O Life is changing

LHT28

Noticed in some of the  talks  with  new things  happening at O 

O life  will be updated

They  will be  offering  all  the O life perks  in a new program   to make it easier ...  coming  mid July

Now if they can  get rid  of  the  2 for 1  marketing crap

Google is your friend

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Noticed in some of the  talks  with  new things  happening at O 

O life  will be updated

They  will be  offering  all  the O life perks  in a new program   to make it easier ...  coming  mid July

Now if they can  get rid  of  the  2 for 1  marketing crap

Google is your friend

Tried a Google search, nothing came up re: changes.  Will you elaborate?  Thanks

• Like 1

Really don’t see much happening until September with the next batch of cruise releases. 

They’ve had so many sales on short to intermediate term cruises already it’ll start affecting expectations. Just guessing they’ll shut the ESS sales down shortly and go to silent sales to finish filling the ships on those cruises.

Then, with the new releases, a new deal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Really don’t see much happening until September with the next batch of cruise releases. 

They’ve had so many sales on short to intermediate term cruises already it’ll start affecting expectations. Just guessing they’ll shut the ESS sales down shortly and go to silent sales to finish filling the ships on those cruises.

Then, with the new releases, a new deal.

It would seem pretty obvious cruises aren't selling well, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing these sales. So what do we expect to change? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

It would seem pretty obvious cruises aren't selling well, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing these sales. So what do we expect to change? 

Cruise lines started to believe in their own cool aid, that cruise sales would come roaring back. Didn’t happen. Number of situations to verify this.

Here’s the marketing dilemma. If Oceania gets caught in a loop where everyone starts expecting more and more sales and discounts after cruise release, people set and wait for the next sale. Some here are already doing this. That’s why I believe O will quit the sales on the short and intermediate term cruises. Silent sales bring in near the money with out the public sale “ mania”. I effectively used a silent sale to fill the Marina on our recent cruise.

Going forward with the new Fall release is an open bag. We’ll see how they price them, with added benefits, to get them to move early. NCLH lost $0.30/share last quarter which isn’t sustainable. They can’t sustain a formula where cruisers grow to expect a 70% ( or even 40%) off Christmas , or whatever, sale.

• Like 2

I cannot post a link as it was  a travel site

here is part of the quote from FDR JR

"a new promotion will be launched in mid-July that will offer updates and replace the O Life program that offered a choice of free shore excursions, onboard credit or beverage packages.

“We’re making it easy because instead of making choices, you’re just going to get it all,” Del Rio said."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Cruise lines started to believe in their own cool aid, that cruise sales would come roaring back. Didn’t happen. Number of situations to verify this.

Here’s the marketing dilemma. If Oceania gets caught in a loop where everyone starts expecting more and more sales and discounts after cruise release, people set and wait for the next sale. Some here are already doing this. That’s why I believe O will quit the sales on the short and intermediate term cruises. Silent sales bring in near the money with out the public sale “ mania”. I effectively used a silent sale to fill the Marina on our recent cruise.

Going forward with the new Fall release is an open bag. We’ll see how they price them, with added benefits, to get them to move early. NCLH lost $0.30/share last quarter which isn’t sustainable. They can’t sustain a formula where cruisers grow to expect a 70% ( or even 40%) off Christmas , or whatever, sale.

I do not know what a silent sale is. Insider/past Oceania benefit? 

I do wonder how it is that Viking has apparently bumped their pay in full advance date out, yet again? I read that now it is 18 months, and yet they keep filling a lot of itineraries. Their prices have jumped dramatically in the past year. Their current ‘sales’ are only on 2023 sailings. A very good product, but I am not sure how that works so well for them. And…if you book in advance and there is a sale later, that sale price is not honored as it is on other lines. They have a Niche of loyal fans that I understand to a certain degree, as do other lines. 

On the other hand, I am trying to educate myself on how and when  other cruise lines such as Oceania and Seabourn typically offer up their most attractive pricing. Is there a pattern with O or is it random?  I am thinking 2024 

• Like 1

Simple definition of the Silent sale is that there are a certain number of preferred Oceania agents that have access to special pricing that is not advertised anywhere or is not available on their website. The agents then notify their clients that might be interested in them. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LHT28 said:

“We’re making it easy because instead of making choices, you’re just going to get it all,” Del Rio said."

