If rejected, when will my move-up bid show expired?

jsant

We're sailing this Saturday and all 3 of my move-up bids still show pending.  We're only 3 days out....what's the latest they will let us know if the bid is accepted or rejected?  Thanks!

I have only one experience with Move-Up, but mine showed pending until Friday morning before a Saturday sailing when I received an email notifying me that my bid was not successful.

Hope that your luck is better!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iceleven said:

Generally how early does the move up bid begin? i.e, month, week, days?

Emails are usually sent out about 3 weeks before the cruise.  Strangely not everyone seems to get an invitation to bid.  There is, however, a place you can simply access and bid at Celebrity MoveUp.   I have put in a bid as 3 months out.

Have had bids accepted as much as 8 weeks or as late as 2 days before my cruise.

Was told the bids are run by an outside company.

Yes, bids are run by an outside company, but there is a number where a Celebrity rep can answer a question.  I sent an email and it was answered the following day.  Remember, there are lots of variables as to whether a bid is accepted.  Captain’s Club member have a small addition % added based on level.  You need to always do the research on pricing, available cabin/suites etc. before you bid, but of course Celebrity picks the parameters in terms of minimum amount to bid, along with their cute little meter.  Anything can happen, down to the last minute.  you can also call to change a cabin/suite in the same category if you see another one available after your bid was chosen.

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Rejections are sent exactly at 48 hours prior to the sailing.   Up until that point you still have a chance.

If all rejections are at 48 hours prior to sailing, what happens to the cabins that have true "no shows"?

12 minutes ago, sherylc said:

If all rejections are at 48 hours prior to sailing, what happens to the cabins that have true "no shows"?

The 48 hours corresponds with when the ship is required to submit the manifest to Homeland Security.

After that the ships manifest is locked down.     I did get a call once the night before the cruise to advise we were being upgraded to RS (Gratis) as the manifest was locked.    We had to check in using our original boarding pass and had to write new room number on luggage tag.    I had it confirmed the person had tested positive for Covid.     Of course it set of a chain of Gratis Upgrades for each room upgraded.

If they do not do this they often offer paid upgrades once aboard the ship usually on the 2nd day.  This is used for true no-show and depending on the rules allowing down-line embarkation.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks all!  My only other experience was on last year's Med cruise.  I bid on an upgrade from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite and it was accepted about a week before we traveled. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

my past 2 upgrade bids were denied on day 2 of sailing!!!!!  Lol - they knew that I wouldn't change my cabin once I unpacked.

I am fairly certain the expired prior to you boarding.  I guess they did not notify you until later.  IMO there is no way that they would automatically charge you for the move up bid and expect anyone to change cabins.

I have always received my Dear John e mail prior to boarding.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 5:04 PM, Mrs_Tiki said:

I have only one experience with Move-Up, but mine showed pending until Friday morning before a Saturday sailing when I received an email notifying me that my bid was not successful.

Hope that your luck is better!

same for me

• Like 1

Any insight to this situation.

Booked Suite Guarantee.

Next day received invite to bid.

The next day I bid on 2-different suites and received email acknowledgement.

The next day I bid again on a 3rd suite.

Two days later I can't see the bids and when I log in to Move up, it says the bidding will open 21-days prior to sailing.

This is my first-time bidding and having fun despite whatever happens.

Cheers.

🍷

• 2 months later...

Richard: Curious....when you looked at the Beyond for the sailing you were doing, as if you were looking for a new cruise, was the Villa available to book?  I bid for an upgrade from Sky Suite to a Villa....and now when I look as if trying to get a new cruise, the Villa is not available at all. Does that mean the Villas are all full? So my move-up bit will be moot?

On 5/23/2023 at 3:49 PM, happyyaya said:

Richard: Curious....when you looked at the Beyond for the sailing you were doing, as if you were looking for a new cruise, was the Villa available to book?  I bid for an upgrade from Sky Suite to a Villa....and now when I look as if trying to get a new cruise, the Villa is not available at all. Does that mean the Villas are all full? So my move-up bit will be moot?

The Villas were sold out.  Something must have happened to person who booked the room because Butler had their liquor order in our suite.  

We sail in three weeks, move-up bidding is no longer available. The bid we placed shows pending and we are unable to modify or cancel the bid.

I find the fact we cannot modify or cancel interesting, and leads me to think acceptance of the bid will occur. 

Any thoughts about this scenario?

Bidding on a number of upgrades I've noticed recently that when I haven't won about 3 days prior to boarding my offered showed expired and then the next day got the formal rejection.   On the upgrade I won from a CS to RS it was awarded 3 days prior to the cruise.

29 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the upgrade I won from a CS to RS it was awarded 3 days prior to the cruise.

Jim, out of curiosity, did you feel you lost any value from not having access to the shoreside concierge beforehand? I assume they wouldn't be much help at 3 days out.