New CEO of Celebrity Interesting but happy they stay within for promotions.

bikerunner

2 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

Celebrity clearly has their officers serving as brand ambassadors.

Of course--- Every Staff member on a cruise ship is a "brand ambassador "---

It's their job --- and IMO, they are excellent and well trained.

It's the same in any company in the Service Industry. 

Lets say Madame Corriveau was a " mean old bag " , but her burgers and poutine were fantastic. Ya think we would still line up for 'em ?  Ummm , probably yes !! Some things are just tooooo good.

Mind you, I did see her laugh and mumble "something" in French when a customer ordered a smoked meat sandwich on white bread , with mayonnaise and a glass of milk--- instead of mustard on rye with a Pepsi. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Of course--- Every Staff member on a cruise ship is a "brand ambassador "---

It's their job --- and IMO, they are excellent and well trained.

It's the same in any company in the Service Industry. 

Lets say Madame Corriveau was a " mean old bag " , but her burgers and poutine were fantastic. Ya think we would still line up for 'em ?  Ummm , probably yes !! Some things are just tooooo good.

Mind you, I did see her laugh and mumble "something" in French when a customer ordered a smoked meat sandwich on white bread , with mayonnaise and a glass of milk--- instead of mustard on rye with a Pepsi. 

Who  is Madame Corriveau ?
Pepsi and smoked meat 🤮

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Who  is Madame Corriveau ?
Pepsi and smoked meat 🤮

Reminiscent of the famous Seinfeld Soup ***:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

She does do the jewelry appearance, she’s probably draws a larger crowd at the store than most.  To expand on her being friendly and approachable, she’s engaging and playful, mean if you bump into her and say good morning, rather than just saying good morning back she’ll probably crack a joke and ask you where your from

Agreed!! When I sailed on the Edge in Feb 2020, at least 2 of us went sky diving in Key West after seeing her post her adventure doing it. (For me at least, I'd always been intrigued but wasn't sure how to go about finding a good place, etc. I figured (accurately as I did do additional research into safety records, etc.) the captain of a major cruise line was not going to go to some place that had a crap record.) We happened to be in line right next to each other at the cocktail party and both mentioned that we were doing it. After we'd been in Key West, I ran into Captain Kate at Cafe al Baccio and she asked how it was and then she said "You should come to the photo op later and we'll 'recreate' the jumping face!"

It remains one of my favorite cruise pics ever! (Sadly I can't find it in my FB photos, or I'd post it.)

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Celebrity clearly has their officers serving as brand ambassadors.  Captain Kate has taken it to another level with her use of social media, but the other captains also have a lot of personality and are out and about on the ships, too.  If you want to go on a cruise where the captain and other officers are not overly visible, there are plenty of lines that do that. 

THis can be simple-IMHO the CEO of a company drives the culture of that company.

The service levels and attentiveness et all starts at the top. Thats why in this case the  best of the best should end up in corporate because they understand what it takes.

Otherwise bean counters woudl run companies rather than marketing  or engineering people.

In this case the leaders on board make or break the experience.

if an emergency comes up the Captain of Ship is all over it t handle it coreectly.

I've got an update.  One of our CC fearless leaders will be attending the President's Cruise in June.  The summary is that new Celebrity President Laura Hodges Bethge WILL be on it and there's no word on whether LLP will make it.  Source:  

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I am not sure who has been running the company for the last 4 months.  From the January OVC debacle to the Japan debacle it has been a continuous soap opera that could have been avoided.

Royal also has had several sailings oversold. Its not like airllines where they give you a few hunded in credits and you hopefully take the next flight out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mickey S said:

Royal also has had several sailings oversold. Its not like airllines where they give you a few hunded in credits and you hopefully take the next flight out.

Royal graciously compensated their cruisers.  Celebrity is giving them crumbs and differing stories.  One misstep after another.

Edited by NMTraveller

9 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Royal graciously compensated their cruisers.  Celebrity is giving them crumbs and differing stories.

when they screw up that bad they need to be real gracious. like equal or better cruise both type of ship, itinerary and class of service. And it woudl cost little to give the customer the captains club points they woudl have received on the problem cruise.Or,  if you cancell a cruise after the final payment. We did they kept our money and we got nothing zero. Not even the points which would have been a nice touch.

Edited by Mickey S

On 4/15/2023 at 7:36 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

She does do the jewelry appearance, she’s probably draws a larger crowd at the store than most.  To expand on her being friendly and approachable, she’s engaging and playful, mean if you bump into her and say good morning, rather than just saying good morning back she’ll probably crack a joke and ask you where your from

We have yet to sail with her, but all I read about her and and hear on you tube reviews is all positive and how she makes the cruise better for people that interact with her. She is probably the one captain that I really would like to sail with. She honestly sounds like a very nice person. We had Giuseppe as our CD on the Edge and his positive energy added to the cruise experience.