Do we guess that means there's just going to be Ultimate on offer?

Though NCL's occupancy rates have risen dramatically and seem strong:

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings had an average load factor of 101.5 percent in the first quarter, according to company executives speaking on the corporation’s first quarter earnings call.

Most Recent Occupancy Rates:

Q1 2022: 48%
Q2 2022: 65%
Q3 2022: 81%
Q4 2022: 87%"

(Cruise Industry News, 5/2/2023)

However w

24 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though NCL's occupancy rates have risen dramatically and seem strong:

"Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings had an average load factor of 101.5 percent in the first quarter, according to company executives speaking on the corporation’s first quarter earnings call.

Most Recent Occupancy Rates:

Q1 2022: 48%
Q2 2022: 65%
Q3 2022: 81%
Q4 2022: 87%"

(Cruise Industry News, 5/2/2023)

However with increased capacity with NCL's, Oceania, and RSSC new builds these levels are going down in Q2 to Q4.  That is why there is a supersale to fill the ships for the remainder of the year.

NCL stated in their presentation that they will fill the ships, hinting at reduced margins (total yearly EPS $0.75).  The analysts were very friendly and did not press the points.

9 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

...The analysts were very friendly and did not press the points.

We are dealing with future estimates. BUT over at Royal Caribbean from May 4th (Cruise Industry News):

"Booking volumes in the first quarter were significantly higher than the corresponding period in 2019 and were considerably better than expected. This year, WAVE started earlier and extended further, generating a record level of bookings. These strong booking trends resulted in an acceleration of our booked position in relation to prior years. In addition, the company is generating significantly more bookings at meaningfully higher prices than in prior years, particularly from the North American consumer. ...As of March 31, 2023, the Group’s customer deposit balance was at a record $5.3 billion." (emphasis added)

11 hours ago, ORV said:

Simple definition of the Silent sale is that there are a certain number of preferred Oceania agents that have access to special pricing that is not advertised anywhere or is not available on their website. The agents then notify their clients that might be interested in them. 

Actually, the lingo I’ve always heard is “Quiet Sale.” And it rotates for a given period of time from TA(s) to TA(s) [though I know from experience that the right “O preferred partner” TA can get a “Quiet Sale” price match even when it’s not their turn in the rotation]. I’ve taken advantage of that match and found the basic program to be similar in pricing to the “book onboard” discount (though I’ve also gotten an occasional TA flier with select cruises having cabin availability within a month +\- of embarkation that have larger price drops). 

I have enjoyed the all-inclusive concept on other cruise lines such as Azamara, Regent & Seabourn.   Hopefully, if O Life does expand, O will allow previous bookings to take advantage of the new program.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Actually, the lingo I’ve always heard is “Quiet Sale.” And it rotates for a given period of time from TA(s) to TA(s) [though I know from experience that the right “O preferred partner” TA can get a “Quiet Sale” price match even when it’s not their turn in the rotation]. I’ve taken advantage of that match and found the basic program to be similar in pricing to the “book onboard” discount (though I’ve also gotten an occasional TA flier with select cruises having cabin availability within a month +\- of embarkation that have larger price drops). 

For those with the right TA, combined with the flexibility to cruise with 15-45 days notice, the prices can be jaw dropping. 🥂

• Like 1

Except when no other options exist, we avoid O shorex. When we take them, they rarely are included in the OLife package. One of the things we disliked about Viking was the ship included shorex which we had “ paid for”, but skipped for a better private tour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Except when no other options exist, we avoid O shorex. When we take them, they rarely are included in the OLife package. One of the things we disliked about Viking was the ship included shorex which we had “ paid for”, but skipped for a better private tour.

One of my biggest issues with Viking as well. We also are not shore excursions except when the port truly does make the most sense….and it was never the included Viking excursion - unless we used it as transportation which only works with walking tours. Now their pricing has really taken a jump. 
Their “included” drinks package always needs the upgraded package for us, but that charge was reasonable compared to other lines.