New website.

Riocca

On 5/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, kunnocat said:

After waiting In Australia for 1 hour on hold,  I have cancelled the cruise I booked.  I received an email acknowledging same. Am now waiting for refund which they say will take up to 30days. Will see how it goes.  Will be quick to lodge a note with credit card company if no refund appears. K

Received this on the 17th May

Hi K

Upon cancellation refunds are estimated to take around 10-14 working days, this is just the process I'm afraid. We understand your concern and we can only apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you. If you have not received your refund within a few days please do not hesitate to contact us back thanks

Azamara Customer Service.

Generic and well more than the 10-14 days.    Credit card has been contacted.   K

On 5/18/2023 at 10:22 AM, roger b said:

In my opinion, you are being too forgiving with a company that has had these issues for 4 months now. Personally, I see no reason why they cannot find a solution after all this time,  This is what I get when I try to get into my account Nothing has been fixed!!!

Sorry for the interruption

Cruise Planner is temporarily unavailable for the reservation you selected. Please wait at least 15 minutes, and then try again.

Good NEWS !!!! Received this from Azamara just now !!

I have now received a response from Azamara advising that the back to back onboard credit should be added soon as this has been sent to head office. Azamara has also advised that the onboard credit amount will be rectified once their system is back up and running efficiently.

53 minutes ago, roger b said:

Good NEWS !!!! Received this from Azamara just now !!

I have now received a response from Azamara advising that the back to back onboard credit should be added soon as this has been sent to head office. Azamara has also advised that the onboard credit amount will be rectified once their system is back up and running efficiently.

I just wonder when that will be!

• Like 3

I have absolutely nothing right on my account:  not the number of upcoming sailings, not my Circle points, none of the OBCs are correct. 

However, I wonder if all this abuse being heaped on Azamara is misdirected. Yes, they chose the vendor (evidently Versonix and their Seaware platform which apparently is pretty experienced) and ultimately it is therefore in their wheelhouse. 

But wow. It is almost like some expect Azamara employees to stay up all night and re-code the website and re-engineer the interface that brought the data over from RCCL. 

Want to know stress?  Be at Azamara dodging the flak caused by an incompetent vendor. And knowing there is no turning back. Only plunging forward hoping for progress. 

• Like 10

8 hours ago, ECCruise said:

However, I wonder if all this abuse being heaped on Azamara is misdirected. Yes, they chose the vendor (evidently Versonix and their Seaware platform which apparently is pretty experienced) and ultimately it is therefore in their wheelhouse. 

That works until you consider the issues that have been within Azamara's direct gift, like communication. That's also been very poor. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ECCruise said:

The pilot may be in charge of the boat, but the master remains accountable for the safety of the vessel.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

That works until you consider the issues that have been within Azamara's direct gift, like communication. That's also been very poor. 

Agreed.

But that is not what we are discussing here. The topic of this thread is "new website."

3 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Agreed.

But that is not what we are discussing here. The topic of this thread is "new website."

Which includes how it is communicated. Look at the content of many posts throughout the thread, including the one immediately above your post. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That is what "agreed" means.  

But the post above mine, and many others, have nothing to do with the website. And are thus off topic. That is my point, that we should stay on topic. 

Well you've done a great job of derailing it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

That is what "agreed" means.  

But the post above mine, and many others, have nothing to do with the website. And are thus off topic. That is my point, that we should stay on topic. 

Stop the bickering!

The concerns about paucity (and inaccuracy) of communication from Azamara are, surely, a direct consequence of the 'New Website'.

• Like 5

On 5/14/2023 at 12:34 PM, terry&mike said:

I just received a text from a client that said "I just got a $2000 credit from Azamara, what's that about?" I asked if the amount he received was for $2114.19, and he said yes. Ugg. Unfortunately, this is the amount of the Air on his reservation. There has been an error regarding the air on his reservation since the migration, which I've been trying to get corrected before the client noticed. I was finally able to communicate with someone at Azamara mid-week last week and was told that they would address the issue and get the air issue corrected.

Now the client has been refunded the money he paid for air, the air is still not corrected on the booking, Azamara will have to charge his cc again for the funds, and the client is left wondering what the heck is going on. He's cruised before but not with Azamara, and I was already giving him reassurances that the missing OBC on his booking would be re-instated, not to worry. Now this mess. 

