​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So there was a debate if Momma Mia had a new Sophie.  I thought she didn't look like the same Sophie when we watched Momma Mia in October.  We were trying to figure it out.

I met an older couple that said they went to the show and sat next to the real mom of Sophie (Caitlin McCusker) and said she is a substitute to the original Sophie.  That ended up being false or a misunderstanding. 

We Googled Allure Mamma Mia cast and it showed several different cast. None matched the current cast.  

We never figured it out.  As we were partying in the Schooner in walks Sophie along with her mom and another who I am guessing was her brother.  

That's her! Over there, that's her! Now I can get the answer!... Billo quickly says, leave her alone John.... But... No, leave her alone.  Sharon.... No more than 3 lines... Brillo... Two lines....

And off I go! 

Hey!  You did such a great job playing Sophie!  She flashes a beautiful smile along with twinkling eyes She replied, Thanks so much! I am happy you said that!.... Is this your mom?... Yes.... I have to ask you (I sit down) were you playing Sophie last October on Allure?... She replied, Some of October, when we're you on?  

Turns out She was on when we were.  The reason she looked different was because she had straight hair in October and curly hair this time. Which I verified during the 3 very very long lines.  

Great story !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, brillohead said:

I'm going to have to do some catching up next week, too -- I'm going to set an alarm so I don't fall asleep reading and miss The Quest!  The young couple that sits next to me at dinner attended (this is their first Royal cruise) and they were a bit shocked at how inappropriate it got, even though I warned them!  (They're not prudes, either -- just not used to that kind of behavior in public!)  They said they couldn't believe how much they laughed!  

Don't forget to set your alarm this week. I'm not familiar with The Quest, so I'm interested in hearing all the lurid tales from this week. Don't leave out any details... 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

Don't forget to set your alarm this week. I'm not familiar with The Quest, so I'm interested in hearing all the lurid tales from this week. Don't leave out any details... 🤣

It's long been said what happens at Quest stays at Quest so not sure Brillo will be able to share too much 😉

All kidding aside it is basically an adult scavenger hunt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

WOWWWW,

Wishes granted, The Eagles will go to 

the Super Bowl.  Super excited  about our team.

YAYYY!!  Will be watching the game on the big screen

on Wonder of the Seas.

Fly Eagles fly!!!!

We watched it on the plane.  I bet the big screen was more fun.  That was crazy when the fight broke out.  I hope there are no suspensions for the Super Bowl game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fontaid said:

If she doesn't leave out the details it could send her in jail.  Which reminds me, I haven’t posted the Monopoly pics yet.  It was an improved performance. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, born_to_cruise said:

Probably has already been asked, which I missed if it has, but is there Evian water available onboard? Are you allowed to bring soda onboard? TIA

I don't remember Evian water but that doesn't mean there isn't.  We got a few bottled waters from Bow and Stern and it was an off brand water. 

Brillo may know. 

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I don't remember Evian water but that doesn't mean there isn't.  We got a few bottled waters from Bow and Stern and it was an off brand water. 

Brillo may know. 

Thank you. It's the only brand I drink & trying to see if i need to pick some up after my flight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Improved how? 

I will post later but what I liked most was they replaced the guy that rolled around in the big ring and replaced him with the hula hoop lady.  I remember seeing her perform on a different ship and different ice show but don't remember which one.  

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If she doesn't leave out the details it could send her in jail.  Which reminds me, I haven’t posted the Monopoly pics yet.  It was an improved performance. 

@Ozark_KidHmmm... The Quest is held while at sea, so who would have jurisdiction for such a "crime"? I will say that @brillohead Deb has never said what she's been reading on her Kindle - perhaps last week's review of The Quest? Or perhaps she's writing a steamy novel about The Quest. That would make her musings posted here professional - particularly if she asked us to review them and give her feedback on her "draft." That would make a great legal defense. She also could write off her cruise expenses as "business expenses." She said she slept through last week's show, but do we really know that she did? Hey, if you're doing a B3B, it pays to be creative to reduce your overall costs and generate some publicity and intrigue about a previously unannounced upcoming novel. Who knows? She might even give us signed copies of her new novel. 🤣

• Haha 1

I was just following an 8 day Explorer live, and it looks like they still were using the old menus, and had the apple blossom.  

