Is This New - Make Appointment for Guest Services

sunonfire

The Carnival HUB App is your guide to FUN – download here before you leave home. Check out what’s happening on board, book shore excursions, specialty dining and spa appointments, review our food and drink menus, and even request food delivery of our guest favorites from almost anywhere on the ship. To save time, you can also reserve an appointment to speak with a Guest Services Associate.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this is only being done on Mardi Gras and Celebration at this time, because otherwise the people standing in line for pizza would have to see all the people standing in line at guest services.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

That's not a good sign if there are so many people complaining that you need an appointment...

There's lots of reasons to visit guest services besides complaints as we all know... 🙂

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

That's not a good sign if there are so many people complaining that you need an appointment...

I hate standing anywhere, I welcome this for any QUESTIONS, I might have

Oops....cap lock....sorry

How that happen?

;)

And this is where FTTF has proven invaluable, at least to us, with the dedicated line!  Our last cruise on the Breeze (just before they brought back FTTF) the line for guest services always seemed to be at least 15 people deep whenever we passed by.  Sometimes it's just a simple question, but it's nice to be able to get an answer when the question/issue arises and not the next morning when the line is short.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tweak89 said:

And this is where FTTF has proven invaluable, at least to us, with the dedicated line!  Our last cruise on the Breeze (just before they brought back FTTF) the line for guest services always seemed to be at least 15 people deep whenever we passed by.  Sometimes it's just a simple question, but it's nice to be able to get an answer when the question/issue arises and not the next morning when the line is short.

Totally agree. On our last two Breeze cruises we had the peeling-card issue, and had to make multiple trips to GS to get new cards. *Definitely* missed having FTTF!! Glad to have it for our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

Even if it isn't complaining, excessive lines at guest services often means there is something wrong.  I mean, no one goes to guest services just to say "Hi" to the staff. I get that many things are due to problems or issues that are not Carnival's fault or responsibility (like "I left my shoes in the spa. Has anyone turned them in?" or "there is a drunk, naked guy streaking around the ship on the Lido deck") but sometimes they are--like "My toilet won't flush," "my shower doesn't work," "I don't think my sheets were changed from the last cruise," etc. 

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Even if it isn't complaining, excessive lines at guest services often means there is something wrong.  I mean, no one goes to guest services just to say "Hi" to the staff. I get that many things are due to problems or issues that are not Carnival's fault or responsibility (like "I left my shoes in the spa. Has anyone turned them in?" or "there is a drunk, naked guy streaking around the ship on the Lido deck") but sometimes they are--like "My toilet won't flush," "my shower doesn't work," "I don't think my sheets were changed from the last cruise," etc. 

Every cruise that we've been on (three cruise lines) have had lines at guest services throughout, particularly heavy when first boarding and the last day. I've been to Guest Services several times- twice for lost and found, a couple of times for charges on a bill that I didn't recognize or to find out about OBC that wasn't posted, once to find out what to do about a piece of luggage that was broken at embarkation (they just gave me a replacement bag, when I was expecting a form). I always try to time my visits for when no one is there, which is easy to do because they are open 24 hours and I wake up early.

32 minutes ago, CajunOyster said:

They're not ALL complaining.  Some are removing tips.

Funny, not funny.

I never understood why people do this. Hope i never reach that level of being unsatisfied on a cruise ship.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, mz-s said:

Pretty sure this is only being done on Mardi Gras and Celebration at this time, because otherwise the people standing in line for pizza would have to see all the people standing in line at guest services.

Funny thing is, Celebration had the quickest pizza line I've ever seen on a Carnival cruise. 

13 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Every cruise that we've been on (three cruise lines) have had lines at guest services throughout, particularly heavy when first boarding and the last day. I've been to Guest Services several times- twice for lost and found, a couple of times for charges on a bill that I didn't recognize or to find out about OBC that wasn't posted, once to find out what to do about a piece of luggage that was broken at embarkation (they just gave me a replacement bag, when I was expecting a form).

I've liked the fact that you don't have to visit GS on Carnival for some routine things that, in the past, I've had to stand in line for on Royal.  

Want to get your SeaPass card punched so you can wear it on a lanyard?  Go to Guest Services.  

Need to look up info on your folio and it's not on the TV?   Go to Guest Services, there are no kiosks for that like Carnival has. 

Want to get change for a $20?  Go to Guest Services AGAIN.  No kiosks.   

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FSHLOT said:

Funny, not funny.

I never understood why people do this. Hope i never reach that level of being unsatisfied on a cruise ship.

Sad thing is they remove tips not for service  but because they are CHEAP. 

• Like 3

I have spent time in the GS line on every one of my cruises over the last 18 years of cruising.  And I have NEVER reduced nor removed my gratuities.  Several times, in fact, I have been standing in that line to INCREASE my gratuities.  (How many of you judgmental people have done that?)  There are so many reasons someone can need the assistance of GS.  So, please, people, will you withhold your judgement on your fellow PAX standing in the GS line?  All this jumping to assumptions and negative judgments about others makes you appear to be ignorant jerks.   

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I have spent time in the GS line on every one of my cruises over the last 18 years of cruising.  And I have NEVER reduced nor removed my gratuities.  Several times, in fact, I have been standing in that line to INCREASE my gratuities.  (How many of you judgmental people have done that?)  There are so many reasons someone can need the assistance of GS.  So, please, people, will you withhold your judgement on your fellow PAX standing in the GS line?  All this jumping to assumptions and negative judgments about others makes you appear to be ignorant jerks.   

Are you saying no one removes tips in the GS line?  Because what *I* said was "SOME" of them are removing tips.  And unless you can convince us that NO ONE is removing tips, it's absolutely correct to say "some are removing tips".  Perhaps the subtle nuances of the word "some" were unclear?