Zenith benefits?

39august

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

I know that upon becoming Zenith you get a "free" veranda cruise and you get a cake and a bottle of wine. Now that Z's are no longer allowed in the Retreat lounge, is there any perk left of value?

Yeah, Zenith is overrated.  No need for free premium beverage and internet packages or laundry each cruise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yeah, Zenith is overrated.  No need for free premium beverage and internet packages or laundry each cruise.

It would be very nice if X would credit (refund, not give OBC)  the amounts of those 2 packages for Zeniths when booking the Retreat.

• Like 6

I’d happily take the beverage package, wi-fi and laundry book a veranda and use the savings to book specialty restaurants.  
In looking at prices in the past couple of weeks AI is adding $85-100 pp pd to the cruise.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

It would be very nice if X would credit (refund, not give OBC)  the amounts of those 2 packages for Zeniths when booking the Retreat.

I wonder if you could book through the Blue Chip Club in order to secure a Retreat room without the added perks?  They seem to have the ability to do that with comp and discount bookings.

To be honest -  If you are in Concierge and below you have some good perks -  Free High Speed Internet, Free Premium Drink Package and Free Laundry, no room service fee.

If in a suite you pretty much loose everything as you are forced to buy an all inclusive and the only perk is Free Laundry.   If in an Upper Suite you have the same benefit that a CC Preview Member would have. 

My understanding from the other fourm is they have also taken away the premium toiletries and Robes in non-suites

Welcome to the new world of Zenith.

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

My understanding from the other fourm is they have also taken away the premium toiletries and Robes in non-suites

It really depends on the ship. Zeniths are supposed to get "premium" bathroom amenities. On some ships that's Bigelow and on others it's Le Labo Santal 33. Some ships give a mid tier bathrobe and some give a Retreat bathrobe.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

To be honest -  If you are in Concierge and below you have some good perks -  Free High Speed Internet, Free Premium Drink Package and Free Laundry, no room service fee.

If in a suite you pretty much loose everything as you are forced to buy an all inclusive and the only perk is Free Laundry.   If in an Upper Suite you have the same benefit that a CC Preview Member would have. 

I wouldn't trust the other forum.  Upgraded toiletries are still a thing on Equinox

57 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

I wouldn't trust the other forum.  Upgraded toiletries are still a thing on Equinox

Only reporting what a Triple Zenith posted in the Zenith Only Group  -  He is also on CC so maybe he will weigh in.   I would expect if others had a different experience they would have called him on it.

I can not report directly as I haven't traveled anything except Suites.

Edited by Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

It really depends on the ship. Zeniths are supposed to get "premium" bathroom amenities. On some ships that's Bigelow and on others it's Le Labo Santal 33. Some ships give a mid tier bathrobe and some give a Retreat bathrobe.

I agree there are differences between ships.   Recent discussions have been on the unequal way they handle Zenith Lunches -   Some ships have them for as few as 4 and others recently (Apex noted) are not having them regardless of the number.   Solstice claimed it was a Miami decision and only 16 or more.

As a non-suite cruiser, I've still received various upgraded toiletries although last time it turned out I'm allergic to something in Bulgari shampoo so I'll keep bringing my own.  One very nice perk not on the list is the Z concierge phone number for fast solutions to any problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Tomorrow is your 15th anniversary on CC 

Will you have a cake 🤔😉😋🍰

Oh my goodness, I wasn’t even aware…

Thank you very much! 😊
Chocolate cake would be my preference. 😉

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences, as we have just made Zenith it has been very enlightening.

Congratulations on two milestones,  at least.  😎

• Thanks 1

My cake on Summit in 2021 looked like Jim's = yellow and blue.  Have no idea what it tasted like because I have celiac and CC gal never checked;  a GF cupcake would have been OK.  😉 Captain was startled when I declined my piece of the cake that we cut (think wedding cake).  Nevertheless, it was a wonderful and memorable day.  Afterwards, they kept showing up with more goodies too (flowers, good bubbly, ship replica, photo album, two framed photos, and I think some other stuff). 20230131_170010.thumb.jpg.de7a7be8920aabebe92f50da35bf041c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2