The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 11th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

It seems Volendam has tricked me today on her location and will actually be in San Juan tomorrow.  The old switch around the ports routine!   I hope next week I won't do the same with so many CC members onboard.  Would one of you ( @Sharon in AZ, @AV8rix, @TiogaCruiser or @Dismomx5 ) like to send me your itinerary?  If you'd rather not post here email me at my screen name @ yahoo dot com.  I've been chasing Noordam around Fiji lately too.  

Tomorrow will be an interesting day for Koningsdam leaving the Vigor Shipyard and sailing up the river to the Pacific and then onward to Vancouver.  There's no record of the time of departure unfortunately.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Today is Barbershop Quartet Day, Eight Track Tape Day, and National Pet Day

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Confusion
Wine of the Day - Elvio Cogno Barolo Ravera Vigna Elena Riserva 2016
Destination of the Day - Savusavu, Vanua Levu Island, Fiji

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 4-12

Koningsdam

Dry Dock Vigor Ship Yard until 4/12

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-15

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Praia da Vitoria, Terceira Island, Azores Portugal eta 4-17

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Plymouth, England eta 4-16

Volendam

San Juan, Puerto Rico 08:00 - 23:00

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Panama Canal eta 4-13

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination La Coruna, Spain Galicia eta 4-12

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Lifou, New Caledonia 07:00 - 16:00

Westerdam

Kobe/Osaka, Japan 09:00-21:00

image.thumb.png.b46799ca80fb52a174e003685d462604.png

image.thumb.png.43f2db660502a587fc9be3fb660bfcba.png

Sandi for Rich

I had to pop in when I saw you were handling the daily, good job from what I can see!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Tupper10 recovering from back surgery

Cruising-along and DH recovering from Covid

Cruzn single’s DSS’s kidney surgery 4/11

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital

Nashville school shooting victims/KY bank shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Marshhawk’s leg/feet cramps

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

NextOne needing valve surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Celebrations of Passover and Ramadan

Cute Miss Elliot Rose turning 6 months old

Cruising-along and DH feeling better

Luvteaching’s DH showing slow improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

4 Days for Sharon in AZ (Volendam 4/15 to 5/17)

4 Days for AV8rix (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

4 Days for TiogaCruiser (Volendam 4/15 to 5/2)

4 Days for Dismomx5 (Volendam 4/15 to 5/6)

5 Days for GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel 4/16 to 4/23)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

My oh my how much I've missed!  If it wasn't for your list I'd really be confused.  Prayers and a great big hello to you all!

• Like 12

11 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be another beautiful day in mid-Michigan.  Sunny skies and a high of 74F.  I'll take it!   I'm up early today because the bug guy is coming.  Sue saw a spider in the house and lost it, so we will have pest control on a regular basis.  I want it more as a preventive measure against ants and other critters.  They can have the yard, I want the house.  

I once had an 8 track tape player.  We thought it was wonderful to have them in the car.  But the tapes took up so much room you needed a trailer to haul them along.  Now, I have the music I like on a flash drive and just plug it in.  Amazing when you think of it.  

Today's meal is a tasty one and there could be so many variations.  If you don't want the spinach, use mushrooms!  You can also substitute the cheese if you like.  The idea of this meal is a stuffed chicken breast.  Stuff it with the things you like!  

Most of the recipes were similar with slight variations on seasonings and preparation.  This first one looks so, so good.  https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/spinach-feta-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken1.thumb.jpg.7cb934c97132e20cdddd47d872ade42e.jpg

This one is easy to assemble and cook.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/8030825/spinach-feta-stuffed-chicken-breasts/

spinachandfetachicken2.jpg.5896958ae6a8221ef0283dfe01622a72.jpg

The cream cheese in the filling makes this one so creamy!   https://cookingwithcarlee.com/jennys-feta-and-spinach-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken3.thumb.jpg.496fd8580b343191a89e57306dd2f0fe.jpg

This one is nice and garlicky.  I love garlic and it is good for you!   https://tastingwithtina.com/spinach-and-feta-stuffed-chicken/

spinachandfetachicken4.thumb.jpg.b4c7a6314fec0e403c21d3542e4498e1.jpg

How would  you stuff your chicken?   Looking forward to all the ideas!

