No exchanges anymore for mini bar to coffee?

teacherplus

6 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Thanks.  If it's still in the documentation  for swap options, then they should honor it.

I hearya, but they cannot honor something that has been deleted - presumably taken out of their system as well.  IDK if GS might offer some OBC to cover purchasing coffees if you turn in the mini-bar.  I read where one guest got some pretty generous OBC.  OTOH, we have never been able to turn in the mini-bar for cash or OBC.  (It would naturally be non-refundable OBC).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

If they are free, why do you have to have the Elite loyalty level to get them? 

Because you have to have reached that level to get them for free.

Not free if you have not reached that level.

20 minutes ago, caribill said:

Because you have to have reached that level to get them for free.

Not free if you have not reached that level.

I see, I guess I’m about to get free laundry soap and tokens! Yippee.I don’t remember seeing that listed, but I also wasn’t looking too closely at it. 

I was looking forward to sending laundry out, as we finally reach the level on our next back to back. 

I am bit disappointed in reading about the mini bar, since we generally don’t drink alcohol, and would have done some kind of mix and match of pop and water, or the now discontinued coffee card, but I’m still happy to be cruising.  

Edited by Happiest when cruising

35 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

. I am bit disappointed in reading about the mini bar, since we generally don’t drink alcohol, and would have done some kind of mix and match of pop and water, or the now discontinued coffee card, but I’m still happy to be cruising.  

You can still trade in the alcohol for an equal number of pop/water bottles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@caribillMay I print this (request for laundry tokens) out with your name and show it to Customer Service Agents for my free tokens?  I would like to believe they have secretly added this perk.

I have never experienced it, but assumed that the post that said it happened was accurate.

So I suggest you print Sudoku's post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sudoku said:

If you are Elite, you can ask the Guest Services Desk for laundry and soap tokens. And yes, they are free.

I suggested this to GS on a couple of past cruises when laundry was taking 4-5 days to come back.  They all smiled politely, said what a great idea...but never handed me any tokens🙄

(Btw, I know they don't actually use tokens anymore, but they didn't offer to take the self-serve laundry charges off.)

Edited by pompeii

10 hours ago, Sudoku said:

If you are Elite, you can ask the Guest Services Desk for laundry and soap tokens. And yes, they are free.

I just went to the PSD to request few tokens and since it is our last sea day they did give me some. I suppose it's because it's to late to send in laundry any longer. 

I got the impression they would prefer that I used their laundry/cleaning instead. 

10 hours ago, Sudoku said:

I just went to the PSD to request few tokens and since it is our last sea day they did give me some. I suppose it's because it's to late to send in laundry any longer. 

I got the impression they would prefer that I used their laundry/cleaning instead. 

On my last cruise, the third most traveled passenger is the one who told me about laundry tokens.  I just tell the front desk my husband prefers to do our laundry.  Also was told that they would remove the charge if you charge them to your account.  I tried this, but it did take a couple of days and phone calls to get the charges removed.  

On 3/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, Sea Hag said:

Here's another minor complaint I have. No more elite/suite line at customer service, at least not on the Sky last week. Minor but annoying.

I'm wondering how soon it's going to be that they lock a single internet package to a single device, rather than to one device at a time. That's certainly doable, and since they're shaking us all down for every additional penny, it seems to me that they'd see this as another revenue stream. 

I'm not all that angry at Princess, just several little annoyances that will factor into whether I continue cruising on Princess or go off and be annoyed by another company.

I am elite and was on the Sky for the month of February.  The elite line at guest services was to the far right and even though I went to guest services numerous times during the cruise, I never had to wait more than a few minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I may be alone in this, but I can’t imagine asking for laundry tokens at Guest Services. It’s $6, and it’s my choice to not utilize the offered perk. 

I'm with you on this.  Have used laundry room since first cruise in 2004 and then after becoming Elite was very selective about what I sent to ship's laundry.  On board laundry room is a big plus for me.

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

I am elite and was on the Sky for the month of February.  The elite line at guest services was to the far right and even though I went to guest services numerous times during the cruise, I never had to wait more than a few minutes.

That wasn't our experience at all. One line that everyone was herded into. We didn't have a big wait either time we went there, but I'm sure that was one long line sometimes.

I'm still mad about this.

Looks like the non alcoholic drink package that includes coffee is $40/day per person.  For a 7 day cruise that is $560 for 2 people.  Am I the only one who thinks that is insane? 

I still don't know how they arrived at this.  A cup of coffee or two is way cheaper than the alcohol that you exchange it for.  I know that princess gets them dirt cheap, but still, the alcohol bottles and beer still probably them cost $.50-$1 each, and that is more than the cost of the coffee. What a decent perk to remove from their most loyal customers.  

My 25th cruise with Princess might be my last.  These onboard prices are ridiculously high, and now the only real elite benefit left is laundry, and that seems to have it's own trouble, as the last 2 times we have used it, they lost an article of my wife's clothing. 

Edited by kywildcatfanone
  • Like 3