen pineapple daquiris.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Welcome along, @CruiseMomTX!!!

This afternoon, I went to see Mamma Mia (pic for @Ocean Boy!):

IMG_20230121_140733645.thumb.jpg.a7c0f44690f25f5e4229c62bed793747.jpg

Afterward, I stopped at Guest Services (NO LINE, I was shocked!) to get change for some big bills, then I stopped at the Schooner Bar for a peach daiquiri and to say goodbye to bartender Joshua, who heads home tomorrow after finishing his contract:

IMG_20230121_165744260.thumb.jpg.221d4e8c407505b00c68ad730b3bf861.jpg

I'm going to save tonight's menu and food for next Saturday.  Gotta keep y'all waiting for something! LOL  

Following along.

This peach daiquiri looks super yummy!! This will be my first drink when I get onboard the Anthem on Tuesday morning! Well...maybe second. I really want to try the Raspberry Beret, too. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes,  seems like a couple months ago. Then they sent something that said, see you at your boarding time.  Our boarding time is 10:30am and that is when we will arrive. I will try to remember to let you know how it goes. @brillohead didn't seem to have a problem boarding last week when she arrived at her scheduled time. 

BTW, didn't you cruise Allure recently. 

Oh interesting!  So you got an email saying arrive an hour late and then another one saying arrive at your boarding time.  That is a first that I am hearing this.  

I haven’t cruised on Allure.  This August will be my first time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, brillohead said:

I did, and then the day before the cruise, I was told to arrive between noon-3pm, followed by a notice on the day of the cruise that they'd see me at 10:00 (my original time).  Many others in my Roll Call got told to arrive at their regular time, others got the noon-3pm notice, and some people got BOTH notices.

I arrived about 10:20 and nobody ever looked at my arrival time and they started boarding the D+ folks at 10:30.  

I have no idea what it was all about, but Royal's ever-impressive IT department screwed it all up royally!

Thanks for the update.  Enjoy the cruise.  I’m looking forward to your live review!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The time I was involved with a multiple poster live thread it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to this. And I would just say that if I were on a b3b I would be seeing Mamma Mia a minimum of three times. 🙂

Slacker, I've seen CAT'S 3 times in 1 sailing. Several times. I'm questioning your love for the ABBA Jukebox Musical

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Slacker, I've seen CAT'S 3 times in 1 sailing. Several times. I'm questioning your love for the ABBA Jukebox Musical

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

It's a good thing I had already swallowed my coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning from on board!  

Based on the roughly 842 announcements that have been made so far this morning, it sounds like they are having issues with the debarkation process today.  First they closed the aft gangway due to "technical difficulties" and asked everyone to use the forward gangway only.  Then a few minutes ago they announced that they were pausing the debarkation process due to congestion in the terminal due to technical issues.  

No clue if this is a Customs/Border Patrol problem, a Royal problem, or a port authority problem, or how long it will continue or if it will delay boarding for the new passengers yet.  

My breakfast consists of a can of Coke Zero... I figure nobody needs a photo of that!  

Can't wait to meet @Ozark_Kid and his wife and friends in the Schooner Bar this morning!  Then I'll take y'all along to the Consecutive Cruisers lunch, which is served in the MDR.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1