Premier Pass package

WVU-79

My $50 obc just showed up in cruise planner. Never did get that apology email and my purchase is still listed. Hasn't been canceled or removed or whatever from planner purchase history yet. Baby steps I guess. I just want it done. Gone from planner, gone from credit card. This has taken up way too much of my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

OBC now showing, but there isn’t anything else I want to book and I’m worried if I cancel and rebook something, then see a lower price later, and want to cancel/rebook again how that will work out…

you can always use it towards gratuities. You don't have to spend it.

7 hours ago, SunnyFlowers said:

I just checked and even though I had $200 OBC yesterday, it was taken away last night and now I have $100 OBC. I initially booked 2 premier pass packages separately, so I’m guessing $50 OBC each

Same - I was wondering if this would happen. I was going to book something last night to use the $200, but there wasn't anything else I wanted to book. And the things I already have booked were cheaper when I booked them, so it didn't make sense cancelling and rebooking. Bummer. 

4 hours ago, ChefApple said:

image.png.98c0a41effe7042ae48a994657ddd0d3.png

I can still use this credit on board the ship, correct? Even though it says to spend on pre-cruise purchases??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sjlogghe said:

Same - I was wondering if this would happen. I was going to book something last night to use the $200, but there wasn't anything else I wanted to book. And the things I already have booked were cheaper when I booked them, so it didn't make sense cancelling and rebooking. Bummer. 

I can still use this credit on board the ship, correct? Even though it says to spend on pre-cruise purchases??

The caveat that says for pre-cruise is why I’m thinking I have to use it ahead of time too.

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

The caveat that says for pre-cruise is why I’m thinking I have to use it ahead of time too.

Just looked at the email again, and this is what it says:

I really hope that you can forgive us and understand that it was an honest mistake. We will though provide you with a $50 USD Onboard Credit, which can be used pre-cruise to book packages and experiences via My Royal Cruise or use it anywhere onboard.

(My bolding) So I think we'll be ok! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sjlogghe said:

Just looked at the email again, and this is what it says:

I really hope that you can forgive us and understand that it was an honest mistake. We will though provide you with a $50 USD Onboard Credit, which can be used pre-cruise to book packages and experiences via My Royal Cruise or use it anywhere onboard.

(My bolding) So I think we'll be ok! 

Fingers crossed, and happy others have cruises before me, hopefully reports confirm!!

27 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Fingers crossed, and happy others have cruises before me, hopefully reports confirm!!

Don’t worry.  I regularly get OBC. The cruise planner displays the amount available to spend precruise (just like this time).  When I don’t spend it precruise, it is available on the ship…it is On Board Credit.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, garywatson said:

I called Royal and they put the $100 OBC back onto my account so I don't have to pay anything, unless of course their software deletes it again.

If you've followed this saga you will all be unsurprised to learn that today they changed their minds again and took away $50 of that OBC and sent me a demand email that I pay them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, garywatson said:

If you've followed this saga you will all be unsurprised to learn that today they changed their minds again and took away $50 of that OBC and sent me a demand email that I pay them.

Never ending s*** show. That stinks. 

They will probably blame some Intern for this Error, though we all know it was some Senior VP of something something... Nothing new though. I remember 5+ yrs ago during Royal's seasonal release a bunch of Cruises had Suites at really low prices. Didnt take long for the Cruise Line realize the mistake, they probably read about the error on our Cruise Critic Thread. Royal gave everyone choice, either pay the much higher correct rate for the Cabins..or these Confirmed Bookings would be canceled, which most on here said they did. Fortunately I know of at least one that slipped through the cracks and price was never corrected. Was traveling SOLO on a 13nite Cruise in a 2Bd/2Ba Suite for which he paid less then a reg Balcony Cabin. 😎 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sjlogghe said:

Yes , they just want you to spend on something impulsive in advance....

So I had a $100 OBC before the “Premier Pass” purchase. I used my original $100 OBC to purchase the premier pass for $88.99, thus bringing my balance to $11.01

Then I receive the letter explaining the “Glitch” with a promise of $ 50 OBC.

Now my balance shows $111.01, not understanding the math here, it seems I got 11dollars of the goodwill OBC.  Oh and will they reinstate the cheaper internet I purchased and cancelled because of this. At this point, just put me back to where I was before all this started and I will be happy

29 minutes ago, RRTcruiser said:

So I had a $100 OBC before the “Premier Pass” purchase. I used my original $100 OBC to purchase the premier pass for $88.99, thus bringing my balance to $11.01

Then I receive the letter explaining the “Glitch” with a promise of $ 50 OBC.

Now my balance shows $111.01, not understanding the math here, it seems I got 11dollars of the goodwill OBC.  Oh and will they reinstate the cheaper internet I purchased and cancelled because of this. At this point, just put me back to where I was before all this started and I will be happy

IMO, it's being treated as a charge vs an actual usage of OBC.  When the charges are credited back to the buyer's CC you will also get the proper balance of the OBC.  My son's account has the same issues on 2 of his purchases.

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Yes , they just want you to spend on something impulsive in advance....

I did read all the terms and conditions, which I'll likely print just to be safe, but does confirm if not spent it will convert and needs to be spent by 10pm on the last night of the cruise.  So I'll save it for the ship!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I did read all the terms and conditions, which I'll likely print just to be safe, but does confirm if not spent it will convert and needs to be spent by 10pm on the last night of the cruise.  So I'll save it for the ship!

Any OBC issued by the cruise line is considered non-refundable OBC and must be used by end of sail otherwise it's lost.  Whereas any OBC given by a travel agency is considered refundable and one can convert into cash.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Any OBC issued by the cruise line is considered non-refundable OBC and must be used by end of sail otherwise it's lost.  Whereas any OBC given by a travel agency is considered refundable and one can convert into cash.

Thanks, I rarely have the non-refundable and usually buy a bit in advance that is refundable.  That doesn't seem as easy to do so I'll likely skip that and just plan on the bonus OBC from this and paying as I go for anything else I didn't think to pre-buy in advance 🙂

4 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Thanks, I rarely have the non-refundable and usually buy a bit in advance that is refundable.  That doesn't seem as easy to do so I'll likely skip that and just plan on the bonus OBC from this and paying as I go for anything else I didn't think to pre-buy in advance 🙂

I found the process quite easy to convert refundable OBC by going to GS and cash in any unused balances.  Use this money for any additional OBC to those deserving.

On 3/14/2023 at 4:48 AM, katpt said:

Are you talking about Chef's Table? The dinner with wine? RCI says in their letter about this mix-up that they don't have so sommeliers, which has been our experience. They do have a few waiters who really know wine.

oh God no, we are not foodie enough to enjoy a chef's table meal.  It was at lunch, and the guy running it said he just got some sort of sommelier license.  

Ok after way too much searching in my email it was called "Wines around the World" and was on the Radiance in Alaska in 2018.  It also cost 17.70... it'll never cost that price again!

• Like 2