TAKE THE POLL: Which stateroom should be choose?

WELCOME!

Help us settle a domestic dispute:  which stateroom should we book.

My wife and I are sailing on Harmony of the Seas and we have narrowed our preferences between two of these staterooms.  Yes, they are super similar, but that is not what this is about.  This IS about splitting hairs and making the best choice (and ultimately proving my spouse wrong 😉 )

One of us wants to be near the elevator and one of us thinks it will be too loud.

So, we need your help!

Comment below on which stateroom you think we should pick!  Both choices are on Deck 8 on Harmony of the Seas.  Both are Ocean View Balcony rooms, designated in the graphic by the GREEN bar.

Option A)  #8184

Option B)  #8566

Comment below or click here to post your choice!

eck 8 Options.png

Edited by EllinWebster
Clarity
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Same

Just want to say #1, thanks for weighing in and #2... I'm going to need twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
one is of each stateroom so we can make an informed decision (love your signature 😉 )

• Haha 1

I vote 8566.  We usually pick close to the elevator. Deck 8 being Central Park deck is very quiet in the evenings. Also, the public restroom is kind of nice in case your spouse is in the restroom in your room, and you need to go, too. Just saying. 

Edited by caribbeanfever
  • Like 2

I think this really is splitting hairs.

If mobility is not an issue (and it is for a lot of cruiser) or if you have small kids and think you will be running back to the room all the time, the extra steps from being further away from the elevator costs almost nothing.  

On message boards, I have never heard someone complain about noise from elevators/stairs.  So that is a minor or non-issue.

I personally prefer to book starboard.  Some think you get better views starboard and ships prefer to dock on the starboard side.  I have no idea if it is true.

• Like 1