Has anyone stayed in a Sky Suite with the Magic Carpet zooming past?

Sigyn

I'm looking at summer 2024 cruises and wondering if anyone has experienced the Magic Carpet Sky Suite - it's a bit less expensive than a regular Sky Suite, but you have the Magic Carpet going past on occasion. What is that like? Has anyone here been in one of those suites and lived to tell the tale? 

1 minute ago, njsmom said:

I'm looking at summer 2024 cruises and wondering if anyone has experienced the Magic Carpet Sky Suite - it's a bit less expensive than a regular Sky Suite, but you have the Magic Carpet going past on occasion. What is that like? Has anyone here been in one of those suites and lived to tell the tale? 

Nope they all perished at sea! 😂

• Haha 6

It doesn’t zoom past it moves slowly and very quietly. However, at least in the end suites we could feel a vibration, not bad but noticeable.

It doesn’t move often ( 2x in 14 days for us) and it has no one on it when it moves up or down.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Here is a video from our balcony when it was moving.    We were fortunate to be there when it happened.  There is a large space between the rail and the Magic Carpet to protect anyone from losing any part of their body when it moves 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, D C said:

Unless your itinerary has a tender port, it stays up top the entire time. 

This.  My first Edge cruise (pre-Covid) they moved it around a lot and sometimes had it lower on 4 or 5 and other times had it high.  Since then they've always had it on 12/14 unless using it for tender operations.

• Like 1

These S3 sky suites are a great way to use the Retreat amenities and Luminae at the most reasonable price for these E-class ships.  So what if the Magic Carpet deck goes past once or twice a cruise?  You might not even be in your cabin when it is moved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miched said:

Here is a video from our balcony when it was moving.    We were fortunate to be there when it happened.  There is a large space between the rail and the Magic Carpet to protect anyone from losing any part of their body when it moves 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Interesting! I thought people were on it when it moved. I did see some pictures where there were orange boxes on the side of people's balconies in the Magic Balcony suites. Were those a distraction from the view? 

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Interesting! I thought people were on it when it moved. I did see some pictures where there were orange boxes on the side of people's balconies in the Magic Balcony suites. Were those a distraction from the view? 

The orange boxes do obstruct the view a little.  It is  not small maybe 30"x 30"

As mentioned the orange wall has a window so you do have a view forward, in fact you can see into the cabins 2-3 cabins next to you and of course people in those suites can see through the window into your balcony.

2 hours ago, CruisinBanka said:

Curious if anybody that have stayed in these Magic Carpet Sky Suites have experienced any noise from the Magic Carpet Lounge on their decks or in their cabins? It was always a concern of ours when considering booking one. 

We never heard the Magic Carpet, even though it did move.  We were at the top, in the furthest back cabin, sheltered from a massive rainstorm.

Our problem was the last night, they decided to pressure wash the pool deck from about 12:30am to 5:30am.  My travel partner was unable to sleep from the noise, and therefore, we are unable to recommend this Apex cabin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

The video was taken in a corner  suite.   

If other people can see you, you can also see them.   The windows are usually fogged by a mist.  the window wasn’t an issue. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

We never heard the Magic Carpet, even though it did move.  We were at the top, in the furthest back cabin, sheltered from a massive rainstorm.

Our problem was the last night, they decided to pressure wash the pool deck from about 12:30am to 5:30am.  My travel partner was unable to sleep from the noise, and therefore, we are unable to recommend this Apex cabin.

Oh geez. five hours of pressure washing noise? That's quite a nuisance. 

On 2/6/2023 at 5:31 AM, njsmom said:

The "zooming" of the Magic Carpet is listed as an air conditioner benefit for your cabin.  Be grateful. 

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2023 at 8:31 AM, njsmom said:

We were discouraged from booking a room near the Magic Carpet by our Celebrity Cruise Planner.  She booked the room on the other side for us.