I hope people are commenting on the menus in their post Cruise survey.  And, they still have the old price for the chops filet ordered in the MDR on the Explorer menu.  

Have they mentioned if theses new theme menus are still on a trial basis?

• Like 1

As I catch up on what I didn't have the time to share I will be working backwards.  

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom 

The internet there was poor if you get away from the dining area. This caused me to miss the foot pic.  😲 

Ncfeet1_103842.thumb.jpg.e68257ec6220f9e57f46138e98080d7f.jpg

Are 1st visit here was years ago.  It was where I was introduced to the Miami Vice!  This one is mixed. 

NcMV2_104637.thumb.jpg.ce25cc14518c921f0b49af1a5ad96e39.jpg

Here is the resort not far from us.  Brain freeze.  Someone will remember the name. 

NCNext3_105218.thumb.jpg.4e2a68f9508db72de2a3e7ed16ae0992.jpg

There was a lot of activity from that side. 

Ncboat2-7_131902.thumb.jpg.419bdee625e6129e9238141cd022d2bb.jpg

NcB1-4_114404.thumb.jpg.5d574f59670265951f33bc27fb7012fa.jpg

Slowed down when the rain came. 

image.thumb.png.76418a2abb64541612aa05af1f48eb43.png

Here's a shot of the beach front.  Plenty of seats available.  😂 

NcBrach6_131648.thumb.jpg.6298fc400a0d151dfc37adddf4aaccb2.jpg

I may have a couple other pics/bids from the 360 x3 later. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here is the resort not far from us.  Brain freeze.  Someone will remember the name.

Is it Sanchos? It is the next beach club as far as I know but I didn’t realize it was that close.

Or possibly Fury beach club where the cruise ship snorkeling boats come in.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

As I catch up on what I didn't have the time to share I will be working backwards.  

Cozumel - Nachi Cocom 

The internet there was poor if you get away from the dining area. This caused me to miss the foot pic.  😲 

Ncfeet1_103842.thumb.jpg.e68257ec6220f9e57f46138e98080d7f.jpg

Are 1st visit here was years ago.  It was where I was introduced to the Miami Vice!  This one is mixed. 

NcMV2_104637.thumb.jpg.ce25cc14518c921f0b49af1a5ad96e39.jpg

NCNext3_105218.thumb.jpg.4e2a68f9508db72de2a3e7ed16ae0992.jpg

There was a lot of activity from that side. 

Ncboat2-7_131902.thumb.jpg.419bdee625e6129e9238141cd022d2bb.jpg

NcB1-4_114404.thumb.jpg.5d574f59670265951f33bc27fb7012fa.jpg

Slowed down when the rain came. 

image.thumb.png.76418a2abb64541612aa05af1f48eb43.png

Here's a shot of the beach front.  Plenty of seats available.  😂 

NcBrach6_131648.thumb.jpg.6298fc400a0d151dfc37adddf4aaccb2.jpg

I may have a couple other pics/bids from the 360 x3 later. 

Still just as beautiful,  Love it there!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brillohead said:

Several pages ago, someone was asking about the appetizers in the Diamond Lounge. 

I stopped by tonight and took some pictures:

IMG_20230129_165809722.thumb.jpg.870654d17ef2973b48211fdf39ae8b79.jpg

IMG_20230129_165821955.thumb.jpg.46b273a99355f231295a3bdd85a593de.jpg

IMG_20230129_165850886.thumb.jpg.faf0e683d6a79737f4b17ee9ca8b67c7.jpg

IMG_20230129_165903514.thumb.jpg.6306aef2d55e49470ade478ccae1dc00.jpg

Why are the end of the tongs laying on the fried shrimp?

