Rotterdam in Port Everglades on April 3, 2023

leerathje

ms Rotterdam will be at pier 26 from 5:45 am to 4:00 pm, and this is the beginning of her 16 day 150th Anniversary Transatlantic

image.jpeg.4b4e482a01f29da8382a0975706b8e67.jpeg

Also in port is Liberty of the Seas at pier 18 (5:00 am – 4:30 pm) and Brilliance of the Seas at pier 25 (7:15 am – 4:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam on Saturday, April 8, 2023.

Leanne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, leerathje said:

ms Rotterdam will be at pier 26 from 5:45 am to 4:00 pm, and this is the beginning of her 16 day 150th Anniversary Transatlantic

image.jpeg.4b4e482a01f29da8382a0975706b8e67.jpeg

Also in port is Liberty of the Seas at pier 18 (5:00 am – 4:30 pm) and Brilliance of the Seas at pier 25 (7:15 am – 4:00 pm)

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/.

Next up:  Nieuw Statendam on Saturday, April 8, 2023.

Leanne

yes she is one of the first ships to migrate to Europe or Alaska.

A lot of the other ships leave mid April

In fact, HAL has  hardly any ir NONE in Fla between May-Oct. Princess and Celebrity might each have one.  

5 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yes she is one of the first ships to migrate to Europe or Alaska.

A lot of the other ships leave mid April

In fact, HAL has  hardly any ir NONE in Fla between May-Oct. Princess and Celebrity might each have one.  

That's the norm for HAL - given how hot/humid Florida is that time of year, why anyone would want to cruise to the Caribbean is beyond me.  HAL takes off for more pleasant cruising environments, leaving the crappy weather cruises to other lines.  Granted, families with kids are stuck cruising when school's out - but that has no appeal to me (son is 36 years old - past the days of being tied to a school calendar)!

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

That's the norm for HAL - given how hot/humid Florida is that time of year, why anyone would want to cruise to the Caribbean is beyond me.  HAL takes off for more pleasant cruising environments, leaving the crappy weather cruises to other lines.  Granted, families with kids are stuck cruising when school's out - but that has no appeal to me (son is 36 years old - past the days of being tied to a school calendar)!

Sue/WDW1972

Plus, hurricane season is middle of May to end of October.

L.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Plus, hurricane season is middle of May to end of October.

L.

Actually Atlantic hurricane season is May 31 through November 30th.  The peak tends to be Sept/Oct, although August has had it's share of hurricanes.  Look at Ian last year - my home is still not right, and I was one of the lucky ones.

Sue/WDW1972

Things may be late today.  Evidently when they were setting up the gangways, one blew a fuse and there was a small fire, no damage, but now there is just one gangway, for coming and going.  We have 257 staying on board. 

We have requested-a-wave from the PTZ webcam, we’ll probably be 10 or 11on our verandah with a Canadian flag, a long verandah over the first/second lifeboats.  Please take pictures!  I’ll come back and check later, I can’t get the webcam to work on my phone.  Thanks. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Does anyone know the date of the first sail-in in Juneau?  And the ship?  Thank you!

According to the port schedule, Eurodam on May 1st. The first other ship is Norwegian Bliss on April 17th.

• Like 1