Venue Closed

SarahBDS

How long is your cruise?  I think I have read that the longer cruises do not list all of the days…

I see that your cruise is 12 nights.  I think I read the app only has a 7 day cycle so may not list the last five days initially…. EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

Our ship sails on Friday and the menu's end at day 7 of the 15 day cruise.   

What I am hearing is that they really do not get updated until the day of the cruise.  This makes it difficult to plan any specialty restaurants since we cannot see the menu in order to determine what nights we want to skip. 

My only recommendations is to see if any cruises happening this week have the same itinerary and look at those menu's. 

For my upcoming cruise they are telling me that the main dining room venue is closed. We all know that isn’t the case.

The information simply has not been loaded into the app and they mean that the venue you are interested in is closed to bookings right now, not closed completely

Edited by cruisestitch

We have a 10N cruise coming up and the app only shows menus for 4 nights because the sailing recently have been 4 and 5 nights.  We were however able to make dinner reservations on the website.  
The same occurred with our fall TA where only menus for 7 days were showing.  The full menu showed about a week before sailing.

This seems to be another consistent inconsistency. I just looked out of curiosity, and our 10N in November on Equinox has different menus (Luminae) for the 10 nights. I just looked and Equinox is doing the 10 night Southern Caribbean starting this weekend. Not sure what they're on right now.

I agree that the app is very often not updated until right before the cruise, and often not fully updated until mid-cruise.

That said, I did a sailing once on Reflection where there was a very large business group onboard and they completely booked all the specialty restaurants on multiple days (not to mention gathered in the bars so you could rarely find a seat).  Really ticked me off!  so it can happen, but it is not common.

It's just quirky because of the sailing dates. You're the second cruise after the TA which is followed by an 8 day, then an 12 day, then a 9 day before getting into the normal 10 and 11 day rotation. I would bet all of the menus for those for 3 cruises after the TA are not completely firmed up.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind replies. It does make it difficult to plan... I am easy but I am travelling with others so I wanted to make sure I made choices they would like. Thanks again for taking the time to answer 😊🙏