Wishing  you all a wonderful day!

I sprinkle diatomaceous earth (food grade) along the foundation, baseboards and doorways, cuts down on critters considerably.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Bruno!  It takes a village sometimes!  Glad to see you here.🤗

Trying to get a couple of bookings off the ground and it's impossible to pass up the daily in the process.  I didn't have time yesterday but I saw it there, beckoning.

• Like 7

I suppose I should check in even though I sound like a broken record.  Dear Dad is doing better actually, he's completed the 2nd six month period of kidney tests and he remains stable.  That means his only ailment centers around the effects of being bedridden for all this time, so PT is starting up once again in the hope he can be ready to get up and start moving around.  But either way we're going to try and make cruising this year a reality, he really wants to go back to Hawaii and Princess happens to be offering a RT Seattle this October.  

The weather has been awful, still winter up here if anybody is heading this way for the Hawaii season out of Vancouver.  I can't even imagine Alaska season starting in just a couple short weeks when gale warnings have been the norm in the Strait of Juan De Fuca.  The rest of April is supposed to be just as unsettled, so strong sea legs are in order.  

I can't think of much else to say.  We considered moving to a single story townhome this summer, but nobody feels like it, so we'll probably stay put for another year, I wasn't up to having to get to know new neighbors and finding a new pet sitter.  The effort we've put in here has been challenging as it is, the people moving in lately don't even want to talk to you, they quickly look the other way just as your about to wave to them.  

Prayers to everybody here, you're in my thoughts, can't believe how much I've missed: your cruises and life events.  I can't say I can be here every day, but more frequent than before, as there will be the inevitable question about this ever changing world of cruising, therefore CC to the rescue!

~Bruno

• Like 19

25 minutes ago, atexsix said:

The weather has been awful, still winter up here

Great to hear from you Bruno, and I'm happy to hear that your Dear Dad is doing better.

No kidding about our weather!  Today we had a ridiculous hail storm, it covered the ground and was bouncing off the roof.  The sky was black.  Then as quickly as it started it ended, and now we have bright sunshine.  Looking forward to warmer days!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser  Mmmm Pepper Jack is one I love.  How about broccoli and cheddar?

@atexsix Bruno, nice to see you!

@tupper10 Save those recipes!   You never know when you might want one of them.

Broccoli and Cheddar sounds good, but it will have to wait until DH is off the blood thinners.  Dark, leafy greens can interfere with those drugs.

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

I suppose I should check in even though I sound like a broken record.  Dear Dad is doing better actually, he's completed the 2nd six month period of kidney tests and he remains stable.  That means his only ailment centers around the effects of being bedridden for all this time, so PT is starting up once again in the hope he can be ready to get up and start moving around.  But either way we're going to try and make cruising this year a reality, he really wants to go back to Hawaii and Princess happens to be offering a RT Seattle this October.  

The weather has been awful, still winter up here if anybody is heading this way for the Hawaii season out of Vancouver.  I can't even imagine Alaska season starting in just a couple short weeks when gale warnings have been the norm in the Strait of Juan De Fuca.  The rest of April is supposed to be just as unsettled, so strong sea legs are in order.  

I can't think of much else to say.  We considered moving to a single story townhome this summer, but nobody feels like it, so we'll probably stay put for another year, I wasn't up to having to get to know new neighbors and finding a new pet sitter.  The effort we've put in here has been challenging as it is, the people moving in lately don't even want to talk to you, they quickly look the other way just as your about to wave to them.  

Prayers to everybody here, you're in my thoughts, can't believe how much I've missed: your cruises and life events.  I can't say I can be here every day, but more frequent than before, as there will be the inevitable question about this ever changing world of cruising, therefore CC to the rescue!

~Bruno

Bruno, it's good to see you posting.  I'm glad DD is stable, and can start PT.  I hope you can cruise this year.

