Reporting from Arvia

Mad4WDW

Hi All,

Just reporting to with an update on the latest potential cutbacks.

We've had no biscuits in our cabin now for 2 days.

It started with what I thought was my wife committing a biscuit felony and sneakily eating a pack in the afternoon so there was only one pack left but has turned into a full on disaster with supplies now depleted.  

Multiple reports of cabins with no biscuits. We haven’t saw any rioting yet but have definitely heard a few passengers tutting loudly which is the British equivalent. 

So there you have it, cabin biscuits appear to no longer be a thing. Unless it’s just due to operational reasons 🤞

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, Mad4WDW said:

Hi All,

Just reporting to with an update on the latest potential cutbacks.

We've had no biscuits in our cabin now for 2 days.

It started with what I thought was my wife committing a biscuit felony and sneakily eating a pack in the afternoon so there was only one pack left but has turned into a full on disaster with supplies now depleted.  

Multiple reports of cabins with no biscuits. We haven’t saw any rioting yet but have definitely heard a few passengers tutting loudly which is the British equivalent. 

So there you have it, cabin biscuits appear to no longer be a thing. Unless it’s just due to operational reasons 🤞

Maybe the cardboard used to make P&O biscuits is in short supply...

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Maybe the cardboard used to make P&O biscuits is in short supply...

I liked those biscuits 🍪 The small pieces of concrete they give you at costa are the worst 👎

8 minutes ago, lincslady said:

There are very few, if any, other cruise lines who provide biscuits in cabins, in my experience.  Even British ones, like Fred and Saga.

Saga and Cunard have Walkers biscuits .

• Thanks 1

Oh, sorry.  I have done lots of Saga cruises with no cabin biscuits, but admittedly not for about 5 years, so maybe things have changed.  Did get the very good English sparkling wine though, for previous cruisers.  My last Cunard cruises were on Sagafjord and Vistafiord, so you know how long ago that was!  Didn't care for the Cunard style.

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

There are very few, if any, other cruise lines who provide biscuits in cabins, in my experience.  Even British ones, like Fred and Saga.

Marella did last autumn, also evening turn down and chocolate on pillow.

no free biccie in the Coffee Port though, They have Lavazza coffee

Edited by davecttr

9 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

And yes before anyone asks I have demanded a full refund as compensation for my disappointment and distress. 

I do think you're pushing it, there.  I think the none supply of biscuits is only worth £250 future OBC each, at most. Perhaps you need to contact your local rag when you get home. Don't forget to practice your sad compo faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

31 minutes ago, TigerB said:

I do think you're pushing it, there.  I think the none supply of biscuits is only worth £250 future OBC each, at most. Perhaps you need to contact your local rag when you get home. Don't forget to practice your sad compo faces.

According to Paul Ludlow,  99.9 % of passengers are getting biscuits.

• Haha 12

I was going to have a browse  as we are thinking of another cruise.  Will look at other lines now if P & O haven't any biscuits!🤣

True story.  We were on a cruise with a newly established line from Tilbury.  Prices were good and we

were lucky  to be able to have a suite.    One of the perks was a jar of biscuits, shipmade and gorgeous  One night we sat with a couple at a quiz and I happened to mention coffee and biscuits.    Big mistake the Wife went into one, where did we get them, why did we have them and not them,  she wouldn't let it rest and was going off to find out why.  We avoided them for the rest of the cruise.  With all the amount of lovely food on the ship,  it  was a biscuit for goodness sake, a biscuit!!!😗 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

I always take my own preferred brand! 

That centre section of the tea caddy thingy looks like it would be the perfect size to empty a pack of Aldi Chocolate Oaties into. I’m going to see if I can source a tape measure

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mad4WDW said:

That centre section of the tea caddy thingy looks like it would be the perfect size to empty a pack of Aldi Chocolate Oaties into. I’m going to see if I can source a tape measure

Have you checked under the cups for the elusive bikkys ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, davecttr said:

Marella did last autumn, also evening turn down and chocolate on pillow.

no free biccie in the Coffee Port though, They have Lavazza coffee

I seem to recall biscuits on Celebrity, certainly chocolates and turndown. Free biscuits and cakes in the coffee shop.

• Like 1