Jubilee 2 new zones announced

AtSeaWithChris

Carnival announced the 2 new zones today. 

MEET THE CURRENTS ZONE WHERE THE FUN JUST FLOWS
Meet The Currents Zone Where The Fun Just Flows

Let the fantastical world of sunken cities, mermaids and sea monsters guide you through this new and exciting zone —Currents! Encompassing Deck 6 and Deck 7, Currents, is an awe-inspiring, immersive and transformative space that takes guests below the waves with a playful vibe featuring new and exciting bar and dining venues and live music. When your clients step into Currents, they will be transported to mesmerizing underwater worlds, both realistic and fantastical, in a beautiful space that changes from day to night and throughout the cruise. There’s classic styling and innovative tech packed into the zone too — with six huge LED “windows” and the wave-shaped LED ceiling — that gives you views of immersive digital undersea environments.

Dr Inks Ph D Bar

DR.INKS, PH.D BAR 
Dr. Inks, Ph.D. spends her time beneath the waves pondering life’s big questions while still finding time to sip. At this bar you’ll enjoy her favorites, like unique ocean-themed drinks such as color-changing cocktails, jellyfish and layered shots, and playful items featuring sea foam, boba pearls and unique garnishes that are as visually striking as they are delicious. Your clients will enjoy tasty drinks, live music and great company as they relax and people-watch at this along-the-way bar surrounded by an environment that transports guests to Dr.Inks’ underwater home. 

The Golden Mermaid

THE GOLDEN MERMAID 
This ultra-stylish lounge is home to a mysterious golden mermaid who swims to the depths of the oceans to find long-lost treasures of ancient civilizations and uncovers secret cocktail recipes. The mixological treasures here include cocktail recipes inspired by precious metals and gemstones, drinks served in exquisite glassware, plus garnishes like edible glitter reminiscent of sunlight streaming through the waves! All this glitz pairs perfectly with live music — it’s a perfect place to relax with an elegant drink before or after dinner.

Emeril's Bistro 717

EMERIL’S BISTRO 717
Emeril our Chief Culinary Officer is a crowd-pleaser, and his style of hometown favorites — New Orleans’ Creole and seafood — is back by popular demand! At Emeril’s Bistro 717, the good stuff starts early with breakfast like shrimp & grits, poached eggs and — mm-mmm! — beignets. Then for lunch and dinner there’s seafood creations such as creole boiled shrimp, fresh oysters, stone crab (seasonally) and lobster, as well as Crescent City classics like jambalaya, fresh oysters, duck ‘n sausage gumbo, stone crab and more.

THE SHORES ZONE—THE PLACE WHERE THE OCEAN MEETS THE LAND 
The Shores Zone—The Place Where The Ocean Meets The Land

Located on Deck 8, The Shores is the place where the ocean meets land, a zone that’s inspired by the ways people enjoy the seaside including piers, boardwalks and beaches. An impressive three-deck-high fish school art installation rises from Deck 6 all the way to Deck 8 to bring guests up from the Currents below to the surface. Here, your clients will stroll along the boardwalk alongside colorful and playful designs, including a fun Ferris wheel- inspired ceiling feature, and casual seating areas, both inside and outside.

Coastal Slice

COASTAL SLICE
No seaside experience would be complete without some delicious snacks, that’s why the Shores zone delivers with two counter venues offering fresh hot pizza at Coastal Slice or  Beach Buns where your clients can enjoy delicious sandwiches and hot dogs to enjoy by the boardwalk or al fresco on the lanai. 

Marina Bar

MARINA BAR 
Inspired by the shores of New England, with nautical, boating and yachting themes, this inside- outside bar is the perfect place for enjoying coffee and cocktails inside by the boardwalk or outside by the sea. 

PLUS, FAN-FAVORITE ZONES THAT ARE SURE TO WOW
Plus, Fan-favorite Zones That Are Sure To Wow

In addition to Currents & Shores, Carnival Jubilee will also be home to four zones filled with spectacular activities and venues that guests have gotten to love on both Mardi Gras and Carnival Celebration including Grand Central, The  Ultimate Playground featuring BOLT, the Ultimate Sea Coaster,  Summer Landing and  Lido.

