Celebrity Pending Upgrade

Glvandy123

New Cruiser here!  I bid on two upgrades for Celebrity Apex.  Minimum bid for Sky Suite from Concierge as well as minimum bid for Aqua Class.  Within a couple of hours of placing my bid, they are both grayed out and won’t allow me to modify.  Suite says “pending” and Aqua says “expired”.  From what I’ve read, this could go either way, but won’t find out until just prior to sailing.  What are my chances??  50/50?  60/40?  What was your outcome of bidding?  Thanks!

Hello.   I am not sure there is actually any set percentage in getting the upgrade.  We had a similar situation when on a cruise last year.  We made two bids for two different upgrades, one almost immediately expired, but the other remained pending.  We found out, I think 3 days before sailing that we won the bid, cabin allocated and we checked in with the new cabin.  Everything was in place for embarkation.   We had booked a sky suite originally, and bid on a Celebrity suite and Royal suite - we were allocated the Royal.   Good luck!

19 hours ago, Glvandy123 said:

New Cruiser here!  I bid on two upgrades for Celebrity Apex.  Minimum bid for Sky Suite from Concierge as well as minimum bid for Aqua Class.  Within a couple of hours of placing my bid, they are both grayed out and won’t allow me to modify.  Suite says “pending” and Aqua says “expired”.  From what I’ve read, this could go either way, but won’t find out until just prior to sailing.  What are my chances??  50/50?  60/40?  What was your outcome of bidding?  Thanks!

Just curious when your cruise is?

What are my chances??  50/50?  60/40?

It sounds like you got the SS.  There's no reducing it to odds, though.

What was your outcome of bidding?

There's a sticky where folks can post how their MU bids went.  Check it out.

I, too, am new to Celebrity and the whole “move-up” process.  I read on this board that if one were to upgrade to a higher level, which might normally include a drink pkg, they would get the new higher level room, but not the drink pkg.  if I should make a successful offer on an “Aqua” cabin, woukd I get the spa access with it?

17 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I, too, am new to Celebrity and the whole “move-up” process.  I read on this board that if one were to upgrade to a higher level, which might normally include a drink pkg, they would get the new higher level room, but not the drink pkg.  if I should make a successful offer on an “Aqua” cabin, would I get the spa access with it?

Yes...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
spelling

Generally when the status changes as you indicated it means you won the upgrade and will be notified within 48 hours.    Saying that on one of my recent cruises it did the same and two days later they both reverted back to pending .    Finally I then got notified I had been upgraded.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I, too, am new to Celebrity and the whole “move-up” process.  I read on this board that if one were to upgrade to a higher level, which might normally include a drink pkg, they would get the new higher level room, but not the drink pkg.  if I should make a successful offer on an “Aqua” cabin, woukd I get the spa access with it?

you get 1 access free to Persian Gardens on a port day.   That s what I read this morning. 

After reading the OPs question I checked on our cruise on March12th and my Royal bid is expired (there were no royals available) and my Celebrity Suite is Pending, we were or are in a SS2 hopefully that is good news, our SS was right below the cafe on Deck 6 on reflection, and that is no bueno

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

you get 1 access free to Persian Gardens on a port day.   That s what I read this morning. 

Aqua except for the E class ships has access to Persian Gardens at will unless something changed.

Elites have the 1 port day access.   Have you maybe confused the two benefits?

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Aqua except for the E class ships has access to Persian Gardens at will unless something changed.

Elites have the 1 port day access.   Have you maybe confused the two benefits?

we were in Aqua, Elite, last month  and that is note I got.  have to admit, thought we had more access.  maybe error?

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Kathleen16 said:

When your bid is pending for an upgrade - does that mean likely to be accepted?  or ?

No. We've had bids pending for weeks and they have expired 48 hours before the cruise. Pending just means ... pending. The first indication that you've won is usually a charge on your credit card. 

Edited by mrgabriel

Our move up has pending for 2 weeks with the other 3 options all expired. Our cruise is in 10 days. 

I am OK with this but it is odd that we are supposed to have access to modify or cancel up to 48 hours before and this has not been the case. 

Is there a phone number to call about this?

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

Will they let a cabin go empty rather than except the minimum bid ?

Some will say no, but I will say yes, or at least maybe.  We did a Move Up bid, and didn't get it (over minimum, but under midpoint)  only to find out that there was one empty cabin of that category still available when we got the declination notice.  Were they planning to move someone else up into that category who bid more?  I guess that's possible.  But the timing seemed suspicious to me.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Try it from the link via a mobile device. I couldn't access it from my work computer, but I just attributed it to blocked items on sights.  But maybe it's a pop-up blocked?

I'm still confused about how the MoveUp process works. I feel like I'm setting myself up for a letdown. ;o(

On 11/6/2023 at 5:08 PM, ckrobyn said:

Today I found out  I won my bid after seeing one bid expire, and the other say pending on Friday, but I was locked out and could not modify or cancel my bid.

On our last move-up win, it was the same thing.  My WAG ("Wild A$$ Guess") on X's reservation side, there's still a lot of manual work to be done so you won in the bidding software and now an X employee has to do something on their side

• Like 1