The other day on social page someone mentioned that they had a view of the bridge wing from their sky suite balcony, and when they were out on their veranda, Capt Kate would wave to them when she went out to the bridge wing. Sometimes its the small things in life that create good memories, or bad ones, and she seems to get that.

Edited by cgolf1

10 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

We have yet to sail with her, but all I read about her and and hear on you tube reviews is all positive and how she makes the cruise better for people that interact with her. She is probably the one captain that I really would like to sail with. She honestly sounds like a very nice person. We had Giuseppe as our CD on the Edge and his positive energy added to the cruise experience.

The other day on social page someone mentioned that they had a view of the bridge wing from their sky suite balcony, and when they were out on their veranda, Capt Kate would wave to them when she went out to the bridge wing. Sometimes its the small things in life that create good memories, or bad ones, and she seems to get that.

Exactly...To oversimplify it, she genuinely enjoys going out of her way to interact with passengers

15 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Exactly...To oversimplify it, she genuinely enjoys going out of her way to interact with passengers

Captain Kate was a good captain.  The current CEO seems to be tone deaf and should hire Captain Obvious to sort out their numerous Faux Paus.

My suggestion would be to make the Celebrity Board Meetings into a Soap Opera.  As the Cruise Ship Churns.  

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

As if the CFO is not the one in charge?

I suppose we can debate who is in charge of running the company, but I am more concerned about getting continued support for cruisers that have problems.  I am far from being LLP's biggest fan but one thing that she has done is establish a fast response team of people that respond to people that email her.  Almost always within a day sometimes within hours.  This fast response team has helped me and numerous others on CC and I hope the new CEO continues to utilize this team.  So yes, I would like to know if anyone has the email address for the new CEO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I suppose we can debate who is in charge of running the company, but I am more concerned about getting continued support for cruisers that have problems.  I am far from being LLP's biggest fan but one thing that she has done is establish a fast response team of people that respond to people that email her.  Almost always within a day sometimes within hours.  This fast response team has helped me and numerous others on CC and I hope the new CEO continues to utilize this team.  So yes, I would like to know if anyone has the email address for the new CEO.

Most of us would be happy if she would be transparent and let us know what is going on with the Millenium sailings and the overbookings.  Perhaps a public statement would suffice.  Yes I agree a phone number would be good if they were to release one.

So far I am not impressed with the new CEO either.

Edited by NMTraveller

29 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Most of us would be happy if she would be transparent and let us know what is going on with the Millenium sailings and the overbookings.  Perhaps a public statement would suffice.  Yes I agree a phone number would be good if they were to release one.

So far I am not impressed with the new CEO either.

You can be unimpressed if you wish, but the CEO switch isn't scheduled to happen until May.  I would give the new person at least a couple of weeks before you pass judgement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You can be unimpressed if you wish, but the CEO switch isn't scheduled to happen until May.  I would give the new person at least a couple of weeks before you pass judgement.

Thanks.  That is good to know.  I can use the latest e-mail.  Time to e-mail to see what is going on with Millenium overbookings...

Would not ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com work?

Edited by NMTraveller

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Captain Kate was a good captain.  The current CEO seems to be tone deaf and should hire Captain Obvious to sort out their numerous Faux Paus.

My suggestion would be to make the Celebrity Board Meetings into a Soap Opera.  As the Cruise Ship Churns.  

All of the Captains are good captains.  Some are better marketers than others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesar said:

All of the Captains are good captains.  Some are better marketers than others.

She was accessible to the cruisers and would wave bye as you left the ship.  I would put here in the above and beyond category.

8 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

She was accessible to the cruisers and would wave bye as you left the ship.  I would put here in the above and beyond category.

Gee, the Captains on Southwest have done the same when I leave the airplane.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, keesar said:

Gee, the Captains on Southwest have done the same when I leave the airplane.  

Do you remember the Captains name and do they have at least one monetized social media account (rhetorical)?

Also, airplane "disembarkation" usually takes well under 20mins but on is ship is at least a few hours

37 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Would not ExecutiveOffice@celebrity.com work?

your e mail ends up there anyway inside a network of staff located around the country and world which might have a metric of closing out issues quickly by blowing them off.

I raised what I thought  was a serious issue that needed to be bumped up  but it was not.

I would  send to legal group  or investors relations  to see if they think its significant but they too apparently do not care.

That's the culture of the company thats driven by CEO's including the RCCL corporate CEO.

Edited by Mickey S

On 4/19/2023 at 11:13 PM, NMTraveller said:

I am not sure who has been running the company for the last 4 months.  From the January OVC debacle to the Japan debacle it has been a continuous soap opera that could have been avoided.

Just thinking, I do not watch the TV shows that some top chef or investor goes in and does a makeover of a restaurant, what if one of the myriad of streaming companies would  do that for cruise line administration-it would be boring but they could spice it up with side stories as part of a made for TV programming.

Just kidding around using spare time.