Lenda

• Like 7

Hello from the Grand Princess!

We are both out if covid quarantine,  but unfortunately we missed all the New Zealand ports! We were out in time for Bay of Islands, but they were getting a storm so the Captain decided ot was safer to skip it. He was able to add a new port...Apia, Samoa, where we are today.  We took a 3 hour tour of the island, including Robert Louis Stevenson's home and museum. We also each got a coconut to drink, and then we're treated to a dance exhibition...a wonderful day!

The challenge for us is that today it's Wednesday April 12th. Tomorrow we'll be in Pago Pago, American Samoa, and it will be Wednesday April 12th!!!  We'll cross the international date line sometime during the night.

20230412_142004.jpg

20230412_143910.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, atexsix said:

~Bruno

Bruno thanks for checking in. Praises for your caretaking. Your special.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, atexsix said:

Hey Bruno, good to hear from you. We had snow and hail and rain and sun today; temperatures mostly in the 30's this week (up to 40's in the afternoon).

My DW and I are heading to Ketchikan and Prince Rupert on the Koningsdam in less than three weeks; Inside passage out of Vancouver, so shouldn't have to fight the winds too much. Ketchikan is about ten degrees warmer than we are right now.

Glad to hear you dad is doing better. PT (physical torture) is wonderful when it works. Praying for the best for both of you.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, atexsix said:

~Bruno

It is good to see you posting Bruno @atexsixand that your dad is doing well.

It is sad your new neighbours ignored you but that is their loss.

We were just talking yesterday about regular posting dailyites who hadn't posted for many months and pray they are well so it was good you popped in to say all is well with you and your dad.

Good wishes for future cruising and good health especially for your dad.

Graham.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Great to hear from you Bruno, and I'm happy to hear that your Dear Dad is doing better.

No kidding about our weather!  Today we had a ridiculous hail storm, it covered the ground and was bouncing off the roof.  The sky was black.  Then as quickly as it started it ended, and now we have bright sunshine.  Looking forward to warmer days!

Thanks.  I hope your husband is doing well.  And yes, we desperately need some warmth around here.

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is good to see you posting Bruno @atexsixand that your dad is doing well.

It is sad your new neighbours ignored you but that is their loss.

We were just talking yesterday about regular posting dailyites who hadn't posted for many months and pray they are well so it was good you popped in to say all is well with you and your dad.

Good wishes for future cruising and good health especially for your dad.

Graham.

Thanks.  It sounds like I picked a good day to drop in.

10 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Hey Bruno, good to hear from you. We had snow and hail and rain and sun today; temperatures mostly in the 30's this week (up to 40's in the afternoon).

My DW and I are heading to Ketchikan and Prince Rupert on the Koningsdam in less than three weeks; Inside passage out of Vancouver, so shouldn't have to fight the winds too much. Ketchikan is about ten degrees warmer than we are right now.

Glad to hear you dad is doing better. PT (physical torture) is wonderful when it works. Praying for the best for both of you.

I think he knows he won't be doing much travel if the PT doesn't work, I hope you have a great cruise, I have yet to sail on that ship, one of these days.

13 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Bruno thanks for checking in. Praises for your caretaking. Your special.

Thanks.  I hope everybody out your way are doing well.

13 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Broccoli and Cheddar sounds good, but it will have to wait until DH is off the blood thinners.  Dark, leafy greens can interfere with those drugs.

Bruno, it's good to see you posting.  I'm glad DD is stable, and can start PT.  I hope you can cruise this year.

Lenda

So do I.  Now send some of that Arizona heat up here, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, atexsix said:

@Cruising-along

Your hail storm made the news last evening, except they called it an ice shower, I hope it didn't hurt your plants.

Thank you Bruno.  Yes, it was kind of like an ice shower, ice pellets that turned to kind of like snow, and then quickly turned to rain.  My Daffodils fared the worst, bent some over, poor things.  Everything else is ok, it didn't hurt the tulips (they haven't opened up yet).  And I'm waiting a few days to plant the Sweet Pea seedlings.  It will be *slightly* warmer then.  

• Like 2