Preferred deck for an Ocean View balcony on Oasis

My wife and I have stayed away from the bigger ships for various reasons. The largest class we have been on is Freedom. We are now considering giving Oasis a try. We will book an Ocean View balcony stateroom. We can deal with a little noise but not a lot. We don't mind a long walk, we quite often get aft balconies on Voyager and Radiance class ships.  Do you have a preferred deck on Oasis that you would recommend? Forward? Center? Aft? Why do you prefer this location?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to people's opinions.

I love deck 8 on Oasis class. You have cabins above and below you and easy access to Central Park. We like being just a bit aft of the aft elevators, but that's a personal preference.

We were reluctant to try Oasis class as well, but we decided to try Allure about 6 years ago and now it's our favorite class!

7 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I love deck 8 on Oasis class. You have cabins above and below you and easy access to Central Park. We like being just a bit aft of the aft elevators, but that's a personal preference.

We were reluctant to try Oasis class as well, but we decided to try Allure about 6 years ago and now it's our favorite class!

THIS!!

My wife and I love the Oasis class ships!  We have sailed on both the Oasis of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas.  On Harmony I booked an ocean view balcony room on deck 6 aft, cabin #6286.  Not too far from the elevator.  This turned out to be our favorite cabin ever.  It was a great location with quick access to the Boardwalk/Aquatheater/walking track on deck 6, Promenade deck 5, Central Park deck 8 and dining room.  Whenever we needed to go to the front of the ship to the Windjammer, Theater or the Solarium we walked up the stairs to deck 8 and then walked through Central Park to the forward elevator.  Central Park is awesome at night!  We also really enjoyed our balcony as we felt we were really close to the ocean and saw a lot of sea life.  Great location!  We are now booked on the Wonder of the Seas deck 6 aft next Spring.  Enjoy your cruise!  Tip-try the Solarium for dinner.

• Like 1

We liked both of our ocean view balconies on Allure. Both were technically aft although not all the way back. Deck 10 starboard once and Deck 9 port once. We had wind and some rough waves (although sunny) during our trip this year and you could DEFINITELY feel it more when we were in the front of the ship (in restroom after a show, my phone purse was swinging wildly back and forth from the hook on the back of the door!). 

58 minutes ago, Dett said:

Don’t get on deck 7.    You can’t get from one side from the other due to the hang down for the boardwalk.

Agree.  NOT Deck 7.

I also wouldn't book 12 or 14 if I had the choice.  Too close to the pool deck.  (for noise)

8 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My wife and I have stayed away from the bigger ships for various reasons. The largest class we have been on is Freedom. We are now considering giving Oasis a try. We will book an Ocean View balcony stateroom. We can deal with a little noise but not a lot. We don't mind a long walk, we quite often get aft balconies on Voyager and Radiance class ships.  Do you have a preferred deck on Oasis that you would recommend? Forward? Center? Aft? Why do you prefer this location?

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to people's opinions.

Deck 6 or 8 of you spend more time on the Promenade, CP or Boardwalk.  Deck 12 if you like the pool deck.  Aft elevators seem to be closer to most things other than solarium.  Some great group rates on the 4D as compared to the 2D midship balconies

• Like 1

Just did Deck 7, aft on Wonder. Didn't really have a problem with the Boardwalk sign blocking the way to cross. Just made sure we got on the correct side elevators. Not really a big deal at all. Wouldn't hesitate to stay on 7 again. Especially since its only one floor up or down to Boardwalk or Central Park. Prefer 6,7 or 8 for the ease of taking the stairs to get to those places (sometimes elevators are crowded). Also usually stay mid-ship, since I'm not a fan of feeling the ship rocking and rolling.