Celebrity Management Undercover? 👀

BridgeMates

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

As far as I know, the only "bad publicity" X is getting is on CC...

No publications OR TV/Cable News unless I missed it???

bon voyage 

Word of mouth is another form of "bad publicity". Having sailed on an 11 day cruise in December I have had several couples seek me out for advice about booking cruises. I have steered them elsewhere and they have booked on other lines. I am Elite+ AND a stockholder. I am very disappointed in the product that Celebrity is putting out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

bon voyage 

Come on, Bo. "Let me read Newsweek or watch CNN to decide which cruise line to take." said no one ever.

The bad publicity is not only on CC, it's on popular social media as well. News is bound to spread on YouTube and blogs as vloggers and bloggers sail with X. This is where Celebrity's new target passenger gets their information from. And as more TAs become aware of the changes, Celebrity's old target passenger will be steered away as well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Exactly, beeing just woke is not a sustainable business model. Guests with all lifestyles and life model appreciated the upscale experience. This is now, what I can see, a step below Costa Cruises.

Edited by SoBe2010
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoBe2010 said:

Exactly, beeing just woke is not a sustainable business model. Guests with all lifestyles and life model appreciated the upscale experience. This is now, what I can see, a step below Costa Cruises.

Let’s see, exchange your old target market, folks who have the time and money to cruise, for a hipper Woke market, doesn’t sound like a good strategy.

The old saying is something like; some people have lots of time, some people have lots of money, few have both!  Seems obvious the best target market, regardless of age would be the latter. 

2 hours ago, High on the Seas said:

You won’t find this on the evening news. However, based on many items on this board the feedback is helping people decide whether to move their business to another line, continue with Celebrity, or maybe opt for a different vacation all together.  If Celebrity doesn’t take cruisers concerns seriously they may lose them. It’s a lot tougher to win a customer back then keep them in the fold. 

There is always Princess who imo currently is doing a better job in the food area ,shows ie  .Even though we are Elite Plus   We go with cruise lines that give us what we want not what they want  .Seems Princess is doing a better job for us right now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

There is always Princess who imo currently is doing a better job in the food area ,shows ie  .Even though we are Elite Plus   We go with cruise lines that give us what we want not what they want  .Seems Princess is doing a better job for us right now

Ditto, that’s what we figured out after recently sailing with Princess.  Have booked several more cruises with them.  Food choice and quality was excellent, ship was elegant and service excellent.  Are there areas they could enhance (i.e., wine service in dining rooms and their specially coffe shop) absolutely, but on balance, they are an excellent cruise line. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mcrcruiser said:

Not to mention, we’re booking Princess with $100 pp Fully Refundable Deposits!

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

For us, the closest comparable cruise line is Princess.  We’ve sailed NCL and HAL, and like them both, but personally can’t put them in the same category as Princess and Celebrity.  Just my personal experience, YMMV!

we thought about trying out Princess for next months cruise (5 day Baja) but went with NCL due to the promotion they were giving, but that's good to keep in mind for the future! I believe the only 7 day options to Bermuda from NY are X and NCL, so there might be a forced hand at play there. 

• Like 1

My guess that after X sees the shake-out/impacts from the results of their cost cutting, the impacted areas (food and service) will improve.  Companies always need to do a reset.  Unfortunately, it will be our fellow CCer's who will be traveling in the next few months that will have to carry the burden of the scaled back menu options and spotty service.

I am on a Celebrity cruise in May, and I am hoping that things will stabilize and improve before then.  If not, at least I won't be totally blind-sided after reading all these post New Year threads.

Hoping that X is really listening!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

My guess that after X sees the shake-out/impacts from the results of their cost cutting, the impacted areas (food and service) will improve.  Companies always need to do a reset.  Unfortunately, it will be our fellow CCer's who will be traveling in the next few months that will have to carry the burden of the scaled back menu options and spotty service.

I am on a Celebrity cruise in May, and I am hoping that things will stabilize and improve before then.  If not, at least I won't be totally blind-sided after reading all these post New Year threads.

Glad to take one for the team. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage 

I believe you are missing the really big picture.  Google ‘crawls’ the web regularly and indexes keyword results.  While right now ‘Celebrity Buffet’ doesn’t put any of these threads near the top of search results, given the number of posts and keywords used it soon will.

virtually everyone uses Google so soon virtually everyone will see Celebrity cutbacks if searching for things like ‘Celebrity Cruise lobster,’ “Celebrity Cruises drink packages,’ ‘Celebrity Cruise pricing,’ ‘Celebrity Cruise buffet,’ and more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

While our January cruise was well below par for X, I forgot to mention the Tuscan Grille is still excellent, albeit pricey.

8 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I always had the sense that the Edge Class ships fare better with cutbacks.  Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks. This will be our first E class cruise. We aren't going to pre judge the cruise based on any CC reports. Just like all our cruises, open minded. Our glasses full and wearing rose colored glasses. 🍷😍 We'll wait until after the cruise and decide based on our experiences. In the event we aren't happy with something I plan on email Miss President and Chief Executive Officer with if any negative experiences.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bobsgonecoastal said:

We have always sailed Aqua class, and eat most of our dinners in Blu.  On our January cruise, we were very disappointed in the menus at Blu.  Few choices, mediocre quality.  IMHO, Blu offered a good dinner menu two out of the seven nights.

May I ask what ship you were on in January?  The Blu experience is vastly different ship to ship.

bon voyage 

Just a " thought " or two:

1. As posted many times---- We like Celebrity, never had a bad cruise--- service, food , cleanliness of the ships, etc , never a complaint----- so, why are so many CCers nit-picking over nonsense ?

2. Why are so many CCers who are not happy with Celebrity even looking at this site ?

Why would they care about anything posted if they don't like Celebrity ?

3. Now I " get it "---The " bad publicity '' X is getting is in keeping with the main purpose of this site -- Cruise Critic--- 

Ya gotta criticize -- the more " stuff " ya complain about ( doesn't even have to be true ) , the higher your " Standing " is in the " Cruise Critic Person of the Year Award ".

If anyone answers " YES " to : "Is ANYTHING ok ?" , they are eliminated from consideration.

(Trolls are only eligible to win this prestigious award ( ?? ) on 3 cruise line sites). 

• Haha 1

I see a lot of negative comments on here and also on other social groups I belong too. In fact on the other groups people are actually regularly complaining about the negativity. 

As for you tube negative videos are there, but outnumbered big time by more positive videos. I would still say other lines are getting way more bad videos than Celebrity whether they deserve it or not. Will be interesting to see if that trend continues. 

We will be deciding for ourselves soon enough and if the product meets our needs we will continue to sale Celebrity. That will bother some because we are accepting that they are changing the product, but we honestly worry about the time we have on board. If they change something we don’t like we will be gone. We learned a lot with our breaking up with Disney cruises and their is a right time for everyone when  they break the tie to a particular line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Are the menus different from ship to ship?  That is where I start to consider if I will eat at a restaurant.

I don't believe so.  The difference comes in the variety offered.  E class Blu is in a horrible location far from the main galley.  You can't simply order the MDR entre as you can on S or M class.  I found the food on Edge not nearly as good as the Reflection AQ cruise I took a year ago.

FWIW, I just got off Equinox three weeks ago.  Luminae served a veal chop that was stunning in size and presentation and cooked to perfection.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1