Edited by Jimbo

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So there was a debate if Momma Mia had a new Sophie.  I thought she didn't look like the same Sophie when we watched Momma Mia in October.  We were trying to figure it out.

I met an older couple that said they went to the show and sat next to the real mom of Sophie (Caitlin McCusker) and said she is a substitute to the original Sophie.  That ended up being false or a misunderstanding. 

We Googled Allure Mamma Mia cast and it showed several different cast. None matched the current cast.  

We never figured it out.  As we were partying in the Schooner in walks Sophie along with her mom and another who I am guessing was her brother.  

That's her! Over there, that's her! Now I can get the answer!... Billo quickly says, leave her alone John.... But... No, leave her alone.  Sharon.... No more than 3 lines... Brillo... Two lines....

And off I go! 

Hey!  You did such a great job playing Sophie!  She flashes a beautiful smile along with twinkling eyes She replied, Thanks so much! I am happy you said that!.... Is this your mom?... Yes.... I have to ask you (I sit down) were you playing Sophie last October on Allure?... She replied, Some of October, when we're you on?  

Turns out She was on when we were.  The reason she looked different was because she had straight hair in October and curly hair this time. Which I verified during the 3 very very long lines.  

We sat next to 8 members of the Mama Mia cast in Giovanni's.  They were all dressed up and enjoying a night off together.  The guy who played Sam was a dead ringer for my wife's nephew.  I mean, true doppelganger.  So of course I had to approach them with this info.  I told them how much we enjoyed the show and that Sam looks just like our nephew.  They had those polite smiles on their faces that said, "sure...please just leave us alone".  I showed them a picture and their expressions quickly changed when they saw exactly how close they matched.  I then sat down and left them alone.

It took all of about 5 minutes before someone else approached them and asked if they wouldn't mind going out to Central Park to take a group picture.  Really?  I felt bad enough interrupting them but asking them to get up from their dinner table to take a picture?  They politely agreed.  Unfortunately, things like that must happen to them all the time.  Local celebrities in a contained space.  

• Like 5

17 hours ago, born_to_cruise said:

Probably has already been asked, which I missed if it has, but is there Evian water available onboard? Are you allowed to bring soda onboard? TIA

I will try to ask if they have Evian, and what the price is.  

The generic "purified water" bottles last week were True Grade and this week are Niagara.  

You are allowed to bring up to twelve bottles/cans of up to 0.5L (16.9oz) of any non-alcoholic beverage, so it can be water, soda, juice, Gatorade, etc.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Improved how? 

This is probably the third or fourth cast I've seen perform Ice Games, and the skating was the best I've ever seen with this cast.  The pairs skaters were phenomenal.  I have some video of last night's performance that I'll post.  

And I'm the opposite of John... I prefer the guy in the big rolling hoop versus the hula-hoop lady, but then again, I've seen the hula-hoop lady a bunch more times than I've seen the big rolling hoop guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I am so jealous you’ve been on a B3B!  Hope your last leg is fantastic & you aren’t accosted by crazy people with malfunctioning hearing aids 😝 

Thanks, so far so good -- no crazy geezers yet!

18 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We're still waiting for the rest of the story about @Ozark_Kid hitting on some young pretty thing in front of his wife and @brillohead 😮

I was waiting for @Ozark_Kid to post his version, and I'll post some additional info now that he has!

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

And off I go! 

I never actually gave him permission.... I just continued the "let her be! leave her alone!" instructions, but John doesn't listen very well.  He claims it's his hearing aids, but I think he just uses that as an excuse for things he doesn't WANT to hear!  (And I'd bet Sharon would agree with me on that point!)

Surprised my eyes didn't roll right outta my head when he SAT DOWN next to her!!!  I looked over at Sharon, and she pointed to her watch -- she was timing him!  LOL

Oh, and the young man who was sitting with them also had a Royal nametag on.  I think he was one of the ice skaters (either the one who did the solo during Giovanni's Table in the show or the pairs skater from Secret Life), but I didn't look really closely because -- unlike John -- I don't like to creep on people when they're off the clock!  LOL  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2