As an update, I have been working with an Executive Account Rep to get this air issue sorted out. I feel I am making progress, but still have some way to go. 
In regards to the client refund, rep states they show that no money has been refunded to client, so they will need to look further into it. A couple of days later, account shows client now has a balance due, but it is not the correct amount (that was refunded). 
The booking no longer says Cruise Only, and instead says departure city Venice, this should be New Orleans, but it is Venice on the return, so I feel progress is being made. 

I don’t blame clients and other posters on this board for being disappointed and frustrated in not being able to use OBC to book excursions. The research and planning of a trip are part of the joy and anticipation of the trip. The vacation itself is so much more than the several days a person is actually away and traveling, it is the experience from the excitement of booking the trip initially through to the memories after one has returned home. Having a part of this taken away does dampen the experience, and it makes me feel bad for those who are unable to study and book excursions as they’d like to.

I also agree that the prices should not increase while guests are unable to book. In a normal environment, where guests can choose to book or wait, I’m okay with prices fluctuating to any amount that the cruise line wants, but in this setting it seems to be not pro-customer service leaning. 

I also don’t believe that telling someone to ‘calm down’ has ever resulted in any human ever actually calming down, and usually quite the opposite. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Just when you might think that things couldn't be handled any worse . . .

As a recap, we now sail in just a few weeks. We've gone through the "cruise doesn't show/then cruise shows but incorrectly reflects a massive balance due/now shows paid in full" cycle and are currently at the "can't book excursions because there's no pencil icon, and it also doesn't show OBC" phase.

A couple of weeks after submitting a form regarding excursions, they actually emailed me a brochure. Last week, to my surprise, I got a follow-up email from one of their customer service reps offering to arrange a time to call me and help book packages, excursions, etc. AWESOME!

I suggested a time last Friday and provided my phone number, and received a email back from the rep confirming that they would call me at the requested time. AWESOME-ER!!

Of course, the call never came, and we have not received any further communication despite my sending two gentle emails asking to reschedule.

I'd ring the 30-day priority call center so proudly touted by Carol Cabazas . . . but that phone number seems to be hidden away with the aliens in Area 51.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JYDCruise said:

I'd ring the 30-day priority call center so proudly touted by Carol Cabazas . . . but that phone number seems to be hidden away with the aliens in Area 51.

Yeah, for a long time, I wasn't getting any designated phone line for soon-sailing cruises.  But in just the last day or so, it has appeared as option 2 when I've called the main number. Now, I only hope Azamara boots anyone who presses #2 who does NOT have a cruise before June 22. 

• Like 3

Oh dear, I went to my account today to check my OBC and now I have no upcoming cruises!!

I was thrilled last week that the fictitious  amount owing had been removed, I didn't care that my points were wrong and was happy to wait till onboard to sort other glitches, so frustrating.

After trying the usual refresh and using other platforms, I've sent another form, I sail in 4 weeks so time to sort it and for it to disappear again 🙃

30 minutes ago, G2G said:

Oh dear, I went to my account today to check my OBC and now I have no upcoming cruises!!

I was thrilled last week that the fictitious  amount owing had been removed, I didn't care that my points were wrong and was happy to wait till onboard to sort other glitches, so frustrating.

After trying the usual refresh and using other platforms, I've sent another form, I sail in 4 weeks so time to sort it and for it to disappear again 🙃

Same has happened to my account but I wouldn’t worry too much as it’s happened a few times before and come back with updates.

Remember that any maintenance and /or updates are being done overnight US time so given the amount of work being done we are bound to see the effects this side of the Pond.

I thought I'd have a look at some potential cruises.

Here's the excursion for a Med cruise when it calls at Livorno for Florence & Pisa ...

This is not just system migration issue - this is how it appears on a brand new booking!

image.thumb.png.1d3d19e3460b1af77fec97faf5c499c8.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

11 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

I thought I'd have a look at some potential cruises.

Here's the excursion for a Med cruise when it calls at Livorno for Florence & Pisa ...

This is not just system migration issue - this is how it appears on a brand new booking!

image.thumb.png.1d3d19e3460b1af77fec97faf5c499c8.png

Give them a break it’s been a hard days night to put that day tripper in a yellow submarine to please please me 😀🎶

• Like 2
  • Haha 18

We embark in Barcelona in 10 days.  Yesterday I received through the post, from my TA, a Guest Ticket Booklet, similar than I have had before with itinerary details, a list of the booked shore excursions. plus check in vouchers with bar codes.

I have previously received email confirmation of my correct OBC despite this not showing online.

I am confident everything onboard will be excellent as always.

• Like 4