Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen

Scotico

We did the lunch December Odyssey..YUM! $20.99   Didn''t notice the filet, but I ordered one of the best Pasta Carbonaras I've ever eaten and hubs had lasagna...the lady next to us had some kind of steak and a stuffed meatball she was raving about...one of the best specialty dinners we've ever had onboard.  Dessert was delish as well.  This is from the wine bar.

Giovanni's menu.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm looking. Lunch is 16.99

Anyone know the menu for lunch. I'm not a huge Italian fan, but like the dinner filet. 

Now that’s a fantastic price. 

ETA Glad I saw your post. Looks like it is on sale for national pizza day. I just booked it for lunch on embarkation day for our March Anthem cruise. $100 for five people!.

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Anyone know the menu for lunch. I'm not a huge Italian fan, but like the dinner filet. 

“Welcome to Jamie’s Italian.We’re all about beautifully sourced ingredients & simply cooked Italian comfort food that makes you happy. I really hope you enjoy your meal!”

LUNCH MENU

STARTERS

FRESH PASTA

We also serve pasta in smaller portions – just ask!

PENNE POMODORO

Simple, delicious tomato & basil sauce with creamy burrata

TAGLIATELLE BOLOGNESE

Rich pork, beef & red wine ragù with aged parmesan

OUR FAMOUS PRAWN LINGUINE Garlicky prawns, tomatoes, shaved fennel, saffron, chilli & arugula

CREAMY PENNE CARBONARA Smoky pancetta, egg, cracked black pepper & parmesan

TRUFFLE TAGLIATELLE

Truffle cream, fresh truffle & nutmeg

WE’RE PROUD OF OUR PRODUCERS

WE WORK HARD TO MAKE YOUR JAMIE’S ITALIAN EXPERIENCE A LITTLE BIT SPECIAL, WHICH IS WHY W E S O U R C E T H E V E R Y
B E S T I N G R E D I E N T S

MAINS

JI BURGER*

Juicy prime beef in a brioche bun with smoky pancetta, sticky balsamic onions, aged Cheddar, tomato, mostarda di Cremona burger sauce & fries

EGGPLANT PARMIGIANA Balsamic-roasted eggplant, tomato & basil sauce,

mozzarella & veggie parmesan

PAN-ROASTED SALMON*
Sustainable salmon with a rich shellfish, tomato & white wine stew, topped with garlicky aioli

BAKED LASAGNE
Slow-cooked beef & pork with herbs & wine baked in an oozy Béchamel sauce with tomatoes, mozzarella & parmesan

calabrian CHICKEN
Fiery free-range chicken breast from White Oak Pastures farm, in a tomato, black olive & caper sauce with arugula, parmesan & your choice of side

JamIe’s CAESAR SALAD Chargrilled White Oak Pastures free-range chicken breast with crunchy romaine lettuce, creamy dressing & smoky pancetta

The Harris family at White Oak Pastures have been raising livestock on the same South Georgia farm for six generations. They pride themselves on their traditional farming methods that safeguard the well-being of their animals, land and community.

SIDES

CRISPY POLENTA CHIPS Rosemary & parmesan

arugula & PARMESAN SALAD
Aged balsamic

SEASONAL GREENS Garlic & lemon

funky FRIES Parsley & garlic

POSH

FRIES

Truffle & parmesan  

our famous MEAT PLANK*

San Daniele prosciutto, Tuscan fennel salami, ’Nduja Artisans coppa piccante & pistachio mortadella with tomato crostini, bocconcini mozzarella, pecorino Sardo & chilli jam, focaccia, olives & pickles

Our delicately spicy coppa piccante is made for us by ’Nduja Artisans, a family-run Salumeria based in Chicago. Their focus is on simplicity & quality – they only use premium higher-welfare pork from small, independent farmers.

CREAMY BURRATA

With slow-roasted tomatoes, carta di musica & arugula

CRISPY SQUID

Fried & served with lemon & garlic mayo, always sustainably sourced

BLACK TRUFFLE ARANCINI

Crispy black truffle & mozzarella risotto balls with truffled Béchamel for dipping

GARLICKY PRAWNS

Cooked with herby garlic butter, chilli & crunchy ciabatta

ULTIMATE GARLIC BREAD Warm artisan buttermilk buns, herby garlic butter, veggie parmesan & rosemary

TOMATO BRUSCHETTA

Slow-roasted tomatoes, bocconcini mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic & basil

KIDS’ MENU AVAILABLE

JUST ASK YOUR SERVER

*Consuming raw or undercooked meats, seafood, shellfish, eggs or poultry may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.
Please inform your waiter if you have any food allergies, intolerances or dietary needs. Royal Caribbean International galleys are not food-allergen-free environments. For further allergen information, please ask your waiter. An 18% gratuity will be added for certain ports or itineraries. VAT may apply for certain ports or itineraries.

Wife had the chicken

.......................Wife had the chicken,  I had the burger, we were able to get the lasagna as a shared main.............

