Opinions on outfit needed

Jan_In_Maine

It has been many years since I have posted on the fashion boards.  I first found these boards back when I was researching our first cruise in celebration of our 30th anniversary.  Today I am posting as we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary and in April will be going on our 25th cruise – this time with all the “kids” and most of the grandkids going with us.  It will be a 7 day cruise to Bermuda … easy to get to departure port from Maine

The past few years have been interesting times for all …. So many cruises canceled and life changes for many.  Last year I was diagnosed with MBC, which they caught early, so I only ended up having to have  radiation for a few months.  As of a few weeks ago they have said that as of now they do not see any cancer at this time. 

Needless to say, this cruise will be a celebration with all the kids, and Ken & I have decided to do a vow renewal – it is important to us that all the kids understand what our life has been and still is, and how blessed we are.

So, after all the above, we have decided that our “wedding attire” will be very simple, no gowns, tuxes, etc.  Kids have been told they can attend wearing whatever clothes they are comfortable with.  Ken has a lovely red shirt that we found in Hawaii, and I want him to wear that with black slacks.  I am going to wear black slacks and a nice shirt/blouse.  I have found this top and would like to know what others think.  

https://alexevenings.com/collections/blouses/products/3-4-slv-scallop-hem

Thanks for listening - Jan

• Like 6

So glad to hear about your cruise...you won't regret it.

ESPECIALLY happy to hear you are currently cancer free! What a blessing.

Your story is the happy ending to a story my family knows all to well.

Go look fabulous in that gorgeous top!!

• Like 2

Hi Jan🙂we chatted on these boards all those years ago......Congrats on 50 years!🙂 that is pretty amazing!!!!  I think that top is beautiful and elegant and I bet you will look wonderful in it. I hope you and the family have an awesome cruise together! 

So your color scheme is black and red?  I personally wouldn't choose that for a wedding, but I do like the shirt you're considering. 

If he's going to wear a red shirt and you're wearing black and white, I think you should carry a bouquet of red flowers to tie your outfit to his.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Jan🙂we chatted on these boards all those years ago......Congrats on 50 years!🙂 that is pretty amazing!!!!  I think that top is beautiful and elegant and I bet you will look wonderful in it. I hope you and the family have an awesome cruise together! 

Lois - It is so nice to see that you are still on the boards - I miss the days of everyone talking and discussing all the different outfits!!!  Hope everything is going well for you!.  Take Care, Jan

• Like 1