COVID Restrictions dropped

sidari

1 hour ago, sidari said:

According to the MSC Italian website restrictions will be dropped from February 12th apart from USA sailings and Chinese nationals.

I think the grand voyages and works cruises seem to still have very high requirements still 

this is the wording on the page relating to my Northern Europe cruise in early March.

"Starting from February 12, 2023 Guests are no longer required to provide a COVID-19 vaccination certificate or test (all Guests arriving or in transit from China or Hong Kong, are requested to submit a negative Antigen/PCR test result performed within 48 hours before departure, in compliance with the regulation of landing country)."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

I thought USA sailings didn't have any restrictions anymore?

Divina cruises stopping in Columbia still have vaccination or a negative test required.

ETA:  Also Grand Voyages from the US require vaccination for 12 years old and up.  Plus testing for 5 yo and up.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

I thought USA sailings didn't have any restrictions anymore?

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What does “apart from USA sailings and Chinese nationals” mean? 

I am guessing for Chinese Nationals plus the USA still has restrictions on those who have not had the jab and are currently prevented from entering the US.

• Thanks 1

Just got an email in regards to this today, a relief considering my two young daughters are not vaccinated and i didnt want to do a COVID test on an 8 and 6 year old

my sister went on a cruise from Southampton and they didnt bother with the tests or the certificates as they knew they were dropping them completely tommorow

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Até said:

Also Grand Voyages from the US require vaccination for 12 years old and up.  Plus testing for 5 yo and up.

I’m hoping the testing requirement for Grand Voyages ends before my May cruise from Miami to Barcelona on May 15. I am on the Seascape May 7 - 14 and don’t want to have to find a place to test as soon as I get off the ship so I can board the TA the next day. If still required, I can hopefully use an online proctored test, if those are still offered and accepted. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1trainer1 said:

Just got an email in regards to this today, a relief considering my two young daughters are not vaccinated and i didnt want to do a COVID test on an 8 and 6 year old

my sister went on a cruise from Southampton and they didnt bother with the tests or the certificates as they knew they were dropping them completely tommorow

when do you go? We go in 3 weeks and haven't had an email yet. 

1 hour ago, elmsliebev said:

when do you go? We go in 3 weeks and haven't had an email yet. 

If you are from the UK the info is on their site, same should be true for other Countries.

MSC REMOVE COVID - BREAKING NEWS 
Mediterranean, Norway, Red Sea, Dubai and Southern Caribbean (Barbados) - Starting from 12 February (departure date) for all guests of any age it will be no longer required to be fully vaccinated against covid-19 or to bring pre-boarding test.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All guests arriving or in transit from China or Hong Kong, are requested to submit a negative test result (Antigen/PCR) performed within 48 hours before departure, in compliance with the regulation of landing country

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidari said:

If you are from the UK the info is on their site, same should be true for other Countries.

Mediterranean, Norway, Red Sea, Dubai and Southern Caribbean (Barbados) - Starting from 12 February (departure date) for all guests of any age it will be no longer required to be fully vaccinated against covid-19 or to bring pre-boarding test.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All guests arriving or in transit from China or Hong Kong, are requested to submit a negative test result (Antigen/PCR) performed within 48 hours before departure, in compliance with the regulation of landing country

thanks, yes i've seen the info on the site. Was just wondering if you were going soon and the emails were being sent out in any order. No matter. 

Edited by elmsliebev

4 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

thanks, yes i've seen the info on the site. Was just wondering if you were going soon and the emails were being sent out in any order. No matter. 

Our sailing is the end of April, not sure MSC will email every customer.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2023 at 4:02 PM, sidari said:

Dave, can you post a link, please?   I can’t locate it (nor on the new Ireland site - though no surprise there 🙄). 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Is this still so? Do Grand voyages still require COVID tests?
Ivi

Yes, as of now, for those on Grand Voyages from the US. Hoping this changes by May. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/grand-voyages-msc-world-cruise

1F9276F7-7DF1-4867-907A-76489CDAAE45.png

Edited by JT1962
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 1:25 AM, travelberlin said:

Yes, and the web page in relation to COVID it is from December 9th.

Ivi

That’s because this particular requirement hasn’t been changed/updated since then, Ivi (unlike other requirements, which have since been dropped).  I’m hoping they’ll drop it before our sailing on March 27th, but am not very optimistic.   

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:38 AM, JT1962 said:

I’m hoping the testing requirement for Grand Voyages ends before my May cruise from Miami to Barcelona on May 15. I am on the Seascape May 7 - 14 and don’t want to have to find a place to test as soon as I get off the ship so I can board the TA the next day. If still required, I can hopefully use an online proctored test, if those are still offered and accepted. 

So you are taking 2 different MSC cruises in a row.  We did that and we had MSC do our test in the infirmary. $25 cash each.  We also used them for our flight home test as well.

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

That’s because this particular requirement hasn’t been changed/updated since then, Ivi (unlike other requirements, which have since been dropped).  I’m hoping they’ll drop it before our sailing on March 27th, but am not very optimistic.   

Let’s hope… our Grand Voyage is at the beginning of April and it is becoming more and more difficult to find a place for the test.

Ivi

58 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Let’s hope… our Grand Voyage is at the beginning of April and it is becoming more and more difficult to find a place for the test.

Ivi

Which one are you doing?   At least we can get the test done at home as we’re only travelling out the day prior to embarkation.   Still, it’s a bit of a nuisance to have to have it done.  

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Which one are you doing?   At least we can get the test done at home as we’re only travelling out the day prior to embarkation.   Still, it’s a bit of a nuisance to have to have it done.  

Santos to Lisabon on Fantasia. We will try to get it done at home but it is more probably that it would have to be in Santos.

Ivi

• Like 1