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If you go to where you booked it, there is a Sample Menu link there that shows the lunch menu. 

image.thumb.png.da10b1822f9e9f0391d16479ecfe9720.png

Clicking on that link takes you here 

image.thumb.png.74931888df3dd42c6142eb6d6846253e.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk why but even your link says Jamie's. But I'm booked. Yea. 

Because there is no Giovanni's on Harmony but there is a Jamie's. 

Guess I got confused on which restaurant they wanted the menu for.  Sorry.

32 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Because there is no Giovanni's on Harmony but there is a Jamie's. 

Guess I got confused on which restaurant they wanted the menu for.  Sorry.

For those who havent looked. Giovanni is on a one day sale. Ends for me in 1 hour 19 minutes going out of miami. Giovanni is on sale. 16.99 for lunch plus tips. 20.04 oasis. 

Jamie's is not on sale. Dinner is 25% off, lunch 30% off on mine. Ends at midnight. 

20230209_214044263.jpeg

Sorry if I led to the confusion earlier. I'm only used to one Italian restaurant on any given ship so I confuse Giovanni's for Jamie's.  I booked Jamie's with the discount today.  $20 pp including gratuity.  Can't wait.  In all our cruises with Royal we've never done specialty (never felt the need).  We still don't feel the need but just for fun we booked Chops Lunch, Jamie's lunch, and Wonderland dinner on our upcoming cruise on the Anthem in March.  Maybe because I'm not used to getting on a ship when it's cold and need something else to balance that negative?  Hmm...

I indirectly paid around $30 (through the 3-night dining package) and thought it was worth it, even for lunch.

My friend and I got appetizers and one of every pasta.  They were all very good; our favorites were the pomodoro and Bolognese (although the white-sauce pastas were good too, just heavier).

I would not hesitate to go again.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, BecciBoo said:

We did the lunch December Odyssey..YUM! $20.99   Didn''t notice the filet, but I ordered one of the best Pasta Carbonaras I've ever eaten and hubs had lasagna...the lady next to us had some kind of steak and a stuffed meatball she was raving about...one of the best specialty dinners we've ever had onboard.  Dessert was delish as well.  This is from the wine bar.

Giovanni's menu.jpg

Agree about the Carbonara

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sianli said:

The poster asked about Giovannis Italuan Kitchen which is not Giovannis. It has pizza and a very different menu than above and is only on 3 ships. We ate there multiple times while on Odyssey. 

Wow, learn something new everyday.  I had no idea there were two different Giovanni's.  Good info, thanks!

On 2/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, firefly333 said:

We always try and start with Giovanni's (or Jamie's, depending on the ship) for lunch on embarkation day.  It is just such a civilized way to start any cruise.    16.99 is a good price.  

• Like 2

Just now, Tree_skier said:

We always try and start with Giovanni's (or Jamie's, depending on the ship) for lunch on embarkation day.  It is just such a civilized way to start any cruise.    16.99 is a good price.  

Looking forward to it. Helen and marty who I'm sure you remember also booked it for lunch. For bellas cruise.  You work too much lol. We missed you last dec. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Looking forward to it. Helen and marty who I'm sure you remember also booked it for lunch. For bellas cruise.  You work too much lol. We missed you last dec. 

Yeah I'll be on oasis the week before you now.  I was disappointed we had to change.  We'll be on Harmony with you all in December.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

Both Giovanni's and the kitchen are at the same location feet apart and all the food comes out of the same kitchen.  The Kitchen is really part of Giovanni's Wine Bar and their menu is mainly tapas type bites to go with the wine while the restaurant that does the lunch is full service.  Both menus are tasty.  We spoke with the manager there and he pretty much gave us the low down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Are you allowed to order more than one appetizer and entree or dessert? I've been watching

reviews on youtube and only one person said you can. Not sure if that is true.

1 hour ago, kelbell said:

Are you allowed to order more than one appetizer and entree or dessert? I've been watching

reviews on youtube and only one person said you can. Not sure if that is true.

Yeah you can order quite a bit.  The menu will have and app section, a pasta section, a main section and sides.  You'll also have a selection of deserts.

I think the only restriction is you can't order two mains.  I have ordered an app, a pasta, a main and sides.  The waiter, without us asking, then brought a second pasta because I was undecided about which one to choose.  You will not leave hungry, I promise you that.

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Both Giovanni's and the kitchen are at the same location feet apart and all the food comes out of the same kitchen.  The Kitchen is really part of Giovanni's Wine Bar and their menu is mainly tapas type bites to go with the wine while the restaurant that does the lunch is full service.  Both menus are tasty.  We spoke with the manager there and he pretty much gave us the low down.

It depends what ship you are on.  Royal Caribbean has two versions of the restaurant Giovanni's.

The newer version is Giovanni's Italian Kitchen and Wine Bar. (Freedom, Wonder, Odyssey)  Here is its Menu:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/menu/GiovannisDinner.pdf

The older version of Giovanni's is Giovanni's Table.   Here is its Menu:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/menus/giovannis-table-menu-sample.pdf

Edited by Longhorn Cruiser