Arcadia & Aurora Cosmetic Upgrades...(Not Make-Up 😄)

Britboys

It’s important that they’ve mentioned wider refit dates. Plans will now being formed for these.

I’m now expecting these ships to hang around longer than previously expected.

Although overarching comment that any ship is sold for right price.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, just new furniture, once you cut through the marketing jargon !

No mention about getting the a/c on Arcadia to operate correctly .

According to a reply I received from P and O regarding the overzealous use of the a/c on Arcadia they informed me that it was working correctly and at the correct temperature, and also they had had no other complaints about it.  From comments on these boards I find it difficult to believe their reply🥶

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

It’s important that they’ve mentioned wider refit dates. Plans will now being formed for these.

I’m now expecting these ships to hang around longer than previously expected.

Although overarching comment that any ship is sold for right price.

Yes, Aurora slated for refit in April '25, which is indeed the gap in the cruise calendar I noted in the brochure we can't talk about...😀

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

According to a reply I received from P and O regarding the overzealous use of the a/c on Arcadia they informed me that it was working correctly and at the correct temperature, and also they had had no other complaints about it.  From comments on these boards I find it difficult to believe their reply🥶

Oh dear I had not heard about a/c problems, and we are on her in June - what is the problem, is it too cold or too draughty and does it affect all of the ship, or just parts?  We did feel she was very run down and dark/dingy in summer 2019 and a lot of the public toilets were constantly out of action, which I have read is still a problem.  

We were on Aurora in Nov/Dec and she seemed in good nick with everything functioning fine for us.

Edited by tring

Just now, tring said:

Oh dear I had not heard about a/c problems, and we are on her in June - what is the problem, is it too cold or too draughty and does it affect all of the ship, or just parts?  We did feel she was very run down and dark/dingy in summer 2019 and a lot of the public toilets were constantly out of action, which I have read is still a problem.  

I can only comment about our Canaries cruise last April. All the public areas were exceedingly cold, as was our cabin.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tring said:

We found the ship to be in good general condition, ( one or two public toilets' had intermittent problems) but the whole ship felt cold ,and despite requests to have the temperature reviewed it did not get any better , the crows nest was the worst venue, however others were less than comfortable to sit in, perhaps this why the ship felt like the Mary Celeste on a lot of evenings

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I can only comment about our Canaries cruise last April. All the public areas were exceedingly cold, as was our cabin.

Thanks.  Will need to make sure we pack warm stuff for on the ship then.  It is draughts that bother me, I will have to keep a light few scarves around otherwise my neck will cease up.

Edited by tring

1 minute ago, gsmt47471015 said:

the crows nest was the worst venue,

Agreed - previously it was our favourite venue, but it was so cold the place was deserted.  We didn't have a single drink there,  so it shows how cold it must have been !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tring said:

Will need to make sure we pack warm stuff for on the ship then.  It is draughts that bother me, I will have to keep a light few scarves around otherwise my neck will cease up.

The only draughts we encountered were from the a/c, tbh we are not overly confident that our 2024 world cruise on her will be any warmer , even allowing for a lot of the warm weather destinations we will be visiting

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, david63 said:

The rumour machine will be in full flow that these two ships are being prepared to be sold off!

David, I don't think cruise ships are like homes under the hammer, where you can make money with a cheap renovation.  Much more likely to sell old ships as is, and let the new owner refurbish it to their own tastes.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Much more likely to sell old ships as is, and let the new owner refurbish it to their own tastes.

Not necessarily if they plan on selling them off to the Chinese arm of Carnival - if it is still in existence.

Arcadia is still our favourite ship, we don't notice the occasional AC issues or the buckets to assist the plumbing issues, it's a classy ship so just got to remember to pack your rose tinted specs and blinkers 🙂

Going on the Med trip (J302) in a couple of weeks, East bar has always been a cold place so hope the Crows Nest is warm enough, (Med is around the low 20s now so should be ok)

Not been on Arcadia for a couple of years so nice to know when we go this time everything is worn out 🙁 However we have more booked, so looking forward to seeing what they do at refit time, perhaps they will squeeze yet more cabins in

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

We found the ship to be in good general condition, ( one or two public toilets' had intermittent problems) but the whole ship felt cold ,and despite requests to have the temperature reviewed it did not get any better , the crows nest was the worst venue, however others were less than comfortable to sit in, perhaps this why the ship felt like the Mary Celeste on a lot of evenings

Perhaps they are hoping people will not spend all that OBC they have been giving out 🙂

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by tring
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

The only draughts we encountered were from the a/c, tbh we are not overly confident that our 2024 world cruise on her will be any warmer , even allowing for a lot of the warm weather destinations we will be visiting

Of course the problem is if you are on a hot climate, going into cold rooms seems worse than ever.

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Perhaps the rumours about Ventura being the next to go by have some truth in them then. I hope not we are booked on her next summer.

First time I've heard that rumour... Arcadia yes, Aurora yes but not heard Ventura suggested...?

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

First time I've heard that rumour... Arcadia yes, Aurora yes but not heard Ventura suggested...?

I think it was suggested on the site that cannot be named when it was being referred to as the creaking ship. Hopefully it was another of those many untrue rumours and won’t be going. 

• Thanks 1