Are people really paying big bucks for speciallty restaurants on Beyond?

REDSTRIPETYPE

7 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

"3 times higher"? Last time I cruised a year before Covid specialties I think were around $45-50. So you're saying they are now all at $135-150 per person?

No they are not 3 or 4 times higher. As an example - Eden is $60 plus 20% gratuity for $72.00 per person. Fine Cut Steakhouse is $65.00 plus 20% for $78.00 per person. The 20% gratuity is new within the past 3 or 4 months and the cover charge is up about $10-$15.00. More like a 40% increase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Taclin01 said:

I have an upcoming cruise on the Millennium...

We do something similar to you on the 'S' class ships and make Murano our MDR with a couple of Tuscans and Sushi depending on length of cruise, but Millennium is a bit of a problem with that approach as you only have Tuscan/Sushi/LPC...

Sorry but big disagreement with stated prices by RIC Cruisers!

Booked three a month ago to get desired day and time.

All prices CAD for 2 persons and this is why I am asking how so many people are paying these prices compared to what Murano and Tuscan Were/are

Le Voyage  $224

Steakhouse $192

Eden $177

On 1/26/2023 at 5:07 AM, Mark_T said:

Just did a quick comparison on a cruise we recently booked on Millennium, and for 12 nights, for 2 people it was $2100 increase in total for Aqua over a Veranda, both with AI.

We don't particularly like the Aqua menu and we would not use the spa, so for us it makes more sense to stay in the Veranda and spend a bit in Tuscan on the M class.

Previously we would have considered The Retreat on 'M' Class, as we did last time we were on Millennium, but at more than double the price of the Veranda for Luminae + premium drinks and Wifi, the numbers just don't make sense, so a few nights in Tuscan it will be...

I think ours was that much for 11 nights and the difference was about $2,000 at the AI rates. If it weren't M Class and Japan, I'd have booked a regular verandah cabin.  I figured out of 11 nights, one night we will eat in Kyoto and specialties for 2, leaving 8 in the MDR and just didn't like that split.  Also, with three days at sea ("cruising"), we'd use the Persian Garden and eat breakfast at Blu.  Right now, thinking of booking Panama Canal with either Oceania or on the Beyond.  That would be no Aqua.  Tough decision.

1 hour ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

All prices CAD for 2 persons and this is why I am asking how so many people are paying these prices compared to what Murano and Tuscan Were/are

Le Voyage  $224

Steakhouse $192

Eden $177

Yikes, all of those prices are pretty high.  What are they charging for specialty dining package of 5 nights?

• 3 weeks later...

We were on Beyond two weeks ago and dined in Eden and Le Voyage. Both were fully booked while we were there and we saw tables being turned over very quickly so new guests could be seated. We also dined at Le Grand Bistro for lunch on a port day. There were only a few other tables occupied. Like others, we did it in order to use up our OBC. I will say we found both Eden and Le Voyage to be fantastic. The new Eden menu is much improved over the original menu IMHO. 

Guest 4-2-N-8
5 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

how far ahead can a high tier suite make a specialty reservation? 

If you can do the Vulcan mind-meld like Spock, you can make reservations any time.

Otherwise, just contact your Retreat shoreside team and they will take care of you.

12 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

If you can do the Vulcan mind-meld like Spock, you can make reservations any time.

Otherwise, just contact your Retreat shoreside team and they will take care of you.

thats great, in haven i think it's 120 days out.  so celebrity is indeed better.

when i book ascent this month for my cruise end of next year. ill contact the retreat team to make sure i dont get blocked out of the good times.  id hate to have all these free restaurants and not have a chance to eat!

19 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

how far ahead can a high tier suite make a specialty reservation? 

If you have included specialty dining as a suite amenity the Shoreside Concierge will contact you a 1-2 weeks before sailing.  You can tell them what reservations you want and they will coordinate that with the ship. 

We are recently off Beyond (February 12) and used some of our OBC for Eden and Rooftop grill.  They were both very good meals but Eden was just amazing.  Our food was delicious and the service outstanding.  Would book it again in a second.

Thankful for all the specialties myself..not a MDR kinda guy.

I’m all for challenging my palette at times.  My Mom would have backhanded me when I was younger if I said I won’t eat this or that…I’m glad for it. 

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Thankful for all the specialties myself..not a MDR kinda guy.

I’m all for challenging my palette at times.  My Mom would have backhanded me when I was younger if I said I won’t eat this or that…I’m glad for it. 

My parents made me stay at the table all night when I wouldn’t eat something.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

Le Voyage  $224

Steakhouse $192

Eden $177

the CAD exchange rate isn't helping you vs USD

X charges what they think enough people will pay