Early morning coffee

SororitySue

You can order coffee for morning delivery the night before. From what I have gleaned on this forum there is no room service charge for this.

Or do you want the coffee delivered the night before? Would be kinda cold.....

• Like 2

I've heard mixed remarks lately.    Maybe a current Non-Suite can confirm.   In the past you had a door order hanger and could order breakfast for no surcharge.  Recently they implemented a surcharge for anything except Continental (Generally identified as Coffee / Tea/ Juice / Sweet Rolls / Muffins.    A full breakfast is now a 9.95 surcharge. 

I have read one message that said they no longer have the door hanger and you must call in your Room Service order.   This may have been only when first implemented.   But if they do have the door hangers you can put out the night before and designate deliver between 6:30-9:30 and it will be delivered to your room.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've heard mixed remarks lately.    Maybe a current Non-Suite can confirm.   In the past you had a door order hanger and could order breakfast for no surcharge.  Recently they implemented a surcharge for anything except Continental (Generally identified as Coffee / Tea/ Juice / Sweet Rolls / Muffins.    A full breakfast is now a 9.95 surcharge

I have read one message that said they no longer have the door hanger and you must call in your Room Service order.   This may have been only when first implemented.   But if they do have the door hangers you can put out the night before and designate deliver between 6:30-9:30 and it will be delivered to your room.

Just to clarify, there will be a surcharge for anything other a cont. breakfast.  Even if you just want bacon only, there will be a surcharge

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Just to clarify, there will be a surcharge for anything other a cont. breakfast.  Even if you just want bacon only, there will be a surcharge

Is the coffee included in the no - charge continental breakfast, or would requesting it bump you into the service charge realm?

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Thanks -  I was not aware of how they define a "Continental Breakfast"

The official definition is  listed below but often in Germanic countries it includes some meat products

The continental breakfast is a light option typically consisting of pastries and baked goods, fruits, toast, and coffee.

Curious if you have seen what is listed as Continental

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shipswap said:

The room service charge will really affect me as I always order breakfast on excursions days.  We have one cruise planned with Celebrity this summer but after that I might be looking to Holland America again.

If a $10 charge a few times a weeks gonna make you change to another line then maybe Celebrity wasn’t for you 

Most cruise lines now charge for room service delivery 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Room service is definitely something that effects some people more than others…

One thing I think a lot of cruisers will be doing this year are comparative spreadsheets of cruise lines. Simply looking at a standard veranda price across several lines is no good. You do have to see what comes with each to get a ‘real’ price. Room service charge is simply one of those commodities to add into the equation along with the cost of drinks, specialty restaurants etc.

Personally we have always preferred one of us to throw on shorts and T shirt and head to Cafe Al Bacio for quality coffees rather than order the standard coffees from room service. Even when we cruise in a suite where the butler will deliver specialty coffee we often simply collect ourselves…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LaCal said:

If a $10 charge a few times a weeks gonna make you change to another line then maybe Celebrity wasn’t for you 

Holland American doesn’t charge for basic room service.  Maybe Celebrity is becoming no better than Royal Caribbean since they seem to insist on changing their policies to match, only with higher prices.

maybe Royal Caribbean is for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, countess5 said:

image.jpeg.6e74a4949297e80b4aa6aa8d2b0ddbf7.jpeg

This was posted earlier this week from an individual on the Connie. The door hanger splits continental and premium breakfast. 

Cheers!

Thanks -  that makes it really clear -  Glad to hear they have the door hanger menu.

8 hours ago, LaCal said:

It’s not just the added fees that depress me, but the constant downgrading of what was basic amenities and services.  As someone who has cruised for decades, the experience of being nickel and dimed  is most annoying.  We just booked our fourth River Cruise and I must say that having ( most) everything included is refreshing. 

Just state the cost of the vacation experience, let me pay it and then enjoy the holiday.

• Like 2