Room attendant

Been a long time since we've cruised and only on Disney. Going on Oasis soon and would like to ask about the room attendant. Can you request the time of service each day? Do they put the beds back to original form in the morning and pull them out at night (for the kids room where one comes out of the wall I think and one is a couch). What else should we or should we not expect from our room attendant? 

14 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

That's not a fair response. The op is asking specific questions. The only thing that they're talking about in that thread is tips and towels. Not answering their specific questions.......I'm wondering the same thing too about the beds......

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, cube1982 said:

That's not a fair response. The op is asking specific questions. The only thing that they're talking about in that thread is tips and towels. Not answering their specific questions.......I'm wondering the same thing too about the beds......

Thanks. we have three teens in one room with very little space, I really do need some answers on those beds! 

29 minutes ago, smheese said:

Thanks. we have three teens in one room with very little space, I really do need some answers on those beds! 

Talk to your attendant on the first day and outline your requests - they'll make it happen.

1 hour ago, smheese said:

Been a long time since we've cruised and only on Disney. Going on Oasis soon and would like to ask about the room attendant. Can you request the time of service each day? Do they put the beds back to original form in the morning and pull them out at night (for the kids room where one comes out of the wall I think and one is a couch). What else should we or should we not expect from our room attendant? 

In my experience, have an honest and KIND conversation with the room steward when you meet them. As others said, you can request morning or evening, but I would also tell the room steward about what time of day you will most be out of your room, and what time you would prefer to have your room cleaned. I doubt they can both put the beds back/pull them out now with going down to one service in a day, but I am sure they could do one or the other (depending on when you want turn down service) If you are nice about it, I am sure they will try to accommodate you. If they can't accommodate, just be understanding about their limitations. 

Side note: in my opinion, evening turn down would be the best option, with you putting up your bed in the morning by yourself. That way, in the evening, when the room steward is in there, they will pull down the extra bed (s) in the evening and make them for you, which is harder than pushing the bed back in the morning. 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 3

On the Navigator for New Years, this was before the once a day started, they left the pull down bed (granddaughter) down all week. Although I kept telling myself over and over to watch my head, I did manage to bonk it a few times.

1 hour ago, smheese said:

That sounds extremely crowded.  Two rooms might be best in this case. 

2 hours ago, cube1982 said:

Royal’s own policy statement that was released about the change stated that attendants would handle pullmans and sofa sleepers twice a day as always 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crzndeb said:

On the Navigator for New Years, this was before the once a day started, they left the pull down bed (granddaughter) down all week. Although I kept telling myself over and over to watch my head, I did manage to bonk it a few times.

This just sounds too familiar! I have been accused of being hard-headed and I have a few cranial fissures to prove it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Just off Independence with a teen on the pullout couch. We weren’t sure how this would work either since we requested evening service. The first morning I ended up putting the bed back to a couch myself, because I didn’t think to ask our attendant about it. He came in the evening to put it back as a bed. Next morning we left if as a bed and when we returned from cococay it was back to a couch…then he put it back to a bed during dinner and of course cleaned the whole room at that time, too. So, I’m guessing that he probably would have done it anyway-but as others suggested, just ask! I also asked for more towels up front as 2 showers are sometimes required and I have long hair. Hope this helped-

6 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

3 teenagers in one room is totally fine.  They will only be there to sleep and shower. 😀

Had teens 15, 15, 17 and 19 in a cabin our last cruise, one night the steward forgot to pull down the Pullman so my daughters squeezed into a twin. They didn’t care.

• Like 1

On another thread someone commented that they had morning service and that the sleeper couch was put away but that the room steward also came into the room in the evenings and set up the sleeper bed.  Just something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Yup, that's our experience, Grand Daughters Pullman stayed down whole Cruise over top my Daughter/SIL double bed. Now when my Kids were young 20-25yrs ago we'd stay in an OV, split the Double Bed into Singles and with Pullmans down Cabin was set up like 2 sets of Bunk Beds. Helped with space also with 5 of us in a Vision Class OV Cabin