• Like 6

They need to be careful with using LED screens so much.  They look like trash when the pixels start to burn out.  I was on the Vista this past October, and large swaths of the LED-ceiling in the main lobby were out.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Carl Nival said:

They need to be careful with using LED screens so much.  They look like trash when the pixels start to burn out.  I was on the Vista this past October, and large swaths of the LED-ceiling in the main lobby were out.

Additionally Carnival isn't known for properly maintaining their ships. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

Okay, this might be enough to get me to sail from Galveston (where you can't have Cheers on day 1) at least once. Excel class is another level, and certainly getting myself from AZ to TX is easier/cheaper than getting to FL, even though Galveston is a whole other mess.

We’re going next year on Jubilee from Galveston with friends from California and Idaho; really is much easier for them to get to Galveston than Florida!  And yep on the Galveston mess…I hate having to get there after flying in to Houston.

I also have some video coverage of the new Jubilee zones in my cruise news video this week; just look for Cruising with Dee on YouTube,

7 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

So many people. I like when the ships keep it around 3-4000. This ship looks packed. The size increase looks like cabins and not open space. 

It's true, Carnival's Excel class accommodates basically the same amount of people as RCL's Oasis class (Oasis holds a few hundred more, which is nothing when you are talking about over 5,000 people). But the Oasis class is around 45000 tons larger (or about half of a Carnival Spirit).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I welcome more Excel class ships with open arms!

I would too! We absolutely LOVED Mardi Gras. Our last ship we were on before her was the Breeze. The Breeze felt every bit as crowded as the size she was. The buffet was stupid busy, coffee lines,  etc. and we talked about how much different the Mardi Gras felt. Bigger, yes. But Mardi Gras really did an excellent job of dispersing the crowds. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, missholly24 said:

So many people. I like when the ships keep it around 3-4000. This ship looks packed. The size increase looks like cabins and not open space. 

I have been on Mardi Gras/Celebration 5 times now - the bigger crowds really weren't that noticeable...

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's true, Carnival's Excel class accommodates basically the same amount of people as RCL's Oasis class (Oasis holds a few hundred more, which is nothing when you are talking about over 5,000 people). But the Oasis class is around 45000 tons larger (or about half of a Carnival Spirit).

The numbers/stats indeed look bad when you consider tonnage and I had some major concerns about that.

Now that I have been on both classes, I believe that Excel did a better job of spreading people out across the ship throughout the day and evening.  So, in the end I've not noticed a big difference between the two in regard to crowds.  We absolutely loved the Celebration and at this point it would come down to port/price/etc. the next time we have to pick between Excel and Oasis.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 8:50 AM, mz-s said:

You have sailed on MG or Celebration?

On 4/28/2023 at 9:22 PM, irun5k said:

The numbers/stats indeed look bad when you consider tonnage and I had some major concerns about that.

It seems many people have misconceptions about tonnage. which has nothing to do with the weight of a ship. Higher ceilings will give a ship higher tonnage than a similar ship with lower ceilings yet there is still the same amount of square footage for passengers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Higher ceilings will give a ship higher tonnage than a similar ship with lower ceilings

You may be talking about freeboard. You do count the weight of the air in the ship spaces so a higher freeboard will obviously add more weight than the same size vessel with a lower freeboard. 

11 minutes ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

You may be talking about freeboard. You do count the weight of the air in the ship spaces so a higher freeboard will obviously add more weight than the same size vessel with a lower freeboard. 

I'm talking about gross tonnage which is a measurement of volume and has nothing to do with the weight of anything.

On 4/27/2023 at 4:55 PM, allinwonderland said:

Okay, this might be enough to get me to sail from Galveston (where you can't have Cheers on day 1) at least once. Excel class is another level, and certainly getting myself from AZ to TX is easier/cheaper than getting to FL, even though Galveston is a whole other mess.

You can't use the Cheers package on embarkation day in Galveston?