New website.

Riocca

30 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

I'm on the same sailing.  I don't have any travel documents and I'm not going to worry about it - I'll just show up at the terminal and then it's their problem.  I'm dealing with OBC and shore excursion issues.  I booked direct so at least I can get through on the phone lines now.  From my understanding they are having a problem with shore excursions being deducted from OBC as the system is calculating Canadian dollars and US dollars at par.  They' are supposed to be working on a fix. I'm not holding my breath!

Canadian dollars at par with US dollars? That doesn’t sound like a “problem” to me. 😀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nordski said:

Canadian dollars at par with US dollars? That doesn’t sound like a “problem” to me. 😀

It is when they are deducting the Canadian dollar value off the US dollar value.  I had $700 USD OBC and they were deducting the Canadian price off of that like it was on par.

Edited by Toronto Guy

2 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

It is when they are deducting the Canadian dollar value off the US dollar value.  I had $700 USD OBC and they were deducting the Canadian price off of that like it was on par.

Ahhh, now I see the problem.

Thanks for the explanation and I apologize for my post.

Finally got the points from my March cruise.Don’t know if it was the 3rd(1 month ago) or the 4th request (2 days ago) which did it but at least it now shows my change in loyalty tier. Might now be looking to book! Seaware app is still wrong though with zero points!

Edited by killaypirate
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, killaypirate said:

Finally got the points from my March cruise.Don’t know if it was the 3rd(1 month ago) or the 4th request (2 days ago) which did it but at least it now shows my change in loyalty tier. Might now be looking to book! Seaware app is still wrong though with zero points!

My March points have now magically appeared too!!

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

My March points have now magically appeared too!!

Glad your March points appeared- our 3  April cruises also just appeared. Now if they will just credit our Feb cruise, we will be caught up.  They originally credited everyone on Feb 12 cruise with 0 points- said this was necessary to keep us from getting unwarranted points on Celebrity for Feb cruises. They said they would go back and hand credit everyone correct points after the IT break off, but so far nada. 

• Like 1

I sincerely hope everyone gets the points they have earned. I imagine they will, eventually. 

I just logged in, and my points have gone up by 10. I don't know why. My last Azamara cruise was over a year ago. I imagine these unearned points will go away. I'm not going to call in and have someone spend time clawing back these points when the priority right now should be getting earned points credited correctly, especially for those who are on the cusp of moving up a level. At 884 (874) points, I'm unlikely to ever reach the next level, and I'm well past the threshold for my current level. It's not worth worrying about.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

I sincerely hope everyone gets the points they have earned. I imagine they will, eventually. 

I just logged in, and my points have gone up by 10. I don't know why. My last Azamara cruise was over a year ago. I imagine these unearned points will go away. I'm not going to call in and have someone spend time clawing back these points when the priority right now should be getting earned points credited correctly, especially for those who are on the cusp of moving up a level. At 884 (874) points, I'm unlikely to ever reach the next level, and I'm well past the threshold for my current level. It's not worth worrying about.

I logged in yesterday and noticed that my points had gone up by 11 – which represent the 11 Celebrity PUP points from December through February.  I hadn't complained about not getting those on Azamara because I wasn't sure PUPs were really part of the deal, but it does fit that our Azamara accounts should mirror the point total on Celebrity at the end of February – and this must mean that RCG finally told Azamara about these points.

The fact that it happened (to both of us) without asking is IMO the best sign that Azamara is working through the mess and will eventually get there!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last week my loyalty points changed….probably for the 20th time.  Still wrong and I’m tired of filling out “the form”.  We did not get credit yet for our April 1 Japan cruise.  I was hoping everything would be correct by the time we board in 8 days.  We are due free nights, but if our loyalty points are not updated we won’t get to book while onboard.  We were supposed to get credit back to our credit card for several tours and they were supposed to take from our OBC…… never happened.  This has been going on too long. 

49 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

Last week my loyalty points changed….probably for the 20th time.  Still wrong and I’m tired of filling out “the form”.  We did not get credit yet for our April 1 Japan cruise.  I was hoping everything would be correct by the time we board in 8 days.  We are due free nights, but if our loyalty points are not updated we won’t get to book while onboard.  We were supposed to get credit back to our credit card for several tours and they were supposed to take from our OBC…… never happened.  This has been going on too long. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if your loyalty points show up as correct once onboard. Fingers crossed for you that it will be so, and you can book your future cruise!

7 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

We were on the same cruise as you, our points also changed this time.  Correct number but wrong class (in our favour).  We also received our FCC for our friends first Azamara who came with us.  Things seem to be happening!

41 minutes ago, lexdisic said:

Due to the current account problems, I am unable to book the "Experience More - Essentials " package for our upcoming cruise. Am I able to book this once on board ?

TIA

Yes! If you want to use OBC I think it is the easiest way at the moment.

If not log in and got to "Manage my reserveration"

Click on the edit symbol in the section "Add ons"1.thumb.PNG.c2eb58bd9bbb2105ae6ae7eb26e13cd8.PNG

then click "Available"

2.thumb.PNG.2a06b061153ddccc6a8eeeb5af57430f.PNG

There you can book it like the excursions.

23 minutes ago, beatnix said:

Yes! If you want to use OBC I think it is the easiest way at the moment.

If not log in and got to "Manage my reserveration"

Click on the edit symbol in the section "Add ons"1.thumb.PNG.c2eb58bd9bbb2105ae6ae7eb26e13cd8.PNG

then click "Available"

2.thumb.PNG.2a06b061153ddccc6a8eeeb5af57430f.PNG

There you can book it like the excursions.

Thanks for that - I'm able to get to the booking add on page but it won't accept payment on my account as it and my DW account shows we have no cruises booked - the information on our profile is from several years ago which was supposedly updated last year and has gone astray.  Our OBC has disappeared. I'm reluctant to pay for anything at the moment due to the present situation with the account mess, so its good to know we can do it all on board. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Just an update…

This morning (July 27), I had a reply from guest relations to a form that I sent on May 5 (you know, the one where they say they will reply in 3-5 business days). They are so sorry that our points and status have not been updated and they will forward my info to Loyalty. In the meantime, I had to already pay final payment (or lose our cruise). We did not receive our correct discount for booking on board and the OBC is still incorrect. Our TA would not make any effort to get this corrected before we had to make final payment. We got screwed, but learned a lesson. We have 2 more cruises we want to book, but no way until this fiasco is improved…. And never with a TA again. Anyhoo, just wanted to give an update of when we got a reply to a May 5 inquiry. And our points and status are still incorrect.

6 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Just an update…

This morning (July 27), I had a reply from guest relations to a form that I sent on May 5 (you know, the one where they say they will reply in 3-5 business days). They are so sorry that our points and status have not been updated and they will forward my info to Loyalty. In the meantime, I had to already pay final payment (or lose our cruise). We did not receive our correct discount for booking on board and the OBC is still incorrect. Our TA would not make any effort to get this corrected before we had to make final payment. We got screwed, but learned a lesson. We have 2 more cruises we want to book, but no way until this fiasco is improved…. And never with a TA again. Anyhoo, just wanted to give an update of when we got a reply to a May 5 inquiry. And our points and status are still incorrect.

We book direct and have had similar problems with our October booking, absolutely no pressure from Azamara to make final payment until the booking was corrected. It was actually yesterday at 69 days out that we were able to make the final payment, Azamara have said they won’t be automatically cancelling any cruises at the moment and your TA should have been aware of this.

Our problems were caused partially by incorrect information transferred from RC and partially lack of familiarity with the new system within Azamara. We were probably in a better situation being able to deal with one person in Azamara than through a travel agent who would have probably pressured us to make a final payment £000’s above the correct amount.

Our circular nightmare continues regarding changing a booking due for payment 

agent calls in my presence 

call handler advises I not TA should email in

Email 1 sent - no reply

Email 2 sent 14 days later - auto reply saying if it’s urgent to call

Call made advised it’s a TA booking the agent has to call

Agent calls - I was not present this time but I believe the outcome was I have to email in

I will be shortly and rather than reworking the booking this will be to cancel 25 days onboard. I will lose the deposits, it leaves a bad taste as this is not how Azamara used to be but we move on.

In the meantime the TA is confirming a new booking around the rework we needed with an alternative cruise line. We could not wait. After this weekend my cancellation penalty would have been far higher. 

36 minutes ago, uktog said:

Email 1 sent - no reply

Agent calls - I was not present this time but I believe the outcome was I have to email in

I will be shortly and rather than reworking the booking this will be to cancel 25 days onboard. I will lose the deposits, it leaves a bad taste as this is not how Azamara used to be but we move on.

In the meantime the TA is confirming a new booking around the rework we needed with an alternative cruise line. We could not wait. After this weekend my cancellation penalty would have been far higher. 

That is a terrible way to treat someone who has been a long time supporter of Azamara. I hope the situation improves soon, but we have all been saying that since March!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Email 1 sent - no reply

TA should be able to call on the U.K. trade support team who can make things happen, new U.K. call centre is fine for simple things but they have only been with Azamara for approximately three months and refer anything unusual to Wichita who are snowed under.

We have recently had a nightmare of Azamara’s making with a booking that’s a little out of the ordinary. Although we’re direct bookers we still know some of the personnel from the old days and the situation was resolved quickly, these are the people travel agents should be using to resolve problems.

28 minutes ago, Riocca said:

TA should be able to call on the U.K. trade support team who can make things happen, new U.K. call centre is fine for simple things but they have only been with Azamara for approximately three months and refer anything unusual to Wichita who are snowed under.

We have recently had a nightmare of Azamara’s making with a booking that’s a little out of the ordinary. Although we’re direct bookers we still know some of the personnel from the old days and the situation was resolved quickly, these are the people travel agents should be using to resolve problems.

As I understand they did. Their call they say was not returned 

35 minutes ago, uktog said:

As I understand they did. Their call they say was not returned 

I can’t for one minute defend Azamara because what happened to us just shouldn’t be possible yet it happened and I was able to deal with it immediately and save the situation.

But I think back to the days of Richard Twynam when many of us in the U.K. used Richard to solve problems. Back then we booked with a friend with many years experience in the cruise industry who was working for one of the big online agents, if we had a problem he always recommended contacting Richard ourselves as if he passed it to his companies customer service department it could be weeks before they got around to dealing with it. 
Had our booking been with such a travel agent we could easily have lost our cruise and been £000’s out of pocket.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G2G said:

That is a terrible way to treat someone who has been a long time supporter of Azamara. I hope the situation improves soon, but we have all been saying that since March!!!

I agree, and I’m so sorry that you have been going through this, Ann.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

I can’t for one minute defend Azamara because what happened to us just shouldn’t be possible yet it happened and I was able to deal with it immediately and save the situation.

But I think back to the days of Richard Twynam when many of us in the U.K. used Richard to solve problems. Back then we booked with a friend with many years experience in the cruise industry who was working for one of the big online agents, if we had a problem he always recommended contacting Richard ourselves as if he passed it to his companies customer service department it could be weeks before they got around to dealing with it. 
Had our booking been with such a travel agent we could easily have lost our cruise and been £000’s out of pocket.

Just wondering what happened to Richard Twynam.  He did join Scenic, which pleased me because Scenic is another favourite of mine.  We are going to a Scenic presentation in a few days and I enquired if he would be there but apparently he has departed Scenic after just a few months.

7 hours ago, Riocca said:

We book direct and have had similar problems with our October booking, absolutely no pressure from Azamara to make final payment until the booking was corrected. It was actually yesterday at 69 days out that we were able to make the final payment, Azamara have said they won’t be automatically cancelling any cruises at the moment and your TA should have been aware of this.

Our problems were caused partially by incorrect information transferred from RC and partially lack of familiarity with the new system within Azamara. We were probably in a better situation being able to deal with one person in Azamara than through a travel agent who would have probably pressured us to make a final payment £000’s above the correct amount.

The pressure was definitely from our TA to make final payment. What could I do if I didn't want to pay cancellation and lose our cruises? I was stuck. I made a mistake listening to this board about the glories of using a TA and caved in last year. I have very well handled our travel arrangements for years. Anyway, I'm going to try to let this go and move on.... I KNOW we will have a fabulous time, sailing for 23 nights. Hopefully, this mess is over by the time we board and we can make our future bookings on board, definitely removing the TA from any future bookings. (Yes, I have disgust for the TA who promised me in writing, OBC from her agency